DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tap wrench (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/316729-tap-wrench.html)

[email protected] January 8th 11 07:52 AM

Tap wrench

In my unending quest for crocus cloth, I ended up in another older
hardware store today. This one I don't get to frequently since it's
off my normal routes, but I thought I'd give it a try. No luck on
crocus, but found this:
http://www.productsengineering.com/g...pwrenches.html

PEC is an old tool brand, have some thread checkers and such with
their name on it I inherited. Seems like decently made stuff.
Anyway, a somewhat different approach to a mundane item, thought folks
would like to see it. Only thing I'd like to see with this is one
with a ratchet handle. Have several Stanleys with ratchets, very
handy on car work.

Stan

Denis G.[_2_] January 8th 11 03:21 PM

Tap wrench

On Jan 8, 1:52*am, wrote:
In my unending quest for crocus cloth, I ended up in another older
hardware store today. *This one I don't get to frequently since it's
off my normal routes, but I thought I'd give it a try. *No luck on
crocus, but found this:http://www.productsengineering.com/g...pwrenches.html

PEC is an old tool brand, have some thread checkers and such with
their name on it I inherited. *Seems like decently made stuff.
Anyway, a somewhat different approach to a mundane item, thought folks
would like to see it. *Only thing I'd like to see with this is one
with a ratchet handle. *Have several Stanleys with ratchets, very
handy on car work.

Stan

Maybe there's still a chance for Western Civilization after all... g

Larry Jaques[_3_] January 8th 11 03:23 PM

Tap wrench

On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 23:52:50 -0800 (PST), wrote:

In my unending quest for crocus cloth, I ended up in another older
hardware store today. This one I don't get to frequently since it's
off my normal routes, but I thought I'd give it a try. No luck on
crocus, but found this:
http://www.productsengineering.com/g...pwrenches.html

PEC is an old tool brand, have some thread checkers and such with
their name on it I inherited. Seems like decently made stuff.
Anyway, a somewhat different approach to a mundane item, thought folks
would like to see it. Only thing I'd like to see with this is one
with a ratchet handle. Have several Stanleys with ratchets, very
handy on car work.

Cool tool!

--
If you're looking for the key to the Universe,
I've got some good news and some bad news.

The bad news: There is no key to the Universe.

The good news: It was never locked.
--Swami Beyondananda

Don Foreman January 9th 11 06:31 AM

Tap wrench

On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 23:52:50 -0800 (PST), wrote:

In my unending quest for crocus cloth, I ended up in another older
hardware store today. This one I don't get to frequently since it's
off my normal routes, but I thought I'd give it a try. No luck on
crocus, but found this:
http://www.productsengineering.com/g...pwrenches.html

PEC is an old tool brand, have some thread checkers and such with
their name on it I inherited. Seems like decently made stuff.
Anyway, a somewhat different approach to a mundane item, thought folks
would like to see it. Only thing I'd like to see with this is one
with a ratchet handle. Have several Stanleys with ratchets, very
handy on car work.

Stan

Neat. The Hornady bullet puller is of similar design.