Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Some of you may find this interesting

On 4/7/2011 1:42 PM, Hawke wrote:

All well and good, but have you ever heard a liberal advocating this
point of view? Then answer is no, and the reason why is because it's
only the right wingers who make the assertion that the civil war was
not about slavery. It's just another one of the historical facts the
right wing has chosen to rewrite. Another one is that Joe McCarthy
was right. There is a whole list of them. All of it is nonsense and
none of it is supported by facts. But then it's always the
republicans who support positions that are contrary to the facts.
Why this is the case I'm not sure. But up and down the line you find
the right wing believing things that are simply factually incorrect.
No wonder we have so much trouble with them. Facts mean so much less
to them than beliefs, or faith.

Hawke

This is similar to the establishment Left's view of the 2nd
Amendment. It's just another one of the historical facts the left
wing has chosen to rewrite. They claim the 2nd is a collective right,
not an individual right. All of it is nonsense and none of it is
supported by facts. But then it's not always the republicans who support
positions that are contrary to the facts. Why this is the case I'm not
sure. But up and down the line you find the left and right wings
believing things that are simply factually incorrect. No wonder we have
so much trouble with them. Facts mean so much less to them than beliefs,
or faith.

David