Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Terminology question

I need a bearing that has a SQUARE "hole". I have heard these are used on
disc harrows. It is to be used to stabilize a piece of 2" hitchstock that
is about 12' tall. The center bore has to be 2" square. What do I Google
or ask for at a farm supply house? Thought I'd shop ahead on Google before
going to the local farm supply house.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
Download the book.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:
I need a bearing that has a SQUARE "hole". I have heard these are used on
disc harrows. It is to be used to stabilize a piece of 2" hitchstock that
is about 12' tall. The center bore has to be 2" square. What do I Google
or ask for at a farm supply house? Thought I'd shop ahead on Google before
going to the local farm supply house.

Steve

Why wouldn't you make a 'round to square' adapter
with your lathe and welder?
That way, bearings are 'way cheaper.

http://www.metalsdepot.com/

T1212250 A500 Steel Structural Square Tube
2-1/2 X 2-1/2 X 1/4 wall

Clean up ID with files,
Press into ID of pipe,
Weld and turn pipe OD to
press fit with bearing ID.

--Winston ---Sell hundreds on eBay. Make a lot of money.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 5, 10:48*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I need a bearing that has a SQUARE "hole". *I have heard these are used on
disc harrows. *It is to be used to stabilize a piece of 2" hitchstock that
is about 12' tall. *The center bore has to be 2" square. *What do I Google
or ask for at a farm supply house? *Thought I'd shop ahead on Google before
going to the local farm supply house.

Steve

http://www.baileynet.com/index.php?i...tegory=1000013
1-1/2" max

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 19:48:35 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

I need a bearing that has a SQUARE "hole". I have heard these are used on
disc harrows. It is to be used to stabilize a piece of 2" hitchstock that
is about 12' tall. The center bore has to be 2" square. What do I Google
or ask for at a farm supply house? Thought I'd shop ahead on Google before
going to the local farm supply house.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
Download the book.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Try http://www.warf.com/electronic-products-5806.html ( 400 TB = US$
13.33 :-) -)

or
http://www.thebigbearingstore.com/se...ore/Categories

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--
Doubt 'til thou canst doubt no more...doubt is thought and thought
is life. Systems which end doubt are devices for drugging thought.