Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 87,000

On 9/13/2010 2:29 PM, Hawke wrote:

It's not that hard, dude. When you say things that are nearly exact
quotes from the right wing talking heads it's not too hard to figure out
where you're getting your information. So I don't have to be there to
know where you get your information. Besides, right wingers hate what
they call the liberal media. They don't listen to it, watch it, or read
it. They listen to Foxnews, right wing radio, and right wing leaders. So
when you say what they say we know where you heard it.

Hawke

You're right, it's not hard at all. When you say things that are nearly
exact quotes from the left wing talking heads it's not too hard to
figure out where you're getting your information. So I don't have to be
there to know where you get your information. Besides, left wingers hate
what they call the conservative media. They don't listen to it, watch
it, or read it. They listen to MSM, left wing radio, and left wing
leaders. So when you say what they say we know where you heard it.

And the difference is...?

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/13/2010 5:20 PM, David R. Birch wrote:
[...]

Simple, I get my information from many different sources. The only thing
I get from cable TV is the news. You know, like the weather, sports,
current events, disasters etc. I don't get any information from strictly
left wing sources. I don't even know what you call left wing sources.
There are no left wing radio shows either. I got my information about
political issues from personal experience, books, experts, and
education. You do not get exact quotes from me that I got from left wing
sources. I give my own opinions not the opinions of media people.

That's not what I hear from right wingers. I do hear the right wing
talkers like Michael Savage, Hannity, Beck, Lars Larsen, and I sometimes
see Foxnews shows so I know what they are saying. Then I hear you Bozos
say exactly what those folks say, word for word. You just repeat what
you have heard and seen. I don't repeat the words of others. I give my
own. So there is a big difference. It's like the difference between a
self taught doctor and one that has a medical degree.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/14/2010 1:00 AM, Hawke wrote:
[...]

So you say there is no difference, as I suspected.

That's not what I hear from right wingers. I do hear the right wing
talkers like Michael Savage, Hannity, Beck, Lars Larsen, and I sometimes
see Foxnews shows so I know what they are saying. Then I hear you Bozos
say exactly what those folks say, word for word. You just repeat what
you have heard and seen. I don't repeat the words of others. I give my
own. So there is a big difference. It's like the difference between a
self taught doctor and one that has a medical degree.

I don't know who your bozos are, but my sources are much the same as
yours. Maybe the difference between us is that I have seen both sides
lying so I view both with skepticism.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/14/2010 2:59 PM, David R. Birch wrote:
[...]

I've seen both sides lie too, plenty. I'm probably a lot older than you
so I've seen bad behavior on both sides in the past. But what I'm saying
about most of the people on the right wing in this group is true. You
hear them repeating the views of the right wing media types and leaders
as if it was a tape recording. Most of them do not really have the
knowledge or the education on the issues so they take the easy course
and just listen to others and repeat what they say. I don't know if that
applies to you but it does to most of them.

I am not a left wing ideologue and there are plenty of things I disagree
with them on too. I'm an independent and have voted for people in both
parties over the years. But because I do know the facts I know when
people are lying. You may not agree but I hear almost nothing but lies
coming from republicans. They lied like crazy when Bush was in office
and they are doing it right now. If you can't tell that then you aren't
very perceptive. One thing is for sure though, when the Democrats tell
lies I oppose them the same as I do the republicans. It's just that the
republicans seem to lie about just about everything these days.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/15/2010 12:44 AM, Hawke wrote:

I don't know who your bozos are, but my sources are much the same as
yours. Maybe the difference between us is that I have seen both sides
lying so I view both with skepticism.

David

I've seen both sides lie too, plenty. I'm probably a lot older than you
so I've seen bad behavior on both sides in the past. But what I'm saying
about most of the people on the right wing in this group is true. You
hear them repeating the views of the right wing media types and leaders
as if it was a tape recording. Most of them do not really have the
knowledge or the education on the issues so they take the easy course
and just listen to others and repeat what they say. I don't know if that
applies to you but it does to most of them.

So you're saying the right is just like the left again, since this is
equally true on both sides of the aisle.

I am not a left wing ideologue and there are plenty of things I disagree
with them on too. I'm an independent and have voted for people in both
parties over the years. But because I do know the facts I know when
people are lying. You may not agree but I hear almost nothing but lies
coming from republicans. They lied like crazy when Bush was in office
and they are doing it right now. If you can't tell that then you aren't
very perceptive. One thing is for sure though, when the Democrats tell
lies I oppose them the same as I do the republicans. It's just that the
republicans seem to lie about just about everything these days.

Yes, just like Democrats. And...?

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/15/2010 5:45 PM, David R. Birch wrote:
[...]

Sorry but it's not all the same. Everything isn't equivalent. The
republicans are lying all the time. But they want something. They want
the power back so they're willing to say anything to get back in power.
Just about anyone is that situation is likely to tell lies. The
Democrats have the power and are trying to advance their agenda. You
know what they want. They don't need to lie about it when they say they
want to raise the taxes on the top 2%. They aren't lying when they say
they want to help union members. It's across the board for the
republicans. They're going to tell any lies just to get power again. I
guess you can't see that. That's your shortcoming.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/17/2010 11:51 PM, Hawke wrote:
[...]

Everything isn't equivalent. The Democrats are lying all the time. But
they want something. They want the power so they're willing to say
anything to stay in power. Just about anyone is that situation is likely
to tell lies. The Democrats have the power and are trying to advance
their agenda. You know what they want. They're going to tell any lies
just keep power. I guess you can't see that there is no significant
difference between the Dems and Reps. That's your shortcoming.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/18/2010 3:35 AM, David R. Birch wrote:
[...]

And your problem is that you are in denial. The fact is there is a big
difference between republicans and Democrats. All you have to do is look
at the country when Bill Clinton was in charge of it and look at it when
Bush was in charge. I see major differences. If you can't then you are
blind. Democrats have a fundamentally different philosophy of how to
govern than the republicans do. Things are quite different when one or
the other is in charge. For example, had Al Gore not been cheated out of
the White House and he was president I'm sure there never would have
been an invasion of Iraq. Now if you don't think things like that are
big then it's no wonder you think both parties are the same. If they are
so similar then why are the right wingers and the tea party freaks so
upset that Democrats are running things? If there is no difference then
it will be the same if republicans get the majority. I guarantee it
won't be the same if they do.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/19/2010 12:26 AM, Hawke wrote:
[...]

Differences in what they say, yes, in what they do, not so much.

Democrats have a fundamentally different philosophy of how to
govern than the republicans do. Things are quite different when one or
the other is in charge.

Yes, under the Dems, the rich and powerful get what they want, while
under the Reps, the rich and powerful get what they want.

For example, had Al Gore not been cheated out of
the White House and he was president I'm sure there never would have
been an invasion of Iraq.

Yeah, too bad about SCOTUS requiring Florida to follow Florida election
laws.

Yes, Saddam would probably have been more successful than Nasser in
setting up a Pan-Islamic state, since he really didn't care much about
that Shiite/Sunni thing and he didn't have to move his WMDs to Syria.

Now if you don't think things like that are
big then it's no wonder you think both parties are the same. If they are
so similar then why are the right wingers and the tea party freaks so
upset that Democrats are running things? If there is no difference then
it will be the same if republicans get the majority. I guarantee it
won't be the same if they do.

But it won't be much different, those who make large contributions to
both parties will still get what they want and allow the parties to
squabble about lesser issues.

David