Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Your first pet's name must be greater than 6 characters

I was setting up an answer to a "secret question" on a certain
website. "What is your first pet's name", it asked.

I typed the answer. The website refused my answer, because "the name
must be greater than 6 characters".

I guess I should have named my first pet differently.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus20463 wrote:

I was setting up an answer to a "secret question" on a certain
website. "What is your first pet's name", it asked.

I typed the answer. The website refused my answer, because "the name
must be greater than 6 characters".

I guess I should have named my first pet differently.

Use his/her _full_ name, i.e. its first name and your last name; it is
a member of the family, right? :-)

If it won't accept a blank space, either use an underscore ('_') or just
concatenate them.

Or, you could just make something up but be sure to remember it!

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rich Grise richg example.net.invalid wrote:

Ignoramus20463 wrote:

I was setting up an answer to a "secret question" on a certain
website. "What is your first pet's name", it asked.

I typed the answer. The website refused my answer, because "the
name must be greater than 6 characters".

I guess I should have named my first pet differently.

Funny.

Use his/her _full_ name, i.e. its first name and your last name;
it is a member of the family, right? :-)

If it won't accept a blank space, either use an underscore ('_')
or just concatenate them.

Or, you could just make something up but be sure to remember it!

I have them in a file. I paste the website name, make the
password, then copy and paste the password back to the website.

Good luck and have fun.
--

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus20463 wrote:

I was setting up an answer to a "secret question" on a certain
website. "What is your first pet's name", it asked.

I typed the answer. The website refused my answer, because "the
name must be greater than 6 characters".

I guess I should have named my first pet differently.

Funny.

Use his/her _full_ name, i.e. its first name and your last name;
it is a member of the family, right? :-)

If it won't accept a blank space, either use an underscore ('_')
or just concatenate them.

Or, you could just make something up but be sure to remember it!

I have them in a file. I paste the website name, make the
password, then copy and paste the password back to the website.

Good luck and have fun.

Computer security is so full of dumb solutions like this.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus20463 wrote:

I was setting up an answer to a "secret question" on a certain
website. "What is your first pet's name", it asked.

I typed the answer. The website refused my answer, because "the
name must be greater than 6 characters".

I guess I should have named my first pet differently.

Funny.

Use his/her _full_ name, i.e. its first name and your last name;
it is a member of the family, right? :-)

If it won't accept a blank space, either use an underscore ('_')
or just concatenate them.

Or, you could just make something up but be sure to remember it!

I have them in a file. I paste the website name, make the
password, then copy and paste the password back to the website.

Good luck and have fun.

Computer security is so full of dumb solutions like this.

Sorry, I meant not your solution but insisting that an answer to a
question should be more than 6 characters.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus20463" wrote in message
I was setting up an answer to a "secret question" on a certain
website. "What is your first pet's name", it asked.

I typed the answer. The website refused my answer, because "the name
must be greater than 6 characters".

I guess I should have named my first pet differently.

A new employee joins the Company, and is required to have a password setup for his
computer. The boss directed a secretary to setup the password for him. The secretary
asks the man for the password. The man, attempting to embarrass the secretary in order
to show superiority, said, "Penis." Blushed, the secretary inputted the password
Penis, and re-typed it again. Then she hit enter. The whole office heard the secretary
bursting out of laughter's as a reaction from the computer's screen: "Password
rejected. Reason: Too short"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 15, 10:16*pm, Ignoramus20463 ignoramus20...@NOSPAM.

Ignoramus20463 wrote:

[...]

Pretend it's French, like a poodle, and repeat the name; Ivanivan
http://french.about.com/library/vocab/bl-babytalk.htm

Caca d'oie:
http://www.forum-auto.com/uploads/20...low_small2.jpg

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Ignoramus20463" wrote in message
I was setting up an answer to a "secret question" on a certain
website. "What is your first pet's name", it asked.

I typed the answer. The website refused my answer, because "the name
must be greater than 6 characters".

I guess I should have named my first pet differently.

A new employee joins the Company, and is required to have a password setup for his
computer. The boss directed a secretary to setup the password for him. The secretary
asks the man for the password. The man, attempting to embarrass the secretary in order
to show superiority, said, "Penis." Blushed, the secretary inputted the password
Penis, and re-typed it again. Then she hit enter. The whole office heard the secretary
bursting out of laughter's as a reaction from the computer's screen: "Password
rejected. Reason: Too short"

What was your next password? ;-)

Teflon coated.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus20463" wrote in
message ...
I was setting up an answer to a "secret question" on a certain
website. "What is your first pet's name", it asked.

I typed the answer. The website refused my answer, because "the name
must be greater than 6 characters".

I guess I should have named my first pet differently.

A friend, was interested in buying something from a website. Merely to
view prices, he was required to register. Having been advised this
etailer
offered fine bargains, he began the process.

The first request was for his zip code. And his favorite color. Plus
his email. Not that those aren't tired questions a bank might ask.

After having submitted his
invented user name, he was informed it was not long enough. After a
longer second attempt at another handle, he was instructed someone
else had the name. Since it was along the lines of AHemoglypt333, he
doubted that. He tried a more nonsensical longer name and that was
rejected.

Having more inititiative, perhaps, than sense, he conducted multiple
experiments and discovered a user name could not be longer than
12 characters but had to exceed 6. Maybe this was an ordeal to
test his worthiness to be a customer.

Then he tried to submit a password. Instead of noting in advance that
only alphanumeric characters were acceptable, the site joyful informed
him of this afterward. At that point, he refreshed the page and typed
in
a user name that would be a more meaningful alphabetical version of
*!!#+\%%!!!
and a password roughly correspondent to that and his anger. The
interface
then responded: "Profanities detected, please avoid offensive words".
I don't think he did.

There is a great term in Swedish for some low-level, contact
functionary
that assumes their job is a chance to show just what they can make
you do.
"Pope at the counter" would be a fair translation.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 19:10:07 -0600, Ignoramus20463
wrote:

I was setting up an answer to a "secret question" on a certain
website. "What is your first pet's name", it asked.

I typed the answer. The website refused my answer, because "the name
must be greater than 6 characters".

I guess I should have named my first pet differently.

There is a computer site where my password is "dip****computer". Have
no problem remembering it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus20463" wrote in message
I was setting up an answer to a "secret question" on a certain
website. "What is your first pet's name", it asked.

I typed the answer. The website refused my answer, because "the name
must be greater than 6 characters".

I guess I should have named my first pet differently.

I feel somewhat inadequate when they have six questions to choose from, and
I don't really have a solid answer to any that I can give.........

sigh ....................

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Tom Gardner wrote:

[...]

I stopped using "Penis" when software said it was weak I use chemical formulas,
there are millions of them, they're easy to remember and they are a good mix of
letters, caps and numbers.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:
"Ignoramus20463" wrote in message
I was setting up an answer to a "secret question" on a certain
website. "What is your first pet's name", it asked.

I typed the answer. The website refused my answer, because "the name
must be greater than 6 characters".

I guess I should have named my first pet differently.

I feel somewhat inadequate when they have six questions to choose from,
and I don't really have a solid answer to any that I can give.........

sigh ....................

Well, just make something up! Just be sure you can remember it! They
won't know if your mother's maiden name isn't, say, P0ughk!ps33 or
whatever.

Don't you people have any imagination?

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 15, 8:10*pm, Ignoramus20463 ignoramus20...@NOSPAM.
20463.invalid wrote:
I was setting up an answer to a "secret question" on a certain
website. "What is your first pet's name", it asked.

I typed the answer. The website refused my answer, because "the name
must be greater than 6 characters".

I guess I should have named my first pet differently.

One of my pet peeves occurs when one logs off a website and it asks
you if you really want to do that. It makes sense if one has entered
in a lot of data and has not completed some task. But asking if one
really wants to log off when there is minimum effort to log back in is
a PITA.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 19:10:07 -0600, the renowned Ignoramus20463
wrote:

I was setting up an answer to a "secret question" on a certain
website. "What is your first pet's name", it asked.

I typed the answer. The website refused my answer, because "the name
must be greater than 6 characters".

I guess I should have named my first pet differently.

I've seen that too (I think with 7 characters).. it's not only
stupid, but really not very secure. If you do a search of common dog
names equal to or longer than 8 characters there are very few.. eg.
Princess might be a pretty good guess.

http://www.petbabynames.com/populardognames.php

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 16, 1:08*am, "Tom Gardner" wrote:
I stopped using "Penis" when software said it was weak * I use chemical formulas,
there are millions of them, they're easy to remember and they are a good mix of
letters, caps and numbers.

