Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is it? Set 376

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
George W Frost wrote:
"Rob H." wrote in message

2167. This is a lock for an old telephone dial, a photo of one locked
onto a
dial can be seen here, although it should be attached to the first
hole,
not the last."

Rob,
here in OZ, we had the telephone dial and the lock was put in the last
hole "0", for that way, anyone could use the phone for local calls, but
for interstate calls, the number would be preceded with the "0", thus
no
interstate calls could be made on the boss's time and telephone, and as
we all know, the interstate calls cost an arm and a leg as they were
connected manually by a telephonist.

How does putting it in the 0 hole stop someone from dialing 0? A finger
could not be put into the hole but it seems that you could still grasp
the lock and rotate the dial all the way to the stop.

Ha, got it in one
But you do know that we do things different here in OZ

When you flush the toilet, the swirl goes clockwise, right? ;-)

Thanks!
Rich

I wouldn't have a clue, whatever is dispersed out of my rear end doesn't get
a look-in when I flush
Not interested in **** subjects

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

George W Frost wrote:

[...]