DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   real estate auction (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/322181-re-real-estate-auction.html)

Ignoramus28268 April 24th 11 03:52 PM

real estate auction

The contract from the auction is he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/House-On-...r/Contract.pdf

RS at work April 24th 11 05:45 PM

real estate auction

On Apr 24, 7:52*am, Ignoramus28268 ignoramus28...@NOSPAM.
28268.invalid wrote:
The contract from the auction is he

* *http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/House-On-...r/Contract.pdf

The "we get to strip mine your property clause": "The mineral estate
has been severed from this parcel and will not convey upon transfer of
the surface estate".

"This property may be bound by the assessments and restrictions of a
condo/home/property owners association and Buyer agrees to be bound by
same and to assume any special assessments that may become payable
after the Closing date"

This little gem of a clause means that your pocket is subject to
picking when some busybodies want to pick your pocket. An example
might be when the HOA decides to make a special assessment to plant a
hedge around the strip mine, so they can pay their brother in law who
gives nice kickbacks.

When you look at paragraph 7 & 8 you will see that if for some reason
your check bounces you will have to sell your wife to a white slave
ring in Zimbabwe, forfiet all your worldly goods and possessions and
anything else they can dream up.

If however for some reason the seller is found at fault for the most
egregious swindle, you will be due an apology without admitting any
wrongdoing.

All pretty standard stuff when the contract is written by the seller.

Congratulations on your purchase, you should come out just fine.

Roger Shoaf

Joseph Gwinn April 24th 11 06:03 PM

real estate auction

In article ,
Ignoramus28268 wrote:

The contract from the auction is he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/House-On-...r/Contract.pdf

Very one-sided, but perhaps standard in Chicagoland. Get thee to a
lawyer.

One thing that sticks up is that mineral rights are not included. Is it
that a prior owner sold those rights? Worth a few questions.

Joe Gwinn

Ignoramus28268 April 24th 11 06:07 PM

real estate auction

28268.invalid wrote:
The contract from the auction is he

? ?http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/House-On-...r/Contract.pdf

The "we get to strip mine your property clause": "The mineral estate
has been severed from this parcel and will not convey upon transfer of
the surface estate".

There is no minerals there, other than the gold nuggets laying open,
of course.

"This property may be bound by the assessments and restrictions of a
condo/home/property owners association and Buyer agrees to be bound by
same and to assume any special assessments that may become payable
after the Closing date"

This little gem of a clause means that your pocket is subject to
picking when some busybodies want to pick your pocket. An example
might be when the HOA decides to make a special assessment to plant a
hedge around the strip mine, so they can pay their brother in law who
gives nice kickbacks.

Yes, but I am completely positive that there is no HOA. I lived just
one street down from there.

When you look at paragraph 7 & 8 you will see that if for some reason
your check bounces you will have to sell your wife to a white slave
ring in Zimbabwe, forfiet all your worldly goods and possessions and
anything else they can dream up.

If however for some reason the seller is found at fault for the most
egregious swindle, you will be due an apology without admitting any
wrongdoing.

All pretty standard stuff when the contract is written by the seller.

Congratulations on your purchase, you should come out just fine.

Thanks. All I want is to get a good title and the house. I went there
today and duct taped a small piece of a window in a shed that was
broken.

Talked to one neighbor. One good news is that it is not a flood
zone. Flood zone ends on the other side of the street.

Turns out that the financial story behind the auction was not that of
out of control spenders. The owners were an older couple, wife
developed a "very serious illness", and they had to borrow a lot of
money to pay for her treatments. They probably knew that they could
not repay the debt. Anyway, they did not repay, of course, the house
went on auction, and I bought it.

Ignoramus28268 April 24th 11 06:15 PM

real estate auction

On 2011-04-24, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,
Ignoramus28268 wrote:

The contract from the auction is he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/House-On-...r/Contract.pdf

Very one-sided, but perhaps standard in Chicagoland. Get thee to a
lawyer.

One thing that sticks up is that mineral rights are not included. Is it
that a prior owner sold those rights? Worth a few questions.

I cannot imagine any kind of mineral mining there, it is in the middle
of a residential town in IL, there is nothing worth mining and never
was. It is probably a CYA clause in the sales contract.

Rich Grise[_3_] April 24th 11 08:04 PM

real estate auction

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
Ignoramus28268 wrote:

The contract from the auction is he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/House-On-...r/Contract.pdf

Very one-sided, but perhaps standard in Chicagoland. Get thee to a
lawyer.

One thing that sticks up is that mineral rights are not included. Is it
that a prior owner sold those rights? Worth a few questions.

Are mineral rights routinely included in other real estate transactions?

How about airspace? If you own a piece of land, how far does the ownership
extend in the Z axis?

Thanks,
Rich

Michael A. Terrell April 24th 11 09:03 PM

real estate auction

On 2011-04-24, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,
Ignoramus28268 wrote:

The contract from the auction is he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/House-On-...r/Contract.pdf

Very one-sided, but perhaps standard in Chicagoland. Get thee to a
lawyer.

One thing that sticks up is that mineral rights are not included. Is it
that a prior owner sold those rights? Worth a few questions.

I cannot imagine any kind of mineral mining there, it is in the middle
of a residential town in IL, there is nothing worth mining and never
was. It is probably a CYA clause in the sales contract.

It's likely that the mineral rights were sold decades or even 100
years ago, long before the area was developed. Just because there are
houses on the property wouldn't stop them from coming in and doing
whatever they want, if they found something worth mining.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Bob Engelhardt April 24th 11 10:11 PM

real estate auction

mineral rights

I'm sure that "mineral rights" depends very much upon the wording of the
deed that conveys them. But, the cases that I know of did NOT include
any surface easements. In other words, the buyer gets the minerals, but
he has to get them via an underground access. I.e., tunnels.

So, a coal company buys the minerals rights for some large area, sinks a
shaft on its own property, and sends out tunnels underneath the
properties they bought the mineral rights to.

Second hand info from long ago, but it makes sense.

Bob

Ignoramus28268 April 24th 11 10:27 PM

real estate auction

On 2011-04-24, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,
Ignoramus28268 wrote:

The contract from the auction is he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/House-On-...r/Contract.pdf

Very one-sided, but perhaps standard in Chicagoland. Get thee to a
lawyer.

One thing that sticks up is that mineral rights are not included. Is it
that a prior owner sold those rights? Worth a few questions.

I cannot imagine any kind of mineral mining there, it is in the middle
of a residential town in IL, there is nothing worth mining and never
was. It is probably a CYA clause in the sales contract.

It's likely that the mineral rights were sold decades or even 100
years ago, long before the area was developed. Just because there are
houses on the property wouldn't stop them from coming in and doing
whatever they want, if they found something worth mining.

Scary, I hope that they do not discover uranium deposits under here.

Ignoramus28268 April 24th 11 10:28 PM

real estate auction

On 2011-04-24, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
mineral rights

I'm sure that "mineral rights" depends very much upon the wording of the
deed that conveys them. But, the cases that I know of did NOT include
any surface easements. In other words, the buyer gets the minerals, but
he has to get them via an underground access. I.e., tunnels.

So, a coal company buys the minerals rights for some large area, sinks a
shaft on its own property, and sends out tunnels underneath the
properties they bought the mineral rights to.

Second hand info from long ago, but it makes sense.

Bob

So, no open pit mining in my backyard!

Larry Jaques[_3_] April 24th 11 10:41 PM

real estate auction

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 12:15:59 -0500, Ignoramus28268

On 2011-04-24, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,
Ignoramus28268 wrote:

The contract from the auction is he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/House-On-...r/Contract.pdf

Very one-sided, but perhaps standard in Chicagoland. Get thee to a
lawyer.

One thing that sticks up is that mineral rights are not included. Is it
that a prior owner sold those rights? Worth a few questions.

I cannot imagine any kind of mineral mining there, it is in the middle
of a residential town in IL, there is nothing worth mining and never
was. It is probably a CYA clause in the sales contract.