Good idea, thanks. I recently had "Kwashiorkor" and "Schistosomiasis"
rejected as too common so no more tropical diseases.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:
I stopped using "Penis" when software said it was weak I use chemical formulas,
there are millions of them, they're easy to remember and they are a good mix of
letters, caps and numbers.

C5H22O11 The only simple one I can remember. Of
course there are more in-organic ones that I could
do or generate if required. :-)
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 16, 8:38*am, Lewis Hartswick wrote:
Tom Gardner wrote:
I stopped using "Penis" when software said it was weak * I use chemical formulas,
there are millions of them, they're easy to remember and they are a good mix of
letters, caps and numbers.

C5H22O11 *The only simple one I can remember. Of
course there are more in-organic ones that I could
do or generate if required. :-)
* * ...lew...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarin

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 21:16:03 -0600, Ignoramus20463

Ignoramus20463 wrote:

[...]

I got annoyed with this recently when I logged into my retirement
account and found I had to supply the answers to a bunch of these
questions to continue. While I understand the point of the exercise,
it seemed whoever composed the questions did not. In order for the
system to work as intended, the answers need to be not only personal,
but unambiguous. Questions like "who was your best friend in high
school?" and "what's you favorite restaurant?" seem pretty useless to
me. In the end, I had to write down 1 or 2 answers, which shouldn't be
necessary if the questions have easily remembered, unambiguous

Ned Simmons

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus20463 wrote:

[...]

I store all my passwords, and those inane secret answers, in a file. I
keep this file encrypted at all times.

The secret questions are, usually, very bad.

Like asking "What is your favorite movie" or "what is your favorite
store". One day my favorite movie is one thing, next day it is
something else. And, say, favorite store, should it be (not the real
answer I actually give) Wal-Mart, walmart, Walmart, or wal mart?

As research shows, most answers to secret questions (like high school
or year of birth) can be dug out on social websites like facebook.

And those same websites with inane secret questions, then, turn around
and store your passwords in plain text, have dumb programmers and SQL
injection bugs, and so on.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-02-16, Steve B wrote:
"Ignoramus20463" wrote in message
I was setting up an answer to a "secret question" on a certain
website. "What is your first pet's name", it asked.

I typed the answer. The website refused my answer, because "the name
must be greater than 6 characters".

I guess I should have named my first pet differently.

I feel somewhat inadequate when they have six questions to choose from,
and I don't really have a solid answer to any that I can give.........

Same thing here.

For heaven's sakes, folks! Make something up!

Did you know that (at least on Linux) you can embed blanks, question
marks, and asterisks in a password?

I wonder what would happen if you entered, say, 'p@$$w0rd'? Would they
say it's too easy to sniff?

Good Luck!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus895 wrote:

I store all my passwords, and those inane secret answers, in a file. I
keep this file encrypted at all times.

Then, of course, you forget the password to the encrypted file. :-

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Feb 16, 1:08 am, "Tom wrote:
I stopped using "Penis" when software said it was weak I use chemical formulas,
there are millions of them, they're easy to remember and they are a good mix of
letters, caps and numbers.

Good idea, thanks. I recently had "Kwashiorkor" and "Schistosomiasis"
rejected as too common so no more tropical diseases.

My first experience with Yahoo was fun.

I didn't know my boss was screwing with me over
our intranet when my choice of increasingly complex
login names all failed as having 'already been taken'.

He finally gave up when I selected:
YouCannotPossiblyHaveThoughtOfThisBefore

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus20463 wrote:

[...]

I keep all my passwords in an unencrypted excel file. But I use an
algorithm/cipher that allows me to generate a complete password from
just a couple characters. For the passwords where I don't worry about
security, like manufacturers' sites where you need to register to
download data, I use a couple simple login names and passwords. For
those that need to be secure I only record the seed characters and
generate the password on the fly, and use a unique password for each
site.

The secret questions are, usually, very bad.

Yeah, but there's usually at least one choice that's usable. What
annoyed me about the case I brought up was that there were no
reasonable choices for one of the questions. On top of that, when I
tried to send my opinion of the new "feature" to the site
administrator, the message page wouldn't work. g

Like asking "What is your favorite movie" or "what is your favorite
store". One day my favorite movie is one thing, next day it is
something else. And, say, favorite store, should it be (not the real
answer I actually give) Wal-Mart, walmart, Walmart, or wal mart?

Exactly.

As research shows, most answers to secret questions (like high school
or year of birth) can be dug out on social websites like facebook.

