Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Is there any public library of G-codes

I would like to know if there is a website, that is a public
repository of G codes. Say, G-code to make an AK-47 receiver, or some
other common household items or naked woman sculptures like on
youtube. Sort of like CPAN for perl modules.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 08:15:44 -0500, Ignoramus12838
wrote:

I would like to know if there is a website, that is a public
repository of G codes. Say, G-code to make an AK-47 receiver, or some
other common household items or naked woman sculptures like on
youtube. Sort of like CPAN for perl modules.

First of all...you have to determine which of several hundred G-codes
you need.......G-codes that run a Fadal, will not necessarily run a
Makino, and so forth. And the sequence and order they will run on.

OmniTurns will run a ****load of commands on a single line.
"Sometimes."

Others require a line for each command.

And so forth. G-code is a generic name for a particular type of
programming..but its not a graven in stone language like...say...High
Mandarin, or British English (London)

As for libraries...there are a few out there..but for such things as AK
parts...most folks are going to be very very circumscript with access to
them.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Certainly if I develop G code for an AK receiver, I will post it
publicly on my website.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-15, Gunner Asch wrote:

Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.

Well, this is speech, so I cannot see how it could be illegal.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:57:45 -0500, Ignoramus12838

On 2010-07-15, Gunner Asch wrote:

Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.

Well, this is speech, so I cannot see how it could be illegal.

You have to be very, very careful dealing with anything (even
indirectly) to do with arms, nuclear, and space, including documents
in any form- that kind of speech is NOT free.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-15, Gunner Asch wrote:

Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.

Well, this is speech, so I cannot see how it could be illegal.

Oh..its certainly not illegal!

However..manufacture of variations of the AK is seriously frowned on by
certain governmental agencies..including those in your state.

Even though manufacturing one in semi auto, for personal use..is very
very legal visa vis Federal Law.

There are by now...many many thousands of prints for ARs on the net..but
the first guys who posted them..were watched like a hawk for years.
The prints for Stens and whatnot are readily availble all over the
internet, so Im sure many many thousands of smiths, home builders and so
forth would love to have a set of prints for the AK!

Im glad you are willing to be a pioneer!

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.

nah... not even a little. They don't care if you make a receiver, no
matter who you are. They care if you make full-auto weapons. They care a
LOT if you sell it or use it without the appropriate licensing.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

The 3D CAD file would be more useful. The problem with word address
programs (those that use G codes, M codes, etc.) is that about 1/2 of
the codes are common, like G00 and M03, another 1/4 are done
differently on different controls, like radii and drilling cycles, and
the last 1/4 is specific to the control manufacturer. I worked briefly
for Traub before they were bought by Index and the Traub version of
word address was so elegant that I felt I could make the tool do
anything. But... those programs would never run on a Hardinge with a
Fanuc control.

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus12838 wrote:

I would like to know if there is a website, that is a public
repository of G codes. Say, G-code to make an AK-47 receiver, or some
other common household items or naked woman sculptures like on
youtube. Sort of like CPAN for perl modules.

Google "AK 47 receiver flats" and you will find kits that sell a flat plate with all the
holes in them. Then you have to bend and weld/rivet.

You could reverse engineer a flat. If you find a drawing with dimensions of a flat,
please post a link.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 18:27:02 -0400, Wes
wrote:

Ignoramus12838 wrote:

I would like to know if there is a website, that is a public
repository of G codes. Say, G-code to make an AK-47 receiver, or some
other common household items or naked woman sculptures like on
youtube. Sort of like CPAN for perl modules.

Google "AK 47 receiver flats" and you will find kits that sell a flat plate with all the
holes in them. Then you have to bend and weld/rivet.

You could reverse engineer a flat. If you find a drawing with dimensions of a flat,
please post a link.

Wes

The AKs came in two versions..Milled and sheetmetal. Much like the SKS.

The sheetmetal versions..shrug..work as intended. All one needs is a
finger break and some time.

The milled versions...

http://www.ak-47.us/AK-47Receivers.php

One assumes you can still read Russian?

http://rapidshare.com/files/76776603...sian_.pdf.html

http://talks.guns.ru/

http://www.weaponryonline.com/Downlo...y-ratingA.html

http://www.filecrop.com/Ak47-blueprints.html

http://www.weaponscombat.com/firearm...cad-files.html

http://www.scribd.com/doc/24712405/A...iver-Blueprint

As I indicated...there are sources out there that wont get you looked at
in your state......

