Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Prayer does NOT help (with heart disease) was Mary and Mayo

On 2/21/2011 4:07 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
wrote in message
On Feb 21, 2:53 pm, wrote:
On 2/18/2011 8:52 AM, Steve B wrote:

"David R. wrote

My problem with Pascal's gamble is that you don't just have to believe in
god to be saved, you have to believe in the right one.

I've always wondered ........... what if we get up to the Pearly Gates, and
the only True and Correct Religion (to steal a phrase) is the one who
worships cows? And we get an extra 100,000 years of fire and torture for
every cheeseburger and medium rare rib eye we ate .........................

Scary. I think I'm going to lie down now ................

Steve

This kind of magical thinking is what bothers me about the "believers".
Being it's the 21st century, we all now know that the "pearly gates" are
not in heaven, as was thought for thousands of years. Heaven was thought
to be in the heavens, meaning up above us, in the sky. Man always
thought god was above us in the sky, or heavens. We know that is not
true now. We know what is above us is space. I have not heard any
Christian say that god lives somewhere in outer space. Have you? So
where does he live?

Since the traditional home of god, heaven, is now known not to be in the
heavens, then where is it? How have Christians dealt with the facts
which have proven that heaven is not above us, which they all believed
for centuries? Simple. They still believe in heaven, in the pearly
gates, in all the stories told them from the Bible, even when facts
arise that prove they're not true. So there is no heaven in the heavens.
Well, where is it then? Easy. We don't know. We still believe it's
somewhere, and we still call it heaven, and we know it's not in the sky
or in outer space. But it must be somewhere else. That somewhere else
has to be some place that we don't know exists either, but at least it
keeps that story going. That is magical thinking. I just don't know how
anyone can take people who engage in it seriously in any way. Those
people are simply not credible and it doesn't matter whether they're
Christians or Muslims there's no difference between them. They still
think like children.

Hawke

Are you not smart enough to realize that if someone has faith in God,
that none of your arguments are going to make any difference.
It does work both ways, arguments that there is a God are not going to
convince anyone without faith.

And as far as knowing that Heaven is not in space, there is no way to
know. The Hubble Telescope can only see a small amount of space. We
have no way of knowing everything that is in space.

Learn to think just a little. Remarks like " we know it's not in the
sky
or in outer space." just make you look stupid.

Dan
************

Some people can't comprehend that there might be things that they can't comprehend.
To a small mind, if it doesn't fit into their mind, it can't exist. It's like me
saying: "I can't see Quarks therefore they don't exist. That's called
"ignoarrogance"....fits Bird-poop-boy to a Tee!

Unfortunately, I'm well aware there are plenty of things I am not aware
of and don't know exist when they really do. But unlike some people
around here I rely on reason. Reasoning says that we don't find god or
spirits on earth and we are not finding them in space either. So to
think they are there when there is no evidence of them is to think
irrationally. It doesn't mean they aren't there but it does mean that
since we have no evidence of them then we act as if they aren't there,
and when we find evidence of them we change our thinking. So how do you
think rationally or not?

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Feb 21, 2:53 pm, wrote:
[...]

For you, there IS no God. But you have your gods...pray to them, worship them, do
their bidding.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/22/2011 3:27 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:

[...]

You seem to have a lot of difficulty with the idea of non-believing.

Hawke

Prayer does NOT help (with heart disease) was Mary and Mayo Hawke[_3_] Metalworking 63 March 3rd 11 01:55 AM
Mary and Mayo Stormin Mormon Metalworking 1 February 17th 11 07:10 AM
Mary and Mayo Don Foreman Metalworking 0 February 15th 11 08:13 AM
Mary and Mayo Don Foreman Metalworking 0 February 15th 11 06:46 AM