DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Is there any public library of G-codes (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/306525-there-any-public-library-g-codes.html)

Ignoramus12838 July 15th 10 02:15 PM

Is there any public library of G-codes

I would like to know if there is a website, that is a public
repository of G codes. Say, G-code to make an AK-47 receiver, or some
other common household items or naked woman sculptures like on
youtube. Sort of like CPAN for perl modules.

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 15th 10 08:50 PM

Is there any public library of G-codes

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 08:15:44 -0500, Ignoramus12838
wrote:

I would like to know if there is a website, that is a public
repository of G codes. Say, G-code to make an AK-47 receiver, or some
other common household items or naked woman sculptures like on
youtube. Sort of like CPAN for perl modules.

First of all...you have to determine which of several hundred G-codes
you need.......G-codes that run a Fadal, will not necessarily run a
Makino, and so forth. And the sequence and order they will run on.

OmniTurns will run a ****load of commands on a single line.
"Sometimes."

Others require a line for each command.

And so forth. G-code is a generic name for a particular type of
programming..but its not a graven in stone language like...say...High
Mandarin, or British English (London)

As for libraries...there are a few out there..but for such things as AK
parts...most folks are going to be very very circumscript with access to
them.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Ignoramus12838 July 15th 10 09:08 PM

wrote:

[...]

Certainly if I develop G code for an AK receiver, I will post it
publicly on my website.

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 15th 10 09:39 PM

Is there any public library of G-codes

wrote:

[...]

Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Ignoramus12838 July 15th 10 09:57 PM

On 2010-07-15, Gunner Asch wrote:

Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.

Well, this is speech, so I cannot see how it could be illegal.

Spehro Pefhany July 15th 10 10:23 PM

Is there any public library of G-codes

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:57:45 -0500, Ignoramus12838

On 2010-07-15, Gunner Asch wrote:

Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.

Well, this is speech, so I cannot see how it could be illegal.

You have to be very, very careful dealing with anything (even
indirectly) to do with arms, nuclear, and space, including documents
in any form- that kind of speech is NOT free.

Ignoramus12838 July 15th 10 10:38 PM

On 2010-07-15, Gunner Asch wrote:

Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.

Well, this is speech, so I cannot see how it could be illegal.

You have to be very, very careful dealing with anything (even
indirectly) to do with arms, nuclear, and space, including documents
in any form- that kind of speech is NOT free.

Well, maybe you can find some specific US law, that disallows posting
G codes for receivers, then I would be open to changing my mind.

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] July 15th 10 10:54 PM

Is there any public library of G-codes

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.

nah... not even a little. They don't care if you make a receiver, no
matter who you are. They care if you make full-auto weapons. They care a
LOT if you sell it or use it without the appropriate licensing.

LLoyd

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 15th 10 10:55 PM

On 2010-07-15, Gunner Asch wrote:

Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.

Well, this is speech, so I cannot see how it could be illegal.

Oh..its certainly not illegal!

However..manufacture of variations of the AK is seriously frowned on by
certain governmental agencies..including those in your state.

Even though manufacturing one in semi auto, for personal use..is very
very legal visa vis Federal Law.

There are by now...many many thousands of prints for ARs on the net..but
the first guys who posted them..were watched like a hawk for years.
The prints for Stens and whatnot are readily availble all over the
internet, so Im sure many many thousands of smiths, home builders and so
forth would love to have a set of prints for the AK!

Im glad you are willing to be a pioneer!

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Wes[_5_] July 15th 10 11:27 PM

Ignoramus12838 wrote:

I would like to know if there is a website, that is a public
repository of G codes. Say, G-code to make an AK-47 receiver, or some
other common household items or naked woman sculptures like on
youtube. Sort of like CPAN for perl modules.

Google "AK 47 receiver flats" and you will find kits that sell a flat plate with all the
holes in them. Then you have to bend and weld/rivet.

You could reverse engineer a flat. If you find a drawing with dimensions of a flat,
please post a link.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 15th 10 11:46 PM

Is there any public library of G-codes

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 18:27:02 -0400, Wes
wrote:

Ignoramus12838 wrote:

I would like to know if there is a website, that is a public
repository of G codes. Say, G-code to make an AK-47 receiver, or some
other common household items or naked woman sculptures like on
youtube. Sort of like CPAN for perl modules.

Google "AK 47 receiver flats" and you will find kits that sell a flat plate with all the
holes in them. Then you have to bend and weld/rivet.

You could reverse engineer a flat. If you find a drawing with dimensions of a flat,
please post a link.

Wes

The AKs came in two versions..Milled and sheetmetal. Much like the SKS.

The sheetmetal versions..shrug..work as intended. All one needs is a
finger break and some time.

The milled versions...

http://www.ak-47.us/AK-47Receivers.php

One assumes you can still read Russian?

http://rapidshare.com/files/76776603...sian_.pdf.html

http://talks.guns.ru/

http://www.weaponryonline.com/Downlo...y-ratingA.html

http://www.filecrop.com/Ak47-blueprints.html

http://www.weaponscombat.com/firearm...cad-files.html

http://www.scribd.com/doc/24712405/A...iver-Blueprint

As I indicated...there are sources out there that wont get you looked at
in your state......

Gunner

Gunner

Gunner Asch

cavelamb July 16th 10 01:22 AM

On 2010-07-15, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.

nah... not even a little. They don't care if you make a receiver, no
matter who you are. They care if you make full-auto weapons. They care a
LOT if you sell it or use it without the appropriate licensing.

correct.

I'm gonna call BS on this one.

If you develop your own code, then it's yours.

Develop your own intellectual property?

--

Richard Lamb

Ignoramus12838 July 16th 10 01:23 AM

wrote:

Ignoramus12838 wrote:

[...]

this is a depot level repair manual. Very handy to have.

http://talks.guns.ru/

http://www.weaponryonline.com/Downlo...y-ratingA.html

the links do not work

http://www.filecrop.com/Ak47-blueprints.html

this looks extremely promising

http://www.weaponscombat.com/firearm...cad-files.html

http://www.scribd.com/doc/24712405/A...iver-Blueprint

This is great. thanks

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] July 16th 10 01:40 AM

Is there any public library of G-codes

cavelamb fired this volley in
m:

I'm gonna call BS on this one.

Which? Your quotation included both stances. Are you saying that it's BS
that ATF would care, or that they would not?

I infer that you mean "BS" against the case that ATF would care.

LLoyd

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 16th 10 01:51 AM

Is there any public library of G-codes

wrote:

Ignoramus12838 wrote:

[...]

Za vashe zdarovie

And yes..I know what I just said.....

Gunner

cavelamb July 16th 10 01:55 AM

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
cavelamb fired this volley in
m:

I'm gonna call BS on this one.

Which? Your quotation included both stances. Are you saying that it's BS
that ATF would care, or that they would not?

I infer that you mean "BS" against the case that ATF would care.

LLoyd

No. It's about who owns the rights to intellectual property...

--

Richard Lamb

Ignoramus12838 July 16th 10 02:22 AM

On 2010-07-15, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.
nah... not even a little. They don't care if you make a receiver, no
matter who you are. They care if you make full-auto weapons. They care a
LOT if you sell it or use it without the appropriate licensing.

correct.

I'm gonna call BS on this one.

If you develop your own code, then it's yours.

Develop your own intellectual property?

Well, yes, the code is mine, but I choose to share it with the
world. I would release the code under the GNU Free Documentation
License.

cavelamb July 16th 10 02:47 AM

On 2010-07-15, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.
nah... not even a little. They don't care if you make a receiver, no
matter who you are. They care if you make full-auto weapons. They care a
LOT if you sell it or use it without the appropriate licensing.
correct.

I'm gonna call BS on this one.

If you develop your own code, then it's yours.

Develop your own intellectual property?

Well, yes, the code is mine, but I choose to share it with the
world. I would release the code under the GNU Free Documentation
License.

Some people seem to think that this would be an actionable action -
because it's for a gun.

But there is no freaking way you can turn out an AK-47 as cheap
or as accurate as those already on the free market.

There is such a HUGE difference between carving out one weapon -
even if it's PERFECT, as opposed to turning out a thousand a day.

Given time to perfect you codes - iterations count - MAYbe.
But production is what matters to ATF.
Not a single hand made (even by G-code) weapon...

Karl Townsend July 16th 10 03:19 AM

Is there any public library of G-codes

As I indicated...there are sources out there that wont get you looked at
in your state......

Just curious, "the kid" and i were looking at ar10 and 15 lowers. We said,
we can make that. the only hard part is the magazine pocket and we own a
wire EDM to burn that out. Surely, others have seen this and acted, any big
deal? Are the drawings already out there? That would be the biggest job.

karl

Spehro Pefhany July 16th 10 03:48 AM

Is there any public library of G-codes

On 2010-07-15, Gunner Asch wrote:

Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.