I've wondered about that, but some questions seem pretty safe, and at
the same time unambiguous. For example, I think you'd have a very
hard time tracking down the name of the school where I attended first
grade.

And those same websites with inane secret questions, then, turn around
and store your passwords in plain text, have dumb programmers and SQL
injection bugs, and so on.

Ned Simmons

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus895 wrote:

Like asking "What is your favorite movie"

"Adventures in Babysitting." Or maybe "The Butterfly Effect."

or "what is your favorite
store".

The one that has the best prices. ;-D

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 17:54:46 -0800, Rich Grise
wrote:

Ignoramus895 wrote:

Like asking "What is your favorite movie"

"Adventures in Babysitting."

OUTSTANDING movie. (I'm still in lust with Ms. Shue.)

My favorite movies are action/adventures and usually include one or
more of these actors: Stallone, Schwartzenegger, Willis, Lundgren,
VanDamme, Reeves, Cage, Wayne, Crowe, Yeoh, Fat, Li, Lee, Gibson,
Jolie, Rock, Banderas, McConaughey, Ford, Lambert, Jovovich, Statham,
Owen, Wahlberg, Cruise, etc.

or "what is your favorite
store".

The one that has the best prices. ;-D

Best value, not price. Far too often, the lowest price is nowhere
near the best value.

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from the
effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 14:09:16 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Feb 16, 1:08 am, "Tom wrote:
I stopped using "Penis" when software said it was weak I use chemical formulas,
there are millions of them, they're easy to remember and they are a good mix of
letters, caps and numbers.

Good idea, thanks. I recently had "Kwashiorkor" and "Schistosomiasis"
rejected as too common so no more tropical diseases.

My first experience with Yahoo was fun.

I didn't know my boss was screwing with me over
our intranet when my choice of increasingly complex
login names all failed as having 'already been taken'.

He finally gave up when I selected:
YouCannotPossiblyHaveThoughtOfThisBefore

--Winston

Mary says there was a time when she thought her kids were named
Damnitannie and Daviddont.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Feb 16, 1:08 am, "Tom wrote:
I stopped using "Penis" when software said it was weak I use chemical formulas,
there are millions of them, they're easy to remember and they are a good mix of
letters, caps and numbers.

Good idea, thanks. I recently had "Kwashiorkor" and "Schistosomiasis"
rejected as too common so no more tropical diseases.

My first experience with Yahoo was fun.

I didn't know my boss was screwing with me over
our intranet when my choice of increasingly complex
login names all failed as having 'already been taken'.

He finally gave up when I selected:
YouCannotPossiblyHaveThoughtOfThisBefore

--Winston

Mary says there was a time when she thought her kids were named
Damnitannie and Daviddont.

We were 'almost related' then, Don.
I dated a woman named 'DamnitJanet' many years ago.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus895 wrote:

Like asking "What is your favorite movie"

"Adventures in Babysitting."

OUTSTANDING movie. (I'm still in lust with Ms. Shue.)

She played the girlfriend in one of the "Back to the Future" series,
I think #two.

This movie was so awesome that I went twice because I felt like whoever
made it deserved another five bucks!

My favorite movies are action/adventures and usually include one or
more of these actors:
Stallone,

Ewww!

Schwartzenegger,

Yeah, he can be pretty entertaining. There was a cute thing in, lessee,
it was either "Twins" or "Last Action Hero," where he sees a Stallone
poster, looks at his own bicep, and chuckles derisively. Last Action Hero
was pretty kewl when he spoofed himself. ;-)

Too bad he turned out to be such a sucky governator. :[

Willis,

Meh.

Lundgren,

Ho hum. I have a story about him - my GF and I were in the popcorn
line for some ordinary movie, and she spotted Dolph's pecs on a poster,
and said, "Hey, why don't we go to that one?" I said, "OK, if you want
to." She kind of reacted like she expected me to erupt in jealousy or
something, and I said, "Well, yeah - you'll be looking at Dolphs big
rippling pecs, and get all hot and wet, so who are you going to take
it out on?" ;-)

VanDamme,

Blech!

Reeves,

Dead.

Cage,

I've never seen a bad Nicolas Cage movie. I think he's magickal or
something - ever seen "Raising Arizona?"

Wayne,

Dead, and a one-note act.

Crowe, Yeoh, Fat, Li, Lee, Gibson,

I don't even know who any of these people are. Well, Mel Gibson
was OK as Mad Max, but that's the only thing I've seen him in.

