Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-Left Behind

Congressman whines about jobs that will soon be obsolete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=T5GNB-gLgy4

Rather than complaining about the iPad, or saying that it's killing jobs,
why isn't Jackson encouraging more such innovation which creates new jobs? A
techonological rapture has occured and once again
it seems some of our luddite members of congress have been left behind.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"azotic" wrote in message
Congressman whines about jobs that will soon be obsolete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=T5GNB-gLgy4

Rather than complaining about the iPad, or saying that it's killing jobs,
why isn't Jackson encouraging more such innovation which creates new jobs?
A techonological rapture has occured and once again
it seems some of our luddite members of congress have been left behind.

Best Regards
Tom.

Heres the full rant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5X8W...layer_embedded

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-04-22, azotic wrote:

"azotic" wrote in message
Congressman whines about jobs that will soon be obsolete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=T5GNB-gLgy4

Rather than complaining about the iPad, or saying that it's killing jobs,
why isn't Jackson encouraging more such innovation which creates new jobs?
A techonological rapture has occured and once again
it seems some of our luddite members of congress have been left behind.

Best Regards
Tom.

Heres the full rant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5X8W...layer_embedded

Best Regards
Tom.

And the reality is, 80% of people will be left behind, and it is not
the politicians fault. Just a new reality of replacing people with
computers. I think that I will be in that other 20%, but I find it
frightening.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-04-22, azotic wrote:

"azotic" wrote in message
[...]

I don't understand why they are not funding education so people
can keep up with current job markets. Continuing education is the
key to being employed in our times. What is going to happen to
that 80% that are left behind?

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-04-22, azotic wrote:

"azotic" wrote in message
[...]

Well, they are "funding education", of course, but education is not
the full answer. If you take a dumb person and teach him or her to do
arithmetic, that still does not make them better than a computer, at
any given job.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-04-22, azotic wrote:

"azotic" wrote in message
[...]

So the problem you've identified is not that people aren't sufficiently
educated, but rather that most of the good jobs are for people who *are*
educated, and there are enough such jobs available to employ around 20% of
the population.

Is that it? (I'm not disagreeing, just trying to identify what you see as
the problem.)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 08:33:33 -0500, Ignoramus30510

On 2011-04-22, azotic wrote:

I don't understand why they are not funding education so people
can keep up with current job markets. Continuing education is the
key to being employed in our times. What is going to happen to
that 80% that are left behind?

Well, they are "funding education", of course, but education is not
the full answer. If you take a dumb person and teach him or her to do
arithmetic, that still does not make them better than a computer, at
any given job.

Oh, sure, they're funding education. To the tune of $9,666 (federal
average) per student per year for twelve years, and then graduating
some who can't read, write, or think beyond third grade level; who
can't point out the USA on a world globe; who may never have even
heard the term "thinking". Ayieeeeeeeee!

--
Accept the pain, cherish the joys, resolve the regrets;
then can come the best of benedictions -
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

azotic wrote:
I don't understand why they are not funding education so people
can keep up with current job markets. Continuing education is the
key to being employed in our times. What is going to happen to
that 80% that are left behind?

Best Regards
Tom.

They will all vote Democrat and get paid by the taxes
on the other 20% :-)
...lew...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 06:27:49 -0700, "azotic"

m...
On 2011-04-22, azotic wrote:

"azotic" wrote in message
[...]

That's just it, Tom. Those 80% aren't paying attention, aren't
seeking continuing education, and are refusing to learn new things.
For the most part, it's their own fault. And I agree that employers
who teach their employees new tricks will save money by lessening the
turnover. It makes for happier employees, too.

--
Accept the pain, cherish the joys, resolve the regrets;
then can come the best of benedictions -
'If I had my life to live over, I'd do it all the same.'
-- Joan McIntosh
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

That's just it, Tom. Those 80% aren't paying attention, aren't
seeking continuing education, and are refusing to learn new things.
For the most part, it's their own fault. And I agree that employers
who teach their employees new tricks will save money by lessening the
turnover. It makes for happier employees, too.

Way back when, my employer paid for my college education. It ment
going to school on saturdays and twice a week at night.

Do employers still pay for continuing education ?

Its been 35 years since i had to work for a living.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 08:07:19 -0500, Ignoramus30510

On 2011-04-22, azotic wrote:

"azotic" wrote in message
Congressman whines about jobs that will soon be obsolete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=T5GNB-gLgy4

Rather than complaining about the iPad, or saying that it's killing jobs,
why isn't Jackson encouraging more such innovation which creates new jobs?
A techonological rapture has occured and once again
it seems some of our luddite members of congress have been left behind.

Best Regards
Tom.

Heres the full rant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5X8W...layer_embedded

Best Regards
Tom.

And the reality is, 80% of people will be left behind, and it is not
the politicians fault. Just a new reality of replacing people with
computers. I think that I will be in that other 20%, but I find it
frightening.

I wonder if any of the idiot CONgresscritters actually believe any of
the **** they spout.

OH NO! Not yet -another- insufferable Jesse Fookin' Jackson! thud
That ******* (Sr.) had 5 children. God help us...

--
Accept the pain, cherish the joys, resolve the regrets;
then can come the best of benedictions -
'If I had my life to live over, I'd do it all the same.'
-- Joan McIntosh
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

As with his father, his approach to any situation is to
complain.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"azotic" wrote in message
Congressman whines about jobs that will soon be obsolete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=T5GNB-gLgy4

Rather than complaining about the iPad, or saying that it's
killing jobs,
why isn't Jackson encouraging more such innovation which
creates new jobs? A
techonological rapture has occured and once again
it seems some of our luddite members of congress have been
left behind.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
As with his father, his approach to any situation is to
complain.

I guess they haven't figured out a way to extort enough money from Apple.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"azotic" wrote in message
Congressman whines about jobs that will soon be obsolete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=T5GNB-gLgy4

Rather than complaining about the iPad, or saying that it's
killing jobs,
why isn't Jackson encouraging more such innovation which
creates new jobs? A
techonological rapture has occured and once again
it seems some of our luddite members of congress have been
left behind.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That (extortion) may very well be the next step, after the
complaining. You display great wisdom.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"ATP" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote
in message
As with his father, his approach to any situation is to
complain.

I guess they haven't figured out a way to extort enough
money from Apple.

[OT-ish] Left over right, right over left David WE Roberts UK diy 14 October 25th 09 01:46 AM
Left Behind Larry Jaques Metalworking 0 October 28th 08 01:20 AM
Why He Left Me After...? [email protected] Woodworking 12 January 30th 08 08:47 PM
Left Behind jusme Metalworking 15 November 10th 07 05:34 AM
Am I the only one never cut to the Left? Patrick Conroy Woodworking 2 May 3rd 05 07:28 PM