Darn, it means you can't search for uranium under there.

--
Make up your mind to act decidedly and take the consequences.
No good is ever done in this world by hesitation.

Spehro Pefhany April 24th 11 10:51 PM

real estate auction

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 12:15:59 -0500, the renowned Ignoramus28268

On 2011-04-24, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,
Ignoramus28268 wrote:

The contract from the auction is he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/House-On-...r/Contract.pdf

Very one-sided, but perhaps standard in Chicagoland. Get thee to a
lawyer.

One thing that sticks up is that mineral rights are not included. Is it
that a prior owner sold those rights? Worth a few questions.

I cannot imagine any kind of mineral mining there, it is in the middle
of a residential town in IL, there is nothing worth mining and never
was. It is probably a CYA clause in the sales contract.

Apparently it's SOP in Illinois. Only a problem if there's an oil well
on the property. ;-)

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

PrecisionmachinisT April 24th 11 10:57 PM

real estate auction

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

On 2011-04-24, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,
Ignoramus28268 wrote:

The contract from the auction is he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/House-On-...r/Contract.pdf

Very one-sided, but perhaps standard in Chicagoland. Get thee to a
lawyer.

One thing that sticks up is that mineral rights are not included. Is
it
that a prior owner sold those rights? Worth a few questions.

I cannot imagine any kind of mineral mining there, it is in the middle
of a residential town in IL, there is nothing worth mining and never
was. It is probably a CYA clause in the sales contract.

It's likely that the mineral rights were sold decades or even 100
years ago, long before the area was developed. Just because there are
houses on the property wouldn't stop them from coming in and doing
whatever they want, if they found something worth mining.

Realistically, what it means today is that you can't turn the place into a
gravel pit.

Spehro Pefhany April 24th 11 10:58 PM

real estate auction

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 16:28:48 -0500, the renowned Ignoramus28268

On 2011-04-24, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
mineral rights

I'm sure that "mineral rights" depends very much upon the wording of the
deed that conveys them. But, the cases that I know of did NOT include
any surface easements. In other words, the buyer gets the minerals, but
he has to get them via an underground access. I.e., tunnels.

So, a coal company buys the minerals rights for some large area, sinks a
shaft on its own property, and sends out tunnels underneath the
properties they bought the mineral rights to.

Second hand info from long ago, but it makes sense.

Bob

So, no open pit mining in my backyard!

NIMBY!

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Rich Grise[_3_] April 25th 11 02:50 AM

real estate auction

On 2011-04-24, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
mineral rights

I'm sure that "mineral rights" depends very much upon the wording of the
deed that conveys them. But, the cases that I know of did NOT include
any surface easements. In other words, the buyer gets the minerals, but
he has to get them via an underground access. I.e., tunnels.

So, a coal company buys the minerals rights for some large area, sinks a
shaft on its own property, and sends out tunnels underneath the
properties they bought the mineral rights to.

Second hand info from long ago, but it makes sense.

So, no open pit mining in my backyard!

Do they have restrictions on how deep you can dig for, say, a sprinkler
system, or backyard pool, or underground heat exchanger for a heat pump?

Thanks,
Rich

John April 25th 11 03:29 AM

real estate auction

28268.invalid wrote:
[...]

mark that end of the flood zone with a sign so when it does flood the
water knows not to go beyond the sign. :)

John

John April 25th 11 03:36 AM

real estate auction

On 2011-04-24, Joseph wrote:
In articleUcmdnV5O_a7WpCnQnZ2dnUVZ_jGdnZ2d@giganews. com,
wrote:

The contract from the auction is he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/House-On-...r/Contract.pdf

Very one-sided, but perhaps standard in Chicagoland. Get thee to a
lawyer.

One thing that sticks up is that mineral rights are not included. Is it
that a prior owner sold those rights? Worth a few questions.

I cannot imagine any kind of mineral mining there, it is in the middle
of a residential town in IL, there is nothing worth mining and never
was. It is probably a CYA clause in the sales contract.

Someone holds the mineral rights. Here in PA hard coal area almost
all the land is sold without mineral rights. They are usually held by
the descendants of the original owners of the tracts or bought up by
the coal companys. If you find coal in your back yard you cannot
legally dig it out, or ' bootleg' it although some people do. The gas
well drilling areas are mostly do not have the mineral rights split off
and the farmers are making a killing on gas lease contracts.
Just for the fun of it you should find out who has the mineral rights on
you property and when they were split off.

John

Ignoramus28268 April 25th 11 03:56 AM

real estate auction

On 2011-04-25, John wrote:
Ignoramus28268 wrote:
Talked to one neighbor. One good news is that it is not a flood
zone. Flood zone ends on the other side of the street.

mark that end of the flood zone with a sign so when it does flood the
water knows not to go beyond the sign. :)

Yes, kind of like prayer.

I added a few links and aerial pictures he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/House-On-River-Dr/

Ignoramus28268 April 25th 11 03:58 AM

real estate auction

wrote:

[...]

I will ask the village tomorrow, I have a long phone call with them.

Say, if coal was discovered under my house, could the owner of those
mineral rights kick me out and dig a giant coal mine?

John April 25th 11 03:58 AM

real estate auction

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
mineral rights

I'm sure that "mineral rights" depends very much upon the wording of the
deed that conveys them. But, the cases that I know of did NOT include
any surface easements. In other words, the buyer gets the minerals, but
he has to get them via an underground access. I.e., tunnels.

So, a coal company buys the minerals rights for some large area, sinks a
shaft on its own property, and sends out tunnels underneath the
properties they bought the mineral rights to.

Second hand info from long ago, but it makes sense.

Bob

if the coal company is strip mining you could be out of luck depending
on how the deed is worded and the state laws. In old days they could go
right through your house and you had no recourse.

John

John April 25th 11 04:46 AM

real estate auction

On 2011-04-25, wrote:
Ignoramus28268 wrote:
Talked to one neighbor. One good news is that it is not a flood
zone. Flood zone ends on the other side of the street.

mark that end of the flood zone with a sign so when it does flood the
water knows not to go beyond the sign. :)

Yes, kind of like prayer.

I added a few links and aerial pictures he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/House-On-River-Dr/

It looks like a nice piece of property, just needs a little TLC

John

John April 25th 11 04:50 AM

real estate auction

wrote:

[...]

It depends on what is written on the deed. The real old ones I have
seen it sort of reads " by any means necessary" some of the later
ones require the property be restored after the mining is done. I
wouldn't worry about it though. You would have more of a problem with
eminent domain taking your property away.

John

azotic[_4_] April 25th 11 04:58 AM

real estate auction

On 2011-04-25, wrote:
Ignoramus28268 wrote:
Talked to one neighbor. One good news is that it is not a flood
zone. Flood zone ends on the other side of the street.

mark that end of the flood zone with a sign so when it does flood the
water knows not to go beyond the sign. :)

Yes, kind of like prayer.

I added a few links and aerial pictures he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/House-On-River-Dr/

Are you going to have a survey done to make shure there
was no enchroachment while the property was unoccupied ?

Best Regards
Tom.

Spehro Pefhany April 25th 11 05:01 AM

real estate auction

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 23:50:35 -0400, the renowned John

wrote:

[...]

http://www.thesouthern.com/news/loca...acf4244f5.html

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Ignoramus28268 April 25th 11 06:18 AM

real estate auction

wrote:

[...]

Yes, mining is very far fetched. Maybe I could buy mining rights to
neighboring properties, just to dig tunnels under neighbors yards and
to annoy them. Actually I have decent neighbors, but it is a fun,
evil idea.

Ignoramus28268 April 25th 11 06:28 AM

real estate auction

Holy ****ing ****!!!!

Gunner Asch[_6_] April 25th 11 09:57 AM

real estate auction

wrote:

[...]

But they will make it all better. Just a storage tank, truck dock for
the tankers and maybe a H2S flare.

