Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default This is the high desert where I live.

I think it is true most everywhere there is share the cost laws.

Some counties are poor around here having little or no businesses that
hire anyone but themselves. A lot of Indian tribal lands that are mostly
just there. Those counties are subsidized with other funds and are marginal.

State and Federal highways are improved as less local money is used to match.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 9/10/2010 4:28 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 13:20:01 -0700, "Bob La wrote:

When traveling the hiways and biways inside of California..I can often
tell where one county or even a city starts, by the sudden change in the
condition of the roads.

Gunner