Well, this is speech, so I cannot see how it could be illegal.

You have to be very, very careful dealing with anything (even
indirectly) to do with arms, nuclear, and space, including documents
in any form- that kind of speech is NOT free.

Well, maybe you can find some specific US law, that disallows posting
G codes for receivers, then I would be open to changing my mind.

Read the ITAR regulations, which are rather broad in scope. Posting is
equivalent to exporting, probably even if the computer system is only
accessible from within the US.

I do not take my work laptop on any overseas flights.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Ignoramus12838 July 16th 10 03:54 AM

On 2010-07-15, Gunner Asch wrote:

Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.

Well, this is speech, so I cannot see how it could be illegal.

You have to be very, very careful dealing with anything (even
indirectly) to do with arms, nuclear, and space, including documents
in any form- that kind of speech is NOT free.

Well, maybe you can find some specific US law, that disallows posting
G codes for receivers, then I would be open to changing my mind.

Read the ITAR regulations, which are rather broad in scope. Posting is
equivalent to exporting, probably even if the computer system is only
accessible from within the US.

I do not take my work laptop on any overseas flights.

Maybe you can read ITAR regulations since you are the one claiming it
to be illegal. AK-47 is not even a US weapons system and its
specifications are a matter of common knowledge. ITAR is obsolete and
products covered by it, such as encryption systems, are publicly
available worldwide.

David R.Birch July 16th 10 03:55 AM

wrote:

[...]

The 3D CAD file would be more useful. The problem with word address
programs (those that use G codes, M codes, etc.) is that about 1/2 of
the codes are common, like G00 and M03, another 1/4 are done
differently on different controls, like radii and drilling cycles, and
the last 1/4 is specific to the control manufacturer. I worked briefly
for Traub before they were bought by Index and the Traub version of
word address was so elegant that I felt I could make the tool do
anything. But... those programs would never run on a Hardinge with a
Fanuc control.

David

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 16th 10 04:53 AM

Is there any public library of G-codes

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 20:47:26 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

But there is no freaking way you can turn out an AK-47 as cheap
or as accurate as those already on the free market.

Hardly true.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Bob La Londe July 16th 10 05:03 AM

Is there any public library of G-codes

Maybe this will help.

http://www.cncguns.com/

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 16th 10 05:14 AM

Is there any public library of G-codes

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:19:31 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

As I indicated...there are sources out there that wont get you looked at
in your state......

Just curious, "the kid" and i were looking at ar10 and 15 lowers. We said,
we can make that. the only hard part is the magazine pocket and we own a
wire EDM to burn that out. Surely, others have seen this and acted, any big
deal? Are the drawings already out there? That would be the biggest job.

karl

The prints are everywhere.
As are the instructions...

http://www.tele.com/articles/build-ar15.html
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

Now for those who only have a mill and a lathe....
and live in a state like California where AR-s are basically
banned....There is a website out there somewhere where a guy machined
from scratch..blocks of 6061=T6 and built an AR lower from scratch. It
appeared to be quite easy to do as well.

In california..there are several ******* requirements when one tries to
owns an AR..the biggest hurdle is its pistol grip

or the detachable magazine..

Hence I dont own any ARs Ill admit to.

M1As...Mini14s and so forth..they are ok. But my favorite
toy..STG58..FN-FAL..is also banned in California

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 16th 10 05:15 AM

Is there any public library of G-codes

On 2010-07-15, Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

But has ITAR been removed?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Ignoramus12838 July 16th 10 05:45 AM

On 2010-07-16, Bob La Londe wrote:
Maybe this will help.

http://www.cncguns.com/

Wow, this is just outright awesome.

Ignoramus12838 July 16th 10 05:46 AM

On 2010-07-16, Gunner Asch wrote:
The prints are everywhere.
As are the instructions...

http://www.tele.com/articles/build-ar15.html
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

Now for those who only have a mill and a lathe....
and live in a state like California where AR-s are basically
banned....There is a website out there somewhere where a guy machined
from scratch..blocks of 6061=T6 and built an AR lower from scratch. It
appeared to be quite easy to do as well.

In california..there are several ******* requirements when one tries to
owns an AR..the biggest hurdle is its pistol grip

But if you make your own rifle, you can call it GA-15 or whatever you
like, right?

cavelamb July 16th 10 06:12 AM

On 2010-07-15, Gunner Asch wrote:
Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.

Well, this is speech, so I cannot see how it could be illegal.