Hell..they might even give you gas rights to power your water heater and
stove.

BTW..ever smelled H2S laden gas off the top of an oil well? Rotten
eggs.

Shrug

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is

Larry Jaques[_3_] April 25th 11 02:29 PM

real estate auction

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 20:58:13 -0700, "azotic"

On 2011-04-25, wrote:
Ignoramus28268 wrote:
Talked to one neighbor. One good news is that it is not a flood
zone. Flood zone ends on the other side of the street.

mark that end of the flood zone with a sign so when it does flood the
water knows not to go beyond the sign. :)

Yes, kind of like prayer.

I added a few links and aerial pictures he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/House-On-River-Dr/

Are you going to have a survey done to make shure there
was no enchroachment while the property was unoccupied ?

That's too dadgum expensive, Tom. My neighbors got hammered for
$3,500 to stake out 2.15 acres of rural property last year.

A fiberglass tape would likely work as well for this, though.
Read the footages off the title and measure 'em for verification.

Larry Jaques[_3_] April 25th 11 02:39 PM

real estate auction

wrote:

[...]

Precisely! thud

"Jim Brown, a field supervisor with Mannon Walters, Inc., called it an
"unfortunate situation" when landowners do not own the mineral rights.
Brown said Mannon Walters has a good track record of working with
landowners." Good record, my ass. So far they're battin' 0000.

I sure wouldn't want those guys' karma debt.

Ignoramus14081 April 25th 11 02:44 PM

real estate auction

On 2011-04-25, wrote:
Ignoramus28268 wrote:
Talked to one neighbor. One good news is that it is not a flood
zone. Flood zone ends on the other side of the street.

mark that end of the flood zone with a sign so when it does flood the
water knows not to go beyond the sign. :)

Yes, kind of like prayer.

I added a few links and aerial pictures he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/House-On-River-Dr/

Are you going to have a survey done to make shure there
was no enchroachment while the property was unoccupied ?

That's too dadgum expensive, Tom. My neighbors got hammered for
$3,500 to stake out 2.15 acres of rural property last year.

A fiberglass tape would likely work as well for this, though.
Read the footages off the title and measure 'em for verification.

The yard is fenced, and the fence looks pretty old.

[email protected] April 25th 11 03:23 PM

real estate auction

wrote:

Are you going to have a survey done to make shure there
was no enchroachment while the property was unoccupied ?

Definitely get it checked, even if you only do it tourself with a
tape.

Two houses ago, I bought a vacant block to build my house on. I
could not find the survey pegs on one side, so had it re-surveyed to
site the house properly. On the 20 metre/66 feet wide block the
neighbours fence started 19.2 metres at the front and 19.0 at the
back, he tried to acquire about 3 feet of my land. Excuse was that
he used the survey pegs he "found in place", fence was then moved to
correct place. No rear neighbours to be able to check against their
fence as it is parkland.

Alan

Ignoramus14081 April 25th 11 03:50 PM

real estate auction

wrote:

Are you going to have a survey done to make shure there
was no enchroachment while the property was unoccupied ?

Definitely get it checked, even if you only do it tourself with a
tape.

Two houses ago, I bought a vacant block to build my house on. I
could not find the survey pegs on one side, so had it re-surveyed to
site the house properly. On the 20 metre/66 feet wide block the
neighbours fence started 19.2 metres at the front and 19.0 at the
back, he tried to acquire about 3 feet of my land. Excuse was that
he used the survey pegs he "found in place", fence was then moved to
correct place. No rear neighbours to be able to check against their
fence as it is parkland.

I left a FOIA request with the village to give me an old plat of
survey.

RangersSuck April 25th 11 04:14 PM

real estate auction

On Apr 25, 9:44*am, Ignoramus14081 ignoramus14...@NOSPAM.
14081.invalid wrote:

The yard is fenced, and the fence looks pretty old.

i-

The existing fence is no substitute for a survey. I had a dispute with
a neighbor (a genuine asshole) about our property line. His survey
company came and staked it out and found that the fence, which was
shown on my survey map and the one before mine, going back to the mid
1960s, was two feet on my side of the line.

