Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What a day.........

Up early. A truck and trailer of "stuff" to a local swap meet site. Sit
there all day, dealing with the clueless, the nice people, Joe Average.

Load up, and come home 13 hours later. I'm whooped.

But, $1,097 later, I guess it was worth it to blow out some garage and shop
space. Crap that I would have thrown away was just exactly what someone was
looking for. Didn't hit my $100 an hour standard, but close enough. I'm
going to give this yard sale storage unit thing a closer look.

Go figger.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:
Up early. A truck and trailer of "stuff" to a local swap meet site. Sit
there all day, dealing with the clueless, the nice people, Joe Average.

Load up, and come home 13 hours later. I'm whooped.

Good job!

The only thing like that around here are flea markets, full of
Chinese venders selling Chinese household junk. All the
people cleaning out their garage stopped renting a booth
for the weekend.

What part of the country are you in? I'm in the South.

technomaNge
--
Due to anticipated high turnout in 2010's election,
the Electorial College has scheduled:

Nov. 1, 2010 All Independents vote.
Nov. 2, 2010 All Republicans vote.
Nov. 3, 2010 All Democrats vote.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 22:44:03 -0500, technomaNge
wrote:

Steve B wrote:
Up early. A truck and trailer of "stuff" to a local swap meet site. Sit
there all day, dealing with the clueless, the nice people, Joe Average.

Load up, and come home 13 hours later. I'm whooped.

Good job!

The only thing like that around here are flea markets, full of
Chinese venders selling Chinese household junk. All the
people cleaning out their garage stopped renting a booth
for the weekend.

What part of the country are you in? I'm in the South.

technomaNge

The meets worth going to around here are once a year special purpose
swap meets. There's several for cars. "The Kid" just went to the
snowmobile one. He buys broke units and resells running units for his
sideline income. He took a trailer of parts that didn't sell on eBay.
Sold 3K worth and used the $ to buy a one year old sled that wouldn't
start that day. Same sled is on sale at the dealer for 7.5K. He'll
take 5.

karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Steve B wrote:
Up early. A truck and trailer of "stuff" to a local swap meet site. Sit
there all day, dealing with the clueless, the nice people, Joe Average.

Load up, and come home 13 hours later. I'm whooped.

Good job!

The only thing like that around here are flea markets, full of
Chinese venders selling Chinese household junk. All the
people cleaning out their garage stopped renting a booth
for the weekend.

What part of the country are you in? I'm in the South.

technomaNge

SWMBO insisted on a trip to Shipshewanna this summer - how many "Slap
Chops" would you like to look at in half a day? I did spend about $5
on peg board hooks.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada