Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default old shop photo at flickr (slight metal content)

A new contact of mine at flickr has this fascinating photo of an old
shop, probably pre WW-II and I'm not sure exactly how old, asking the
question "What are they making?"

regular page:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60671280@N07/5556897796/

full size photo:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5267/...767ef9ba_b.jpg

Look at all those belt driven tools, and hats and bowties. And the
task lighting hanging from the ceiling.

Elijah
------
not expecting a definitive answer, but hoping for interesting ideas
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-04-12, Eli the Bearded wrote:
A new contact of mine at flickr has this fascinating photo of an old
shop, probably pre WW-II and I'm not sure exactly how old, asking the
question "What are they making?"

regular page:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60671280@N07/5556897796/

full size photo:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5267/...767ef9ba_b.jpg

Look at all those belt driven tools, and hats and bowties. And the
task lighting hanging from the ceiling.

My guess is that they were making spoked wheels.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 12, 5:14*pm, Eli the Bearded wrote:
A new contact of mine at flickr has this fascinating photo of an old
shop, probably pre WW-II and I'm not sure exactly how old, asking the
question "What are they making?"

regular page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/60671280@N07/5556897796/

full size photo:http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5267/...767ef9ba_b.jpg

Look at all those belt driven tools, and hats and bowties. And the
task lighting hanging from the ceiling.

Elijah
------
not expecting a definitive answer, but hoping for interesting ideas

http://collections.mnhs.org/visualre...uring.%20Metal.

from Minnesota historical society collection, there's lots of them

ignator