He got to rent a concrete saw to remove his encroaching driveway. I
got to pay for a permit for the fence which, according to the municpal
building department, had never been permitted. I should have taken
this to the title insurance company, but it didn't seem worth the 40
bucks.

There's more to this story, including the fence contractor who said
that he NEVER works for neighbors (and I can understand why). But the
moral, Iggy, is, Don't rely on a fence that's on a drawing that may or
may not be correct. You'd be better off measuring off the house at a
few points and triangulating with a fiberglass or metal tape.

Even better would be to get some surveying equipment at auction for
pennies on the dollar. I don't know what it takes to get licensed
where you are - I don't think it's a very big deal here in NJ. When
this neighbor crap came up, I called several survey companies, and I
was quoted outrageous prices and a six-week lead time. Nice work if
you can get it.

Larry Jaques[_3_] April 25th 11 04:48 PM

real estate auction

On 2011-04-25, wrote:
Ignoramus28268 wrote:
Talked to one neighbor. One good news is that it is not a flood
zone. Flood zone ends on the other side of the street.

mark that end of the flood zone with a sign so when it does flood the
water knows not to go beyond the sign. :)

Yes, kind of like prayer.

I added a few links and aerial pictures he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/House-On-River-Dr/

Are you going to have a survey done to make shure there
was no enchroachment while the property was unoccupied ?

That's too dadgum expensive, Tom. My neighbors got hammered for
$3,500 to stake out 2.15 acres of rural property last year.

A fiberglass tape would likely work as well for this, though.
Read the footages off the title and measure 'em for verification.

The yard is fenced, and the fence looks pretty old.

Peace of mind costs $10, if you don't already have one.
http://goo.gl/BOxRu
or
http://www.harborfreight.com/1-2-hal...ape-36819.html

Ignoramus14081 April 25th 11 05:39 PM

real estate auction

14081.invalid wrote:

[...]

Scary stuff.

Owners of this specific house, also had a running feud with one of the
neighbors. Not sure what it was about.

I am now awaiting seller approval -- these auctions have to be
approved by the seller. I hop ethat it works out.

I will try to do some survey type thing on the cheap, just to
ascertain stuff.

I submitted a FOIA request to the village and they will mail me a copy
of the old plat of survey.

Ignoramus14081 April 25th 11 05:40 PM

real estate auction

Jon Elson[_3_] April 25th 11 09:09 PM

real estate auction

On 04/25/2011 11:39 AM, Ignoramus14081 wrote:

I submitted a FOIA request to the village and they will mail me a copy
of the old plat of survey.

Geez, where we are (St. Louis county) they have all the assessor's
files online with a nice web interface. Just type in the property
address, and you get a very rough computerized drawing of the house and
property, sales history, plat book info, tax history, and assessment data.

Jon

Stuart Wheaton April 25th 11 10:30 PM

real estate auction

14081.invalid wrote:

[...]

Geez, I ought to go into survey...

I had a 50 x 120 lot surveyed last fall, staked all four corners, and it
only cost me $350, with about 3 days lead time. Poor guys had to survey
half the block to find enough pins too. Glad I had it done, My
replacement garage can be about a foot closer to the line than the old
one was, and every little bit helps.

RS at work April 25th 11 11:18 PM

real estate auction

14081.invalid wrote:
The yard is fenced, and the fence looks pretty old.

i-

The existing fence is no substitute for a survey. I had a dispute with
a neighbor (a genuine asshole) about our property line. His survey
company came and staked it out and found that the fence, which was
shown on my survey map and the one before mine, going back to the mid
1960s, was two feet on my side of the line.

He got to rent a concrete saw to remove his encroaching driveway. I
got to pay for a permit for the fence which, according to the municpal
building department, had never been permitted. I should have taken
this to the title insurance company, but it didn't seem worth the 40
bucks.

Often if an encroachment has existed for several years the person
being encroached upon just looses the property under adverse
possession.

Roger Shoaf