Jolie, Rock, Banderas, McConaughey, Ford, Lambert, Jovovich, Statham,
Owen, Wahlberg, Cruise, etc.

Well, Milla Jovovich has really adorable little itty bitty titties. Oh,
yeah, wasn't that another one with Willis?

I don't know who any of the rest of them are. Oh - Tom Cruise is a
raving lunatic.

or "what is your favorite
store".

The one that has the best prices. ;-D

Best value, not price. Far too often, the lowest price is nowhere
near the best value.

OK, touche. You're right on that one. But I've never gone wrong buying
a five dollar Belkin keyboard. :-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus20463 wrote:

I was setting up an answer to a "secret question" on a certain
website. "What is your first pet's name", it asked.

I typed the answer. The website refused my answer, because "the name
must be greater than 6 characters".

I guess I should have named my first pet differently.

I haven't ran into that one yet. What I have run into is my isp uses a .cc as part of its
name. I've had web pages tell me that I don't have a valid email address.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.cc

Wes
--

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus20463 wrote:
I was setting up an answer to a "secret question" on a certain
website. "What is your first pet's name", it asked.

I typed the answer. The website refused my answer, because "the name
must be greater than 6 characters".

I guess I should have named my first pet differently.

Just make the first letter s, the last letter t and as many o's as
needed in the middle, or start and end with p (with as many o's as
necessary.
The whole exercise is futile as security as these long passwords with
numbers letters upper case lower etc means that people write them down
which defeats the purpose.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus895 wrote:
Like asking "What is your favorite movie"
"Adventures in Babysitting."

OUTSTANDING movie. (I'm still in lust with Ms. Shue.)

She played the girlfriend in one of the "Back to the Future" series,
I think #two.

This movie was so awesome that I went twice because I felt like whoever
made it deserved another five bucks!

Yeah, he can be pretty entertaining. There was a cute thing in, lessee,
it was either "Twins" or "Last Action Hero," where he sees a Stallone
poster, looks at his own bicep, and chuckles derisively. Last Action Hero
was pretty kewl when he spoofed himself. ;-)

Miss Shue has grown up.
So have the roles she plays.

You might want to see "Leaving Las Vegas"

Shue and Cage.

But be warned ahead of time.
It ain't "Adventures in Baby Sitting"!

--

Richard Lamb
email me:

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

F Murtz wrote:
Ignoramus20463 wrote:
I was setting up an answer to a "secret question" on a certain
website. "What is your first pet's name", it asked.

I typed the answer. The website refused my answer, because "the name
must be greater than 6 characters".

I guess I should have named my first pet differently.

Just make the first letter s, the last letter t and as many o's as
needed in the middle

OOPS I meant sh, as many I's as necessary ending in t.

, or start and end with p (with as many o's as
necessary.
The whole exercise is futile as security as these long passwords with
numbers letters upper case lower etc means that people write them down
which defeats the purpose.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 23:27:26 +1100, F Murtz
wrote:

Ignoramus20463 wrote:
I was setting up an answer to a "secret question" on a certain
website. "What is your first pet's name", it asked.

I typed the answer. The website refused my answer, because "the name
must be greater than 6 characters".

I guess I should have named my first pet differently.

Just make the first letter s, the last letter t and as many o's as
needed in the middle, or start and end with p (with as many o's as
necessary.

Won't work in many cases-- they reject more than n repeated
characters.

The whole exercise is futile as security as these long passwords with
numbers letters upper case lower etc means that people write them down
which defeats the purpose.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

[...]

I just open Wordpad and randomly type a dozen or more characters,
then delete anything that isn't allowed. I save the file, then copy and
past it into the boxes.

Teflon coated.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:

"Ignoramus20463" wrote in message
I was setting up an answer to a "secret question" on a certain
website. "What is your first pet's name", it asked.

I typed the answer. The website refused my answer, because "the name
must be greater than 6 characters".

I guess I should have named my first pet differently.

I feel somewhat inadequate when they have six questions to choose from, and
I don't really have a solid answer to any that I can give.........

That's when you use all nonsense answers. ;-)

I had a checkbook program in the Commodore 64 days. It wouldn't
accept my password one day. I was about ready to delete it and the
records file when I typed '****you' and it opened the program. After I
exported my records I looked at the software and found that it didn't
care what you typed, as long as the password was the right length. ANY
seven characters would let you run the program. The original password
was six characters, and was corrupted by something. That was in the
days before UPS systems were affordable.