You have to be very, very careful dealing with anything (even
indirectly) to do with arms, nuclear, and space, including documents
in any form- that kind of speech is NOT free.

Well, maybe you can find some specific US law, that disallows posting
G codes for receivers, then I would be open to changing my mind.

Read the ITAR regulations, which are rather broad in scope. Posting is
equivalent to exporting, probably even if the computer system is only
accessible from within the US.

I do not take my work laptop on any overseas flights.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Sounds like China...

--

Richard Lamb

cavelamb July 16th 10 06:15 AM

wrote:

But there is no freaking way you can turn out an AK-47 as cheap
or as accurate as those already on the free market.

Hardly true.

Gunner

No. ABSOLUTEly true.

A hand made thing will ALWAYS be more expensive - man hours, materials for
RETRYS, Trying to get "perfect" parts to fit...

GIMME a break, Guns. YOU know this.

--

Richard Lamb

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 16th 10 07:33 AM

Is there any public library of G-codes

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 23:46:20 -0500, Ignoramus12838

On 2010-07-16, Gunner Asch wrote:
The prints are everywhere.
As are the instructions...

http://www.tele.com/articles/build-ar15.html
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

Now for those who only have a mill and a lathe....
and live in a state like California where AR-s are basically
banned....There is a website out there somewhere where a guy machined
from scratch..blocks of 6061=T6 and built an AR lower from scratch. It
appeared to be quite easy to do as well.

In california..there are several ******* requirements when one tries to
owns an AR..the biggest hurdle is its pistol grip

But if you make your own rifle, you can call it GA-15 or whatever you
like, right?

Kinda sorta. There are some issues with local cops who dont know ****
about the gun laws in California. Most of them in the LA area of course.
The ones around here tend to be shooters anyways and even if they have
doubts..tend to tell you to put it away so they cant ask questions about
it.

"California

The 2000 Assault Weapons ban in the state of California sparked a
renewed interest in the AR-15 rifle. It is estimated that some 400,000
California Legal AR-15s are in existence in that state, with another
100,000 added each year.[19] There are three ways to get a legal AR-15
in California:

1. Registered Assault Weapon: If you owned the rifle before Jan 1,
2000 and registered it with the state, you have a Registered Assault
Weapon (RAW) under CA law. No new registrations are permitted. RAW
rifles can have combinations of features which are prohibited in
unregistered rifles.

2. Fixed Magazine Rifle: This style of rifle is made by combining an
AR-15 upper receiver with an AR-15 lower receiver which has not been
specifically banned by name, and which has a fixed 10-round (maximum)
magazine. In such a configuration, the rifleman could add otherwise
prohibited features such as a telescoping stock and pistol grip. The
magazine is not detachable, so to load the rifle the shooter must either
"top load" or use a magazine lock. To top-load, the shooter pulls the
rear takedown pin, hinges the upper receiver on the front pivot pin, and
loads the now exposed magazine. Several devices are available on the
market which replace the magazine release button with an inset pin that
requires the use of a special tool to activate the magazine release.

3. Featureless Rifle: If a rifle has none of the prohibited features
(pistol grip, telescoping or folding stock, flash hider, grenade/flare
launcher, forward pistol grip), the rifle may be used with legally-owned
large capacity magazines. There are several products available on the
market to configure featureless rifles. Special grips are available
which prevent the thumb from going behind it as would be the case with a
pistol grip configuration. They are therefore not a prohibited
wrap-around style grip. Separate buffer tubes to contain the recoil
spring and buffer assembly may also be used in conjunction with special
stocks without prohibited grips or stock adapters which attach to the
pistol grip mount.

Most AR-15 manufacturers now make lower receivers which qualify as
"Off-List" Lowers (OLL) in the state of CA."

Shooting some of the pistol grip-less rifles can be an utter pain in the
ass.

So most guys build a rifle using the not easily detachable magazine
release and a fixed butt stock.

They also have on hand tucked neatly and invisibly away..the replacement
standard magazine release for when the **** hits the fan and they
actually wont be worried about anyting other than staying alive.

Shrug

Gunner

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 16th 10 08:38 AM

Is there any public library of G-codes

wrote:

But there is no freaking way you can turn out an AK-47 as cheap
or as accurate as those already on the free market.

Hardly true.

Gunner

No. ABSOLUTEly true.

A hand made thing will ALWAYS be more expensive - man hours, materials for
RETRYS, Trying to get "perfect" parts to fit...

GIMME a break, Guns. YOU know this.