Gunner

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ignoramus12838 wrote:

[...]

this is a depot level repair manual. Very handy to have.

http://talks.guns.ru/

http://www.weaponryonline.com/Downlo...y-ratingA.html

the links do not work

http://www.filecrop.com/Ak47-blueprints.html

this looks extremely promising

http://www.weaponscombat.com/firearm...cad-files.html

http://www.scribd.com/doc/24712405/A...iver-Blueprint

This is great. thanks

As I indicated...there are sources out there that wont get you looked at
in your state......

Gunner

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ignoramus12838 wrote:

[...]

Za vashe zdarovie

And yes..I know what I just said.....

Gunner

As I indicated...there are sources out there that wont get you looked at
in your state......

Gunner

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

As I indicated...there are sources out there that wont get you looked at
in your state......

Just curious, "the kid" and i were looking at ar10 and 15 lowers. We said,
we can make that. the only hard part is the magazine pocket and we own a
wire EDM to burn that out. Surely, others have seen this and acted, any big
deal? Are the drawings already out there? That would be the biggest job.

karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:19:31 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

As I indicated...there are sources out there that wont get you looked at
in your state......

Just curious, "the kid" and i were looking at ar10 and 15 lowers. We said,
we can make that. the only hard part is the magazine pocket and we own a
wire EDM to burn that out. Surely, others have seen this and acted, any big
deal? Are the drawings already out there? That would be the biggest job.

karl

The prints are everywhere.
As are the instructions...

http://www.tele.com/articles/build-ar15.html
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

Now for those who only have a mill and a lathe....
and live in a state like California where AR-s are basically
banned....There is a website out there somewhere where a guy machined
from scratch..blocks of 6061=T6 and built an AR lower from scratch. It
appeared to be quite easy to do as well.

In california..there are several ******* requirements when one tries to
owns an AR..the biggest hurdle is its pistol grip

or the detachable magazine..

Hence I dont own any ARs Ill admit to.

M1As...Mini14s and so forth..they are ok. But my favorite
toy..STG58..FN-FAL..is also banned in California

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-16, Gunner Asch wrote:
The prints are everywhere.
As are the instructions...

http://www.tele.com/articles/build-ar15.html
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

Now for those who only have a mill and a lathe....
and live in a state like California where AR-s are basically
banned....There is a website out there somewhere where a guy machined
from scratch..blocks of 6061=T6 and built an AR lower from scratch. It
appeared to be quite easy to do as well.

In california..there are several ******* requirements when one tries to
owns an AR..the biggest hurdle is its pistol grip

But if you make your own rifle, you can call it GA-15 or whatever you
like, right?

or the detachable magazine..

Hence I dont own any ARs Ill admit to.

M1As...Mini14s and so forth..they are ok. But my favorite
toy..STG58..FN-FAL..is also banned in California

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-16, Bob La Londe wrote:
Maybe this will help.

http://www.cncguns.com/

Wow, this is just outright awesome.

"Ignoramus12838" wrote in message
I would like to know if there is a website, that is a public
repository of G codes. Say, G-code to make an AK-47 receiver, or some
other common household items or naked woman sculptures like on
youtube. Sort of like CPAN for perl modules.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-16, Bob La Londe wrote:
Maybe this will help.

http://www.cncguns.com/

Wow, this is just outright awesome.

I've been threatening to make a few 15 and 10 uppers, all my shop guys want
one. But, I only have one Bridgeport and it's stuffed with "Real" work.
Starting from a billet or an 80% is only a time difference. The biggest
thing that keeps giving me pause is I have no real use for one that my
Mini-14s can't do.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-16, Bob La Londe wrote:
Maybe this will help.

http://www.cncguns.com/

Wow, this is just outright awesome.

I've been threatening to make a few 15 and 10 uppers, all my shop guys want
one. But, I only have one Bridgeport and it's stuffed with "Real" work.
Starting from a billet or an 80% is only a time difference. The biggest
thing that keeps giving me pause is I have no real use for one that my
Mini-14s can't do.