Teflon coated.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

20463.invalid wrote:
I was setting up an answer to a "secret question" on a certain
website. "What is your first pet's name", it asked.

I typed the answer. The website refused my answer, because "the name
must be greater than 6 characters".

I guess I should have named my first pet differently.

One of my pet peeves occurs when one logs off a website and it asks
you if you really want to do that. It makes sense if one has entered
in a lot of data and has not completed some task. But asking if one
really wants to log off when there is minimum effort to log back in is
a PITA.

Some websites are too easy to log out of, because of poor page
layout.

Teflon coated.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus895 wrote:

Like asking "What is your favorite movie"

"Adventures in Babysitting."

OUTSTANDING movie. (I'm still in lust with Ms. Shue.)

She played the girlfriend in one of the "Back to the Future" series,
I think #two.

This movie was so awesome that I went twice because I felt like whoever
made it deserved another five bucks!

My favorite movies are action/adventures and usually include one or
more of these actors:
Stallone,

Ewww!

Not a Rambo fan, eh? He played a decent hitman paired with Stone.

Schwartzenegger,

Yeah, he can be pretty entertaining. There was a cute thing in, lessee,
it was either "Twins" or "Last Action Hero," where he sees a Stallone
poster, looks at his own bicep, and chuckles derisively. Last Action Hero
was pretty kewl when he spoofed himself. ;-)

Too bad he turned out to be such a sucky governator. :[

Willis,

Meh.

You have no taste, sir. Everything he's done (without babies or
sitcom) has been excellent.

Lundgren,

Ho hum. I have a story about him - my GF and I were in the popcorn
line for some ordinary movie, and she spotted Dolph's pecs on a poster,
and said, "Hey, why don't we go to that one?" I said, "OK, if you want
to." She kind of reacted like she expected me to erupt in jealousy or
something, and I said, "Well, yeah - you'll be looking at Dolphs big
rippling pecs, and get all hot and wet, so who are you going to take
it out on?" ;-)

VanDamme,

Blech!

Reeves,

Dead.

No, no, no. Keanu, man. "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" started
it, and he went up from there. (by necessity)

Cage,

I've never seen a bad Nicolas Cage movie. I think he's magickal or
something - ever seen "Raising Arizona?"

Ho hum. "8 MM" was his worst.

Wayne,

Dead, and a one-note act.

Yeah, but what a note!

Crowe, Yeoh, Fat, Li, Lee, Gibson,

Russel Crowe "Gladiator", "Master and Commander", .

Sean Bean "Sharpe" series of a dozen good BBC movies, 006 in "Golden
Eye".

Michelle Yeoh is the BABE from "Crouching Tiger".

Jet Li (fastest hands and feet on Earth since Bruce Lee died) "The
One", "Contract Killer", "War", "Kiss of the Dragon", and many others.
Bruce Lee needs no intro. RIP

Chow Yun Fat "The Replacement Killers", "Anna and the King", and
"Crouching Tiger".

I don't even know who any of these people are. Well, Mel Gibson
was OK as Mad Max, but that's the only thing I've seen him in.

He was good in "Ransom" but he was freaking _outstanding_ in
"The Patriot".

Jolie, Rock, Banderas, McConaughey, Ford, Lambert, Jovovich, Statham,
Owen, Wahlberg, Cruise, etc.

Well, Milla Jovovich has really adorable little itty bitty titties. Oh,
yeah, wasn't that another one with Willis?

Ayup, and "Fifth Element".

I don't know who any of the rest of them are. Oh - Tom Cruise is a
raving lunatic.

Yeah, but forget politics and religion. He was fabulous in "The Last
Samurai", not to mention all the Mission Impossible remakes.

or "what is your favorite
store".

The one that has the best prices. ;-D

Best value, not price. Far too often, the lowest price is nowhere
near the best value.

OK, touche. You're right on that one. But I've never gone wrong buying
a five dollar Belkin keyboard. :-)

Where? Besides Logitech Trackman Portable balls, keyboards are the
things I eat most. I'd love to find cheap replacements.

--
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy
simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 02:02:03 -0800, Rich Grise

Crowe, Yeoh, Fat, Li, Lee, Gibson,

Russel Crowe "Gladiator", "Master and Commander", .

Heh - reminds me of James Arness (or was it Peter Graves) in "Airplane"
asking the kid, "Do you like gladiator movies?" ;-)

Cheers!
Rich