Expensive in time yes..but not in cash. And yes..one can build one far
more accurate than an issue one.

IF you know what you are doing and have the tools.

Quite frankly...while the common thought is "time is money"..under many
circumstances...there is no relationship.

If you are unemployed and have absolutely nothing to do..how much money
does 20 hours of labor cost you out in the shop?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Spehro Pefhany July 16th 10 01:09 PM

Is there any public library of G-codes

On 2010-07-15, Gunner Asch wrote:

Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.

Well, this is speech, so I cannot see how it could be illegal.

You have to be very, very careful dealing with anything (even
indirectly) to do with arms, nuclear, and space, including documents
in any form- that kind of speech is NOT free.

Well, maybe you can find some specific US law, that disallows posting
G codes for receivers, then I would be open to changing my mind.

Read the ITAR regulations, which are rather broad in scope. Posting is
equivalent to exporting, probably even if the computer system is only
accessible from within the US.

I do not take my work laptop on any overseas flights.

Maybe you can read ITAR regulations since you are the one claiming it
to be illegal. AK-47 is not even a US weapons system

AFAIUI, ALL firearms are on the US munitions list (under Category 1).

http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/dtrade/d...structions.pdf
http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text...1.13.64.0.32.2

Note that it's not inherently illegal, just illegal to do without
asking (and receiving) permission in advance, like most such things.

and its
specifications are a matter of common knowledge.

Since when did regulations have to make sense?

I agree the personal risk is probably very low in this case, but I
don't think the G-codes are already public domain which is the only
explicit exclusion.

ITAR is obsolete and
products covered by it, such as encryption systems, are publicly
available worldwide.

Well, I agree. It's certainly hurting US manufacturers. We have to
keep even the spec sheets and pinouts for some products under lock and
key and they *do* come and inspect our security, and our stuff is
nothing to do with military products, just really high tech
instrumentation that has to be used in aircraft worldwide. Buy a
similar product from a French or Russian company and the problems go
away. I'm sure they're delighted, the US stuff is generally cheaper
and about as good, so otherwise it would be preferred. In fact if the
European item is imported to the US, the US government may not allow
it leave!

Having gone to seminars etc. I can actually see where they are coming
from-- if data was used to produce items that were then used to kill
civilans, US or NATO soldiers in job lots.. but it's gotten silly.

Despite the silliness, the potential penalties are severe though.. and
it would be foolish to trust government folks with that kind of power
over one, IMHO.

Did you ever subscribe to Foreign Affairs? There was a good article on
ITAR reform late last year:

http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articl...osing-controls

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

pyotr filipivich July 16th 10 05:58 PM

The Law and G-Codes for an AK47 was Is there any public library of G-codes

Ignoramus12838 on Thu, 15 Jul
2010 21:54:47 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

You have to be very, very careful dealing with anything (even
indirectly) to do with arms, nuclear, and space, including documents
in any form- that kind of speech is NOT free.

Well, maybe you can find some specific US law, that disallows posting
G codes for receivers, then I would be open to changing my mind.

Read the ITAR regulations, which are rather broad in scope. Posting is
equivalent to exporting, probably even if the computer system is only
accessible from within the US.

I do not take my work laptop on any overseas flights.

Maybe you can read ITAR regulations since you are the one claiming it
to be illegal. AK-47 is not even a US weapons system and its
specifications are a matter of common knowledge. ITAR is obsolete and
products covered by it, such as encryption systems, are publicly
available worldwide.

A law may be old, it may be out dated (e.G., The Mining Act of
1872), it may even be obsolete - but it is still the law. Just
because the existence of a the AK-47 is nie universal, and kids in the
NW Territories of Pakistan are making them with screwdrivers and nail
files, does not mean that you can legally manufacture one in your own
shop (Unless you are a felon and live in California, in which case the
9th Circuit ruled that the restrictions do not apply - interesting
application of the Interstate Commerce clause.). And just because
encryption systems are available world wide proves 'nothing' - they
were distributed despite and in defiance of the law. (That includes
PGP, et alia.)
You post the G-codes for an AK-47, even one which is a
semi-automatic version, and the BATFE will descend upon you like a
horde of parasites, because they are a dangerous as they are clueless.
And they will arrest you for violation of the act, and it will be up
to you to convince a jury of your peers (if your peers include those
who can't get out of jury duty) that you did, in fact, not violate the
law you violated by posting the G-Codes.

Secondly, what a good government might not do, has no relationship
with what a bad government will do. And bad governments have been
known to attempt to suppress further publication of technologies
mentioned in works of fiction. Barak Obama is correct at least this
once: the easiest thing for a bureaucrat to do is nothing: To forbid.

In this era of reduced revenue, be aware that after the BATFE
raids your shop, they will bring along OSHA, EPA, FAA, PTA, PETA, SEC,
FCC, the Patient Office, NAALCP, MIC KEY MOU SE, CPS, HSS, HUD, the
IRS, and Ralph the Wonder Fink, to make sure you are in compliance
with every law, regulation and interpretation, whim and desire of
government (Or NGO) employees. My advice: keep your passport and
cash stashed off site where you can get at them, assuming you make
bail.

Gluck

pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

pyotr filipivich July 16th 10 06:13 PM

Is there any public library of G-codes

Gunner Asch on Fri, 16 Jul 2010 00:38:07 -0700

GIMME a break, Guns. YOU know this.

Expensive in time yes..but not in cash. And yes..one can build one far
more accurate than an issue one.

IF you know what you are doing and have the tools.

Quite frankly...while the common thought is "time is money"..under many
circumstances...there is no relationship.

Time is money is a constant. You either have a lot of one, or the
other.

If you are unemployed and have absolutely nothing to do..how much money
does 20 hours of labor cost you out in the shop?

Right now, I have the time, but not the money. Worse - no shop,
so I can't turn some of that time into money.

tschus
pyotr

Ignoramus16581 July 16th 10 06:13 PM

On 2010-07-16, pyotr filipivich wrote:
A law may be old, it may be out dated (e.G., The Mining Act of
1872), it may even be obsolete - but it is still the law. Just
because the existence of a the AK-47 is nie universal, and kids in the
NW Territories of Pakistan are making them with screwdrivers and nail
files, does not mean that you can legally manufacture one in your own

It is legal to manufacture any gun that is legal to have in your
state.

I smell bull****.

And they will arrest you for violation of the act, and it will be up
to you to convince a jury of your peers (if your peers include those
who can't get out of jury duty) that you did, in fact, not violate the
law you violated by posting the G-Codes.

I smell even more bull****. I would not even dare to guess out of
where you pulled it.

Check out http://www.cncguns.com/downloads.html, they offer drawings
of many popular gun models.

Secondly, what a good government might not do, has no relationship
with what a bad government will do. And bad governments have been
known to attempt to suppress further publication of technologies
mentioned in works of fiction. Barak Obama is correct at least this
once: the easiest thing for a bureaucrat to do is nothing: To forbid.

In this era of reduced revenue, be aware that after the BATFE
raids your shop, they will bring along OSHA, EPA, FAA, PTA, PETA, SEC,
FCC, the Patient Office, NAALCP, MIC KEY MOU SE, CPS, HSS, HUD, the
IRS, and Ralph the Wonder Fink, to make sure you are in compliance
with every law, regulation and interpretation, whim and desire of
government (Or NGO) employees. My advice: keep your passport and
cash stashed off site where you can get at them, assuming you make
bail.

Time to go back to reality.

Larry Jaques[_2_] July 16th 10 09:53 PM

Is there any public library of G-codes

On 2010-07-15, Gunner Asch wrote:

Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.

Well, this is speech, so I cannot see how it could be illegal.

You have to be very, very careful dealing with anything (even
indirectly) to do with arms, nuclear, and space, including documents
in any form- that kind of speech is NOT free.

Well, maybe you can find some specific US law, that disallows posting
G codes for receivers, then I would be open to changing my mind.

Ask 'em yourself, Ig. www.atf.gov Just ask "Will you arrest me and
send me to prison for the rest of my life if I create and display, to
the public, the G-code for using CNC milling machines to create a
receiver for the AK-47 automatic rifle?" If you use the term "assault
rifle" they'll understand better. I believe they're just a bit down on
those things.

The email would do two things immediately. It would answer your
question and it would put you on the DHS watch list for potential
terrorists living in the USA. If you're lucky, they won't arrest you
for thinking it, but be prepared for a visit and tour of all your
properties by armed men from one alphabet organization or another.

You (we) may have already made the list by A) posting here and/or B)
posting that statement.

--

EXPLETIVE: A balm, usually applied verbally in hindsight,
which somehow eases those pains and indignities following

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 16th 10 10:00 PM

The Law and G-Codes for an AK47 was Is there any public library of G-codes

Very well stated.

Gunner

Gunner Asch