Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wood stove advice

I grew up with a wood stove. I wondered if adding a stove to my house
would help out with my propane cost in the winter. I have als heard
that some of these can heat your hot water. I would love an outdoor
unit but they are out of my proce range. I have a pre fab type
fireplace but no massonary chimnay. WOuld it be possible to mount a
stove flush in this spot? I know I will have to replace my current
chimney pipe with class A chimney. Can I do this from the top, pulling
the old pipe up and out and installing the new that way? Is there a
way to mount a stove in my current openign flush after taking the
insert out and making it look and work right? (AAnd be safe).
Would there be a way to distrubute the heat from the stove to the back
end of the house where the bedrooms are? Maybe installing another
return register in the living room and running the central air unit's
fan? I appreciate any advice and help. Here is a copy of a video of my
current set up.

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvSCJunbavM