Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default tool/yard sale gloat

I picked up a really neat piece today, a Lufkin METAL folding 48" measurer.
I've seen lots of wood, but never a metal one. ebay didn't have any. It
was a buck. It will look good on my growing wall of old tools.

I went to another, and they had a piece of black pottery. The gal said it
was her grandfather's. It looked like a Maria Ildelfonso piece, and I was
interested. She said take it, as I guess it has some bad juju associated
with it. I also got a really neat leather skin kachina (indian dancer) wall
plaque, also free. Then I saw a mirror with a metal frame around it with
squares of cowboy themed things in each 6 x 6 square. I'm going to cut out
some new things, and put it together for my grandsons for their new cowboy
room.

Total cost, $5. I have contacted medicine man galleries and sent pictures
of the pot, and will advise when I find its value. Some of these go for up
to $10,000, but I'd be happy just to find that it is authentic Maria
Ildelfonso. It will look good in my expanding collection.

Got a pancake compressor on cart, a car buffer to make a billiard ball
polisher, some lab glass for yeast cultures for my beer brewing, and several
dollar and two items. Oh, don't forget a really nice staple puller that has
to go for $4 retail for a quarter.

I got some J trim to complete my carport sides for $11 per 12' piece, and
locally, they wanted $17 per copy "on a deal if I bought ten". Yeah, right.

Las Vegas was full of yard sales, and condo associations and HOA's had them
where there was a yard sale or three on nearly every street. Quality of
goods was medium to medium high.

One small welding/cutting rig, but off brand, and all I need is a small
head, Victor 100, IIRC.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 21:35:48 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

Got a pancake compressor on cart, a car buffer to make a billiard ball
polisher,

Know anyone who wants a Brunswick Admiral Snooker table, made in
1897...I have one available. Balls, cues, racks, ball polisher..new
pocket webs, new felt all included

Its..heavy.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Got a pancake compressor on cart, a car buffer to make a billiard ball
polisher,

Know anyone who wants a Brunswick Admiral Snooker table, made in
1897...I have one available. Balls, cues, racks, ball polisher..new
pocket webs, new felt all included

Its..heavy.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " *Jonah Goldberg (modified)

Just a suggestion from a liberal...maybe you could give it to your
creditors to start paying your debt off?

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

One small welding/cutting rig, but off brand, and all I need is a small
head, Victor 100, IIRC.

Whatcha got to trade?

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

One small welding/cutting rig, but off brand, and all I need is a small
head, Victor 100, IIRC.

Whatcha got to trade?

Gunner

What do you need/want? Am cleaning out, too, and have lots of "stuff".

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 1 May 2011 08:03:25 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

One small welding/cutting rig, but off brand, and all I need is a small
head, Victor 100, IIRC.

Whatcha got to trade?

Gunner

What do you need/want? Am cleaning out, too, and have lots of "stuff".

Steve

Crom....are you looking for the handle, cutting head, brazing
head..what ? Or the whole torch?

Gun stuff is something Ive not stocked up on in years...dies, brass etc
etc

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

One small welding/cutting rig, but off brand, and all I need is a small
head, Victor 100, IIRC.

Whatcha got to trade?

Gunner

What do you need/want? *Am cleaning out, too, and have lots of "stuff"..

Steve

Crom....are you looking for the handle, cutting head, brazing
head..what ? Or the whole torch?

Gun stuff is something Ive not stocked up on in years...dies, brass etc
etc

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " *Jonah Goldberg (modified)- Hide quoted text -

Why do you still have guns when your creditors haven't been paid?

Have you no pride Gummer?

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

One small welding/cutting rig, but off brand, and all I need is a small
head, Victor 100, IIRC.

Whatcha got to trade?

Gunner

What do you need/want? Am cleaning out, too, and have lots of "stuff".

Steve

Crom....are you looking for the handle, cutting head, brazing
head..what ? Or the whole torch?

Gun stuff is something Ive not stocked up on in years...dies, brass etc
etc

I would like a small cutting torch, (Victor) and if there are any gas
welding tips, that would be a plus. I have some holsters, leather, assorted
stuff, but no reloading equipment. I have some other shop stuff that I'm
separating and parting with things I have three of.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

One small welding/cutting rig, but off brand, and all I need is a
small head, Victor 100, IIRC.

