Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-Patents

Old patent numbers can get you in deep dodo.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe Joe is offline

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 06:02:49 -0700, "azotic"
wrote:

Old patent numbers can get you in deep dodo.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj

Best Regards
Tom.

So, who gets the money in the lawsuits? If it's just the lawyers who
found the "offending" products, then they are doing a really great
public service - right? NOT. That's just ambulance chasing without
even having to chase ambulances, and without anyone getting hurt
(until after the suit). (Insert your favorite diatribe against lawyers
here - I prefer Shakespeare's comment.)

I can agree that a manufacturer has no right to mark a product with a
false patent number, but if they actually were awarded a patent for an
invention, why not let them crow about it; even after the protection
has expired, the patent they were awarded continues to exist. I know
that, because I've looked up patents from the 19th century to see how
the old scientific devices in my collection were "superior" to their
competition. Usually some small detail that seems rather trivial.

Joe
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Old patent numbers can get you in deep dodo.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj

So, the ****ing lawyers have found yet another way to subtract flavor
from, suck money out of, and otherwise ruin everyday living? What's
new?

Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?

--
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy
simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Old patent numbers can get you in deep dodo.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj

Best Regards
Tom.

I'd love to meet that bow tie offended attorney at a high class party,
probably start out with "Boy are you a ****ing dick!" Anybody that
half ass knows anything about patents would know that anything
somewhere below 5.5 million is history.

Well, thanks Tom, I learned something. I was gonna leave it on my
devices when the time comes just to show it is the original, guess
that is a bad idea.

Sounds like a law to protect extremely stupid people that go around
looking for other people's products to copy cause they can't think of
their own and want compensation cause they could have copied one that
had an expired patent number if they had only done their homework, so
they want the law to enforce the issue so they don't have to do any
homework.

I'd love to read the precedent. If we could only get the congress
critters (good name Gunner) to get bad laws off the books.

I mean really... Patent attorney resorts to suing old patented
products cause all his other peers sued all the manufactures out of
business or over seas and now no one is around to hire him and his
daddy paid all that money for school and his life style is fading.

Sickening

SW

PS , that's not a bad idea. Someone should get an appointment for a
new widget that has obviously been done before and watch him take the
money anyhow and then proceed to stick a pencil down their thoat and
puke all over him and his desk.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Old patent numbers can get you in deep dodo.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj

So, the ****ing lawyers have found yet another way to subtract flavor
from, suck money out of, and otherwise ruin everyday living? What's
new?

Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?

Gee, a patent number. Look it up, see that is old (expired), laugh, make your copy.

Or, make a fugging bloodsucking lawyer rich at societies expense.

I've met good lawyers but I fear this profession doesn't follow the 80/20, or 90/10 rule
of good guys to arse portals.

Wes