Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New Virtual 'Nam Wall

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 20:28:44 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Someone spent a lot of time on this and it is truly remarkable, take a
look...........................
Someone sent me the link below which is a virtual wall of all those lost
during the Viet Nam war with the names, bio's and other information on
our lost comrades. It is a very interesting link, and those who served
in that timeframe and lost friends or family can look them up on this
site. Pass it on to other veterans who you think would like this.

First click on a state......then when it opens .........a
name.......then it should show you a picture of the person or at least
his bio and medals...... http://www.virtualwall.org/iStates.htm

To absent friends

Gunner

Wow! I found a bud that I've always wondered about. I knew him in the
'60's, he eventually perished in a POW camp in 73.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Someone spent a lot of time on this and it is truly remarkable, take a
look...........................
Someone sent me the link below which is a virtual wall of all those lost
during the Viet Nam war with the names, bio's and other information on
our lost comrades. It is a very interesting link, and those who served
in that timeframe and lost friends or family can look them up on this
site. Pass it on to other veterans who you think would like this.

First click on a state......then when it opens .........a
name.......then it should show you a picture of the person or at least
his bio and medals...... http://www.virtualwall.org/iStates.htm

To absent friends

Gunner

Wow! I found a bud that I've always wondered about. I knew him in the
'60's, he eventually perished in a POW camp in 73.

I spent an hour or so, mentally dredging up names and looking for them.

Found far far too many of them in the listings.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Let's not get maudlin. Some sojers got killed, we didn't.

I learned that Bill Tromp made it to Lt Cmdr, O-4, oak leaf,like a
major in other services. He was a Navy pilot, got shot down.

O-4 in less than 10 years was fast track kickass good.

His wife Gina was hot, oh Son! A copper country babe. Smart, too. I
later ran into her on the campus of EMU in Ypsilanti where she was
persuing a master's degree in whatever. That was when Bill was missing
but there was still hope. Ancient dinosaur mores, ya don't chase a
bud's wife until it's known that bud is dead and beyond caring. I
wasn't sure if Gina was disappointed or relieved by my pass.

Gina was a head-turner beauty, a lovely and intelligent woman.

Then I encountered Mary, was smitten and that was that.

Mar is in hospital tonight. Getting old is not for sissies. Her
sense of humor remains intact.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I dont think its mauldin. In a couple cases..it was relief when I didnt
find a couple names, in others..it was a shrug and a toast (Mt. Dew) to
a good soldier.

Memories dont always have to be mauldin. Seldom are, actually.

I learned that Bill Tromp made it to Lt Cmdr, O-4, oak leaf,like a
major in other services. He was a Navy pilot, got shot down.

O-4 in less than 10 years was fast track kickass good.

His wife Gina was hot, oh Son! A copper country babe. Smart, too. I
later ran into her on the campus of EMU in Ypsilanti where she was
persuing a master's degree in whatever. That was when Bill was missing
but there was still hope. Ancient dinosaur mores, ya don't chase a
bud's wife until it's known that bud is dead and beyond caring. I
wasn't sure if Gina was disappointed or relieved by my pass.

Gina was a head-turner beauty, a lovely and intelligent woman.

Then I encountered Mary, was smitten and that was that.

Mar is in hospital tonight. Getting old is not for sissies. Her
sense of humor remains intact.

Give her my best and Ive just said a prayer for her.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I hope all goes well for her and she's home soon.

Pete Keillor