I also agree with the crowd of people who say that you cannot make
them as accurate as quality factory rifles (not a factor for
AKs). There is a lot of tricks for top notch, sub-MOA accuracy, beyond
just running some clever G code.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-16, Bob La Londe wrote:
Maybe this will help.

http://www.cncguns.com/

Wow, this is just outright awesome.

I've been threatening to make a few 15 and 10 uppers, all my shop guys want
one. But, I only have one Bridgeport and it's stuffed with "Real" work.
Starting from a billet or an 80% is only a time difference. The biggest
thing that keeps giving me pause is I have no real use for one that my
Mini-14s can't do.

The thing that a decent AR can do that the Mini 14 cant do..is shoot a
group smaller than 3-5" at 100 meters. Or bigger.

Ive got a rare Mini-14..one that will shoot 5 in a 2" group at 100

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-16, Bob La Londe wrote:
Maybe this will help.

http://www.cncguns.com/

Wow, this is just outright awesome.

I've been threatening to make a few 15 and 10 uppers, all my shop guys
want
one. But, I only have one Bridgeport and it's stuffed with "Real" work.
Starting from a billet or an 80% is only a time difference. The biggest
thing that keeps giving me pause is I have no real use for one that my
Mini-14s can't do.

The thing that a decent AR can do that the Mini 14 cant do..is shoot a
group smaller than 3-5" at 100 meters. Or bigger.

Ive got a rare Mini-14..one that will shoot 5 in a 2" group at 100

I talked with a couple people and learned something about Mini-14s a few
years ago. You can get a lot better groups than you think... if you take
about 20 minutes between shots (more on a hot day). Now for the guy who
wants to go out to the range and blaze away that's pretty much useless
information. However, for a hunter who got sold a bill of goods and now can't
afford a good rifle that can be very useful information. It only takes one
or two shots to make a kill. Successful kills are usually with the first
shot.

One of the big problems with the Mini is the way its all bound up and
sandwiched together. The barrel gets all twisted out of shape as it heats
up. Rubbing against wood and plastic are part of it, but also how
concentric the bore is to the outside, and even maybe inconsistencies in
heat treating. If you shoot two or three rounds out of it in a minute the
barrel will be start to get hotter and it will start to twist. If you let
it cool for 15 to 20 minutes between shots it will have the same barrel
distortion for every shot.

Now mini's are not tack drivers under the best of conditions, but with some
care and patience you can use them to consistently drop coyotes out to about
150 yards. The round itself will drop them a lot further out, but even
dialed in I wouldn't trust the gun to make consistent center of mass shots
much further out that that and I hate to let an injured animal run away.

I didn't learn any of this stuff about minis until long after I unloaded
mine for not much more than scrap prices, because that's all I thought of
it. I swapped it for a computer hard drive.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-16, Bob La Londe wrote:
Maybe this will help.

http://www.cncguns.com/

Wow, this is just outright awesome.

I've been threatening to make a few 15 and 10 uppers, all my shop guys want
one. *But, I only have one Bridgeport and it's stuffed with "Real" work..
Starting from a billet or an 80% is only a time difference. *The biggest
thing that keeps giving me pause is I have no real use for one that my
Mini-14s can't do.

If they each make them themselves, that's legal, federally. If YOU
make them for them, that's considered manufacturing and incurrs the
$100K fines and 10 years in the fed's crossbar hotel. Plus tax
penalties, 11% Pitmann-Robertson Act tax on commercially manufactured
guns. Uppers are hardly worth messing with, they're NOT the
controlled component. Lowers were always a toss-up, financially,
except for the unpapered aspect. Since dealer's price for a stripped
AR-15 lower is down around $56 now, it's not really worth tooling up.
The buffer tube tap costs at least twice that. They already know
where I live, so the unpapered thing has little attraction. The Minis
I've shot have been order of washtub at 100 yards, the AR makes a
single hole group at that range, the attraction on my side. That and
magazines only cost a third of a Mini's.

As far as AK receiver "G" codes, the current batch is all sheetmetal,
you can bend them up in an HF press and people do. There's a whole
subculture out there making legal semis from imported parts kits.
Flats are available. No G codes needed with sheetmetal.

Stan