Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Day One: First Promise Broken

The republicans have been in the majority in the House of
Representatives for one day and they've already broken one of their
biggest promises. Specifically, they promised to cut 100 billion from
the budget in the first year. The minute they got in power they reneged
on that promise. This is just the beginning. Now we all get to see how
the republicans promise the world to get in power and deliver only to
the wealthy. Got buyer's remorse yet? They say the Tea Party does.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 15:45:19 -0800, Hawke
wrote:

The republicans have been in the majority in the House of
Representatives for one day and they've already broken one of their
biggest promises. Specifically, they promised to cut 100 billion from
the budget in the first year. The minute they got in power they reneged
on that promise. This is just the beginning. Now we all get to see how
the republicans promise the world to get in power and deliver only to
the wealthy. Got buyer's remorse yet? They say the Tea Party does.

Hawke

At this point I think we can all rejoice in the fact that Pelosi is no
longer Speaker of the House. That's worth trillions!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Specifically, they promised to cut 100 billion from
the budget in the first year.

Since congress passed a continuing resolution, and not a full budget
(like they are supposed to), I'd be partial to letting them take a crack
at the CR. FY 2012 will be the real deal.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message
The republicans have been in the majority in the House of Representatives
for one day and they've already broken one of their biggest promises.
Specifically, they promised to cut 100 billion from the budget in the
first year. The minute they got in power they reneged on that promise.
This is just the beginning. Now we all get to see how the republicans
promise the world to get in power and deliver only to the wealthy. Got
buyer's remorse yet? They say the Tea Party does.

Hawke

Seems like they are using the Democrat method, doesn't it?

RogerN

--
The science to which I pinned my faith is bankrupt. Its counsels, which
should have established the millennium, have led directly to the suicide of

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The republicans have been in the majority in the House of
Representatives for one day and they've already broken one of their
biggest promises. Specifically, they promised to cut 100 billion from
the budget in the first year. The minute they got in power they reneged
on that promise. This is just the beginning. Now we all get to see how
the republicans promise the world to get in power and deliver only to
the wealthy. Got buyer's remorse yet? They say the Tea Party does.

Hawke

Even if they break a promise a day it wouldn't equal the broken
promises of the democrats. Ponder that, boy wonder.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The republicans have been in the majority in the House of
Representatives for one day and they've already broken one of their
biggest promises. Specifically, they promised to cut 100 billion from
the budget in the first year. The minute they got in power they reneged
on that promise. This is just the beginning. Now we all get to see how
the republicans promise the world to get in power and deliver only to
the wealthy. Got buyer's remorse yet? They say the Tea Party does.

Hawke

At this point I think we can all rejoice in the fact that Pelosi is no
longer Speaker of the House. That's worth trillions!

Only in more debt. That's what the republicans are going to do. They are
going to get us further into debt. But you though they would cut
spending. You're a sucker. They're liars. You believe them. Look at
their record. They always spend more than they take in. Oh yeah, but you
believe gummer's stories too, so no wonder you fall for the republican's
lies. They're better liars than gummer is.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/6/2011 4:58 PM, RogerN wrote:
wrote in message
The republicans have been in the majority in the House of Representatives
for one day and they've already broken one of their biggest promises.
Specifically, they promised to cut 100 billion from the budget in the
first year. The minute they got in power they reneged on that promise.
This is just the beginning. Now we all get to see how the republicans
promise the world to get in power and deliver only to the wealthy. Got
buyer's remorse yet? They say the Tea Party does.

Hawke

Seems like they are using the Democrat method, doesn't it?

RogerN

Not quite. Didn't Obama and the Democrats say exactly what they wanted
to do if elected? You know they did. Health care, don't ask don't tell,
economic stimulus, etc. They did exactly what they said unless they were
stopped by the republicans. So they told the truth right from the start.
The republicans have started lying from their first day in power. But
you like it when republicans lie to you. Then you make excuses for them.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The republicans have been in the majority in the House of
Representatives for one day and they've already broken one of their
biggest promises. Specifically, they promised to cut 100 billion from
the budget in the first year. The minute they got in power they reneged
on that promise. This is just the beginning. Now we all get to see how
the republicans promise the world to get in power and deliver only to
the wealthy. Got buyer's remorse yet? They say the Tea Party does.

Hawke

Even if they break a promise a day it wouldn't equal the broken
promises of the democrats. Ponder that, boy wonder.

Don't you worry sonny boy. Those republicans are going to lie to you a
whole lot more than only once a day. It'll be more like everything they
say will be a lie. Except if they say they want to help business.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
[...]

A good health care plan would be fine, not some crap thrown together and
crammed down our throats. As was said, the only thing bi-partisan about
ObamaCare was the opposition to it, at least until the bribes worked anyway.

