Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Miller Big 40 on trailer

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 02:54:26 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Sun, 08 Aug 2010 20:48:44 -0700

That's not the problem. Do this in my state and the price always comes
up way higher. I've been watching for a lathe for six months. Seen
tons o' deals out on the left coast. Nothing near home. Not to fear,
as soon as I buy a high price one, there will be a bunch of deals come
up nearby.

Karl

Karl...figure out how much you are willing to spend on a machine.

Then figure out how much shipping from say..California will cost you.

Tain't the initial expense, but the "shipping & Handling."

I'm looking fro a couple hundred yards of fill dirt. Found a good
price (free) - but the trucking, that costs. Due to the distance .. a
hundred twenty bucks a load, and I need 10 loads ... nope. "doesn't
pencil out."

The odds are slim, but it worked for me. We live down near Olympia
and when the county road crews pull the ditches, they end up having to
haul a *lot* of nice clean fill to somewhere. The closer, the better.
It was dumb luck that I found out they were looking for a good place
to dump around our area. Plus the access to where I wanted it is
excellent.

Over the past two decades I've gotten ~750 yards of fill delivered,
free. It might be worth a box of donuts to visit your local county
road maintenence shop.

Newb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Bravo! Excellent source!!

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9