Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Propane valve question

On 9/23/2010 2:49 PM, Steve B wrote:
Will the connector from a home propane grill line hook up to and work on a
propane fuel tank for a forklift? Or do I need to get an adapter if there
is such a thing.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

I would guess no.. Home propane grill line feeds off of the gas of the
liquid propane, whereas forklifts feeds off the liquid.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Is not the propane bottle about the same - one being higher quality -
but lies on its side thus delivering liquid while the Grill and Furnace (in my
case) we stand the bottles up and take it off the top.

If you want a high flow propane bottle - ask for a commercial bottle.
Or get a 4' tall one - about 3 bottle size - I call it 30 gallons but then
most don't here. I use that in both brazing with a large oxygen bottle
and by itself as a source of heat in my furnace.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/