And I remember you claiming that the public would forget about it come
November 2010, looks like you were wrong then too.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The republicans have been in the majority in the House of
Representatives for one day and they've already broken one of their
biggest promises. Specifically, they promised to cut 100 billion from
the budget in the first year. The minute they got in power they reneged
on that promise. This is just the beginning. Now we all get to see how
the republicans promise the world to get in power and deliver only to
the wealthy. Got buyer's remorse yet? They say the Tea Party does.

Hawke

Even if they break a promise a day it wouldn't equal the broken
promises of the democrats. Ponder that, boy wonder.

Don't you worry sonny boy. Those republicans are going to lie to you a
whole lot more than only once a day. It'll be more like everything they
say will be a lie. Except if they say they want to help business.

Hawke

Who's fault is it that workers wages and benefits got so high that it became
cheaper for companies to manufacturer overseas and ship items here? And
when WW3 comes about how will we handle it not being able to manufacturer
here because manufacturing went overseas? Now all we need is for our
government to take away our guns and we'll be set. But hey, we won't be
able to fight a war anyway because the liberals aborted thousands of our
children. Have you learned to wrap the towel around your head yet?

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Listen to the nonsense you are saying. Do you even think aout what you
are about to say? They have a much better record, and don't lie nearly
as much as the democrats. You just repeat the nonsense you hear other
libtards talking about without stopping to evaluate what you just
heard, before regurgitating.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Boris Kapusta" wrote in message

Listen to the nonsense you are saying. Do you even think aout what you
are about to say? They have a much better record, and don't lie nearly
as much as the democrats. You just repeat the nonsense you hear other
libtards talking about without stopping to evaluate what you just
heard, before regurgitating.

I suggested you plonk the libtard idiot, I think you misunderstood me or you
just like to slap him around.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 6, 6:45*pm, Hawke wrote:
The republicans have been in the majority in the House of
Representatives for one day and they've already broken one of their
biggest promises. Specifically, they promised to cut 100 billion from
the budget in the first year. The minute they got in power they reneged
on that promise. This is just the beginning. Now we all get to see how
the republicans promise the world to get in power and deliver only to
the wealthy. Got buyer's remorse yet? They say the Tea Party does.

Hawke

Anybody who thought they could or would is fairly naive.

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/6/2011 9:10 PM, Boris Kapusta wrote:

Listen to the nonsense you are saying. Do you even think aout what you
are about to say? They have a much better record, and don't lie nearly
as much as the democrats. You just repeat the nonsense you hear other
libtards talking about without stopping to evaluate what you just
heard, before regurgitating.

The republicans lie about the big things. Like they are financially
responsible. Look at their record. They rang up the biggest debts in our
history. Reagan, Bush I, and II, that's where all the debt came from.
Then Bush II gives the country to Obama with a 1.2 trillion dollar debt
and the worst recession ever. At that point Obama had to spend money to
turn things around. Or did you think things would just get better by
doing nothing?

They also lie about being honest, which they aren't. Just keep your eyes
open. I'm going to be pointing out whenever the republicans tell a lie.
It'll be all the time. Here's another one. The republicans said the
Democrats wouldn't let them add amendments to bills and that they
wouldn't do that when in power. The first bill they are putting up is
one to repeal the health care act. Guess what? They aren't allowing any
debate or any amendments by the Democrats. So see, they say one thing
and do the opposite. That's a lie in my book.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 12:07:09 -0800, Hawke
wrote:

The republicans said the
Democrats wouldn't let them add amendments to bills and that they
wouldn't do that when in power. The first bill they are putting up is
one to repeal the health care act. Guess what? They aren't allowing any
debate or any amendments by the Democrats.

And you feel somehow slighted and find it unfair? You lost. the sooner
you get over it the better you'll feel.

As if the democrats were all decended from George Washington and never
told a lie. Payback is a bitch and becomes the minority speaker.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The republicans said the
Democrats wouldn't let them add amendments to bills and that they
wouldn't do that when in power. The first bill they are putting up is
one to repeal the health care act. Guess what? They aren't allowing any
debate or any amendments by the Democrats.

And you feel somehow slighted and find it unfair? You lost. the sooner
you get over it the better you'll feel.

The republicans said one thing when the Democrats were in power and now
they are doing the opposite. To normal people that's called hypocrisy.
To you that's what you call fairness. But don't worry, we'll keep the
republican's lying and hypocrisy in mind when they get the boot in two
years.

As if the democrats were all decended from George Washington and never
told a lie. Payback is a bitch and becomes the minority speaker.

The republicans did all the lying when they were in power. I guess you
forgot. I understand that with your selective memory. Here's a reminder
of their lies. Where's the WMDs?

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The republicans said the
Democrats wouldn't let them add amendments to bills and that they
wouldn't do that when in power. The first bill they are putting up is
one to repeal the health care act. Guess what? They aren't allowing any
debate or any amendments by the Democrats.

And you feel somehow slighted and find it unfair? You lost. the sooner
you get over it the better you'll feel.

As if the democrats were all decended from George Washington and never
told a lie. Payback is a bitch and becomes the minority speaker.

payback, payback. The parties are so busy getting revenge on each other
that the country will die of neglect. Are you better off now, or before
Bush 1? How about Bush 2? you can blame carl rove if you like for
convincing bush 2 that it would be better to divide and rule than to
rule from the center - we can hope that some day all the great dividers
will be dead and we can come together again with a common goal - just
look at the hatred in your rants - how will that make us great? It will
make us like Iraq - lots of bluster, and a miserable population. Is
that what you want?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 21:58:32 -0800, another anonymous poster
wrote:

payback, payback. The parties are so busy getting revenge on each other
that the country will die of neglect.

Cites?

Crystal ball or did you find that in the bottom of your tea cup?

****es you off your ilk lost and lost big didnt it?

Shrug..we have been telling folks for years Democrats arnt worth
****..and then you go and prove it to everybody.

Gunner

--

"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once."
Robert A. Heinlein
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
[...]

Well, what are the republicans offering? So far all they want to do is
repeal the plan that currently adds benefits for millions, and replace
it "someday" with "something" In other words going back to exactly what
we had before, which didn't work, and caused costs to escalate out of
control. They won't present the replacement first, because the truth is
that they don't have anything to offer that will actually hold together
fiscally speaking.

As was said, the only thing bi-partisan about
ObamaCare was the opposition to it, at least until the bribes worked anyway.

Actually, the majority of the people who oppose the health insurance
reform will, when asked, cite something that is not actually in the bill
as their reason for opposition. So if you want to count the
uninformed, and the ones who bought into lies, as the voice of the
people, you are correct. If you actually look at the informed people,
it holds up quite well.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
[...]

Go to Youtube.com and search for "Obama lies". Play the videos, hear Obama
say one thing and do the opposite.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

As was said, the only thing bi-partisan about
ObamaCare was the opposition to it, at least
until the bribes worked anyway.

Actually, the majority of the people who oppose
the health insurance reform will, when asked,
cite something that is not actually in the bill
as their reason for opposition. So if you want
to count the uninformed, and the ones who bought
into lies, as the voice of the people, you are
correct. If you actually look at the informed
people, it holds up quite well.

The government simply does not have the power to
require every
living American to send monthly payments for life
to a
private for-profit company. Simple as that. They
can't do it.
IMO it's the insurance companies that are the
problem. They
are the root cause of medical costs going up. They
sell policies
to everone at every level from low man on the
totem pole to the
ceo of the hospital, health, fire, liability,
malpractice, vehicle,
workmens comp., theft, financial etc. etc. We need
tort reform.
Single payer system paid by wage deductions, you
earn money
you pay in, out of work then no income and no
payment.
That's my opinion....phil k.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Phil Kangas" wrote in message

[...]

Insurance companies have their "In Network" doctors, they get a discount
from these doctors, so the doctors mark up the price.
Years ago I had some abdominal pain that ended up being gall bladder.
One time I went to ER, no insurance, they did an EKG to make sure it wasn't
heart problem, cost $400 without insurance.
Next occurrence same problem, went to ER, no EKG, had insurance, cost $2000.
It appears they charged $1600 more to have to deal with the insurance
companies bull crap, discounts, slow pay, etc.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/9/2011 5:40 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:

As was said, the only thing bi-partisan about
ObamaCare was the opposition to it, at least
until the bribes worked anyway.

Actually, the majority of the people who oppose
the health insurance reform will, when asked,
cite something that is not actually in the bill
as their reason for opposition. So if you want
to count the uninformed, and the ones who bought
into lies, as the voice of the people, you are
correct. If you actually look at the informed
people, it holds up quite well.

The government simply does not have the power to
require every
living American to send monthly payments for life
to a
private for-profit company. Simple as that. They
can't do it.

They are not requiring every living American to do it. There are
exemptions for religious objections, and there are ways to self insure.
Also people who fall into the case of poverty do not have to pay.

IMO it's the insurance companies that are the
problem. They
are the root cause of medical costs going up. They
sell policies
to everone at every level from low man on the
totem pole to the
ceo of the hospital, health, fire, liability,
malpractice, vehicle,
workmens comp., theft, financial etc. etc. We need
tort reform.

Do you know how little tort reform would actually contribute? Have you
actually looked at the numbers? It would be a pittance.

Single payer system paid by wage deductions, you
earn money
you pay in, out of work then no income and no
payment.

That system would be nice, but the Republicans won't let it happen. The
current plan is actually a Republican idea. Dole & Gingrich proposed it
as the alternative to Clinton, until they realised they could just kill
the Clinton reform and leave us stuck for another 20 years.

That's my opinion....phil k.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
The republicans have been in the majority in the House of
Representatives for one day and they've already broken one of their
biggest promises. Specifically, they promised to cut 100 billion from
the budget in the first year. The minute they got in power they reneged
on that promise. This is just the beginning. Now we all get to see how
the republicans promise the world to get in power and deliver only to
the wealthy. Got buyer's remorse yet? They say the Tea Party does.

Hawke

Even if they break a promise a day it wouldn't equal the broken
promises of the democrats. Ponder that, boy wonder.

Even if?

They just did,

Conservatives always were slow to catch on.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

*wrote:

[...]

Anyone is a better liar than Gummer.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 9, 6:46*pm, Stuart Wheaton wrote:
[...]

That's my opinion....phil k.- Hide quoted text -

....while they enjoy public health care compliments of the American
public.

Hypocrites.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
The republicans have been in the majority in the House of
Representatives for one day and they've already broken one of their
biggest promises. Specifically, they promised to cut 100 billion from
the budget in the first year. The minute they got in power they reneged
on that promise. This is just the beginning. Now we all get to see how
the republicans promise the world to get in power and deliver only to
the wealthy. Got buyer's remorse yet? They say the Tea Party does.

Hawke

Even if they break a promise a day it wouldn't equal the broken
promises of the democrats. Ponder that, boy wonder.

Even if?

They just did,

Conservatives always were slow to catch on.

TMT

They didn't break any today, so their average is way lower than that
of the libtards.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stuart Wheaton" wrote in
message
[...]

The gov't cannot require even _one_ living
American to do it!
Simple as that........nothing more need be
said......case dismissed.
phil

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/10/2011 12:03 AM, Phil Kangas wrote:
"Stuart wrote in
message
[...]

Actually Phil, there is no requirement to buy insurance, if you choose
not to buy, you pay a penalty.

So let us look at it from another direction, the government has
instituted a new tax to provide coverage for uninsured persons. All
Americans are subject to this tax, but it is like the rest of the tax
code in that it is a progressive tax, and the poorest people get a
subsidy against their tax payment, even to the point where the poorest
owe no tax at all. Anybody else can actually avoid paying a tax
completely by buying a suitable coverage from a private company.

Can you name any other tax where the government lets you get out of it
by giving your money to a private company instead?

This tax, requires people to take responsibility for them selves and
lets conservatives privatize the system to their hearts delight, plus,
it prevents people from going uninsured and thus becoming a burden on
the government when they suffer an injury or disease. It is pro-private
business, anti-welfare, privatization. Everything the conservatives love.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stuart Wheaton wrote:

[...]

According to some wording in the bill, disabled Veterans will either
pay for the insurance or they can lose their benefits. I contacted my
local US Congresman and was told they weren't sure what would be done.

Teflon coated.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stuart Wheaton"

Actually Phil, there is no requirement to buy
insurance, if you choose not to buy, you pay a
penalty.

So let us look at it from another direction, the
government has instituted a new tax to provide
coverage for uninsured persons. All Americans
are subject to this tax, but it is like the rest
of the tax code in that it is a progressive tax,
and the poorest people get a subsidy against
their tax payment, even to the point where the
poorest owe no tax at all. Anybody else can
actually avoid paying a tax completely by buying
a suitable coverage from a private company.

Can you name any other tax where the government
lets you get out of it by giving your money to a
private company instead?

You need to stop using this 'tax' term and say
what you admit it is,
a PENALTY! A penalty for not sending monthly
payments for life
to a private for-profit ins. com.! Money lost if
you lose the policy.
Those who have been paying in for years don't want
to hear that.
We're supposed to join the ponzi scheme with them.
Not. Start
your own savings account and pay yourself. Take
responsibility
for your own life. Ins. is a cult........have some
kool-aid......

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stuart Wheaton wrote:

On 1/10/2011 12:03 AM, Phil Kangas wrote:
your money to a private company instead?

This tax, requires people to take responsibility for them selves and
lets conservatives privatize the system to their hearts delight, plus,
it prevents people from going uninsured and thus becoming a burden on
the government when they suffer an injury or disease. It is pro-private
business, anti-welfare, privatization. Everything the conservatives love.

According to some wording in the bill, disabled Veterans will either
pay for the insurance or they can lose their benefits. I contacted my
local US Congresman and was told they weren't sure what would be done.

Isn't this what the tea party types wanted - getting rid of all those
government entitlements like free care for disabled vets, education for
children, and so on? Why are you complaining, it's what you
specifically asked for. Now you have it. Deal with it and shut up.