Whatcha got to trade?

Gunner

What do you need/want? Am cleaning out, too, and have lots of
"stuff". Steve

Crom....are you looking for the handle, cutting head, brazing
head..what ? Or the whole torch?

Gun stuff is something Ive not stocked up on in years...dies, brass
etc etc

I would like a small cutting torch, (Victor) and if there are any gas
welding tips, that would be a plus. I have some holsters, leather,
assorted stuff, but no reloading equipment. I have some other shop
stuff that I'm separating and parting with things I have three of.

Steve

Hey Steve , I've got a spare Victor 315FC handle and a CA2460 cutting head I
took in on a trade, ya interested or is this one too big? Whole unit is like
20" long assembled . My tanks aren'tbig enough to use this one , and I very
seldom need to cut anything thick enough to justify renting bigger tanks .

--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

One small welding/cutting rig, but off brand, and all I need is a small
head, Victor 100, IIRC.

Whatcha got to trade?

Gunner

What do you need/want? Am cleaning out, too, and have lots of "stuff".

Steve

Crom....are you looking for the handle, cutting head, brazing
head..what ? Or the whole torch?

Gun stuff is something Ive not stocked up on in years...dies, brass etc
etc

I would like a small cutting torch, (Victor) and if there are any gas
welding tips, that would be a plus. I have some holsters, leather, assorted
stuff, but no reloading equipment. I have some other shop stuff that I'm
separating and parting with things I have three of.

Steve

Ive got about 15 cutting torches and a mess of accessories cluttering up
my drawers and bins. Ive got probably 3 of the 100 series Victors and a
number of the bigger 315 size torches, along with Harris, Oxweld,
Marguette and a bunch...bunch of other stuff.

Ill put them on my list to photograph and post.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Sounds really fun! I would not know Maria Ildelfonso even if she bit
my ass. But it sounds like something valuable.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus15384" wrote in message
Sounds really fun! I would not know Maria Ildelfonso even if she bit
my ass. But it sounds like something valuable.

Heard back already from a shop in Albuquerque. Looks like it is a Maria
Tafoya, value up to $8k. Needs a little restoration, probably $200. Am
documenting it with other galleries. You gotta keep your eye out at those
yard sales for the diamonds in the dirt.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-05-01, Steve B wrote:

"Ignoramus15384" wrote in message
Sounds really fun! I would not know Maria Ildelfonso even if she bit
my ass. But it sounds like something valuable.

Heard back already from a shop in Albuquerque. Looks like it is a Maria
Tafoya, value up to $8k. Needs a little restoration, probably $200. Am
documenting it with other galleries. You gotta keep your eye out at those
yard sales for the diamonds in the dirt.

Awesome. Got a picture of that thing?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-05-01, Steve B wrote:

"Ignoramus15384" wrote in message
Sounds really fun! I would not know Maria Ildelfonso even if she bit
my ass. But it sounds like something valuable.

Heard back already from a shop in Albuquerque. Looks like it is a Maria
Tafoya, value up to $8k. Needs a little restoration, probably $200. Am
documenting it with other galleries. You gotta keep your eye out at
those
yard sales for the diamonds in the dirt.

Awesome. Got a picture of that thing?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/2/2011 1:05 AM, Steve B wrote:

You gotta keep your eye out at those
yard sales for the diamonds in the dirt.

Wasn't looking for art, but 20+ years ago, saw three really nice
Japanese watercolors at a yard sale, in a far corner of stuff. Marked $1
each, I bought all three. I'm no art expert, but I knew these were not
modern production prints. Seller was obviously WWII generation. After he
gently places them in a paper sack for me I thank him and turn for my
car. As I start to walk away, he says "Those are worth a lot of money".
I turned back, and he had the saddest look on his face, while his wife
was grinning ear to ear. To this day, I regret not going back and
finding out the story behind this.

They turned out to be pre-WWII Hiroshigi and are worth at least $100
each. Not a major score, but darn decent.

Jon