Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ah, the flattery

I see there is another Steve B in the group. So, I just changed mine to
SteveB, taking out the space. May help differentiate the two. I'll also
have my sig about heart surgery, which will also help.

Hope it doesn't require too many people to replonk me. Gad, there is one
fellow here who must have 10,000 different identities as a numerical suffix
to his name. Oh, well, it just takes a couple of clicks to block sender.

SteveB

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-02-26, SteveB wrote:
I see there is another Steve B in the group. So, I just changed mine to
SteveB, taking out the space. May help differentiate the two. I'll also
have my sig about heart surgery, which will also help.

Hope it doesn't require too many people to replonk me. Gad, there is one
fellow here who must have 10,000 different identities as a numerical suffix
to his name. Oh, well, it just takes a couple of clicks to block sender.

Actually -- a potential 32768 IDs -- the Process ID on a unix
system is a signed number -- and that is what is being used to set his
name of the moment -- as a spam-blocking approach, not really to get
around killfiling.

You can easily cover them all (if you want to) with just the
letter part of his username followed by a '*' or ".*" depending on how
the killfile on your newsreader works.

But if you think that you are in killfiles, would it not have
been more polite to let *him* change the name so he would not suffer
from killfile entries aimed at you?

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

If the other Steve B wishes to engage in coversation, you
may be able to settle out of court.

I've had others spoof, parody, and sometimes just nasty.
Maturity and manners may be lacking in some usenet groups.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus