Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rectifier wiring

On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 22:50:21 -0700, Winston
wrote:

On 7/6/2010 10:26 AM, William Sommerwerck wrote:

(...)

"Giving away" inventions is not necessarily a good thing. The patent system
actually encourages invention by increasing the likelihood an inventor will
profit from his ideas.

I'm sorry to inform you that you are in violation of
my rights to those thoughts.

My lawyer discovered that any practitioner in the
field *could* have easily originated those thoughts
before you did; they are insufficiently
novel.

Additionally, with further work, I believe
we will be able to uncover historical instances
of each of those thoughts occurring as 'prior art'.

You are to cease expression of those thoughts or any
thought that could be considered derivative of them.

Either of those thoughts are now available for license
from me for a single - use fee of US $5.00.

See how this really works?

--Winston

Actually, when I found out a major company had stolen my patented
product and contacted them, I got a flat "so, sue us", followed by
being hung up on. They have bigger lawyers than I, and they knew it
going in. That was an expensive lesson.

Newb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 12:33:52 -0700, Winston
wrote:

On 7/7/2010 11:06 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 22:50:21 -0700,
wrote:

(...)

See how this really works?

--Winston

Actually, when I found out a major company had stolen my patented
product and contacted them, I got a flat "so, sue us", followed by
being hung up on. They have bigger lawyers than I, and they knew it
going in. That was an expensive lesson.

Ouch!

http://www.tinaja.com/glib/casagpat.pdf

--Winston

Exactly!

However, I can not shut off my inventor lobe, nor will they stop me
from life in the prototype lane. I have concluded that the ticket is
to get in and out of production (before being ripped off) to make
enough to cover expenses and perhaps buy a few new tools ; )

The silver lining to this lesson is that if anyone ever accuses me of
never having an original thought, I can prove otherwise.

Newb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 14:57:06 -0700, Winston
wrote:

On 7/7/2010 1:25 PM, wrote:

(...)

However, I can not shut off my inventor lobe, nor will they stop me
from life in the prototype lane. I have concluded that the ticket is
to get in and out of production (before being ripped off) to make
enough to cover expenses and perhaps buy a few new tools ; )

That is a lot of hats to wear.
One must be equally good evolving the idea, producing the product,
publicizing it and handling the business end as well.
The guy that can do all these things equally well is the guy
that does them all equally poorly.

Correct. Having zero expectations makes said mediocrity a happy
place. Actually, I just don't like working with other people, unless
they can read my mind. You know you've got a winner when the design
gets ripped off though.

The silver lining to this lesson is that if anyone ever accuses me of
never having an original thought, I can prove otherwise.

“The world in general doesn't know what to make of originality;
it is startled out of its comfortable habits of thought,
and its first reaction is one of anger.”

I can relate, seems I have the knack of ****ing some folks off.
Perhaps that's related to not working well with other people ; )

William Somerset Maugham

Hey, I *starred* in that play.

--Winston

Say Winston, how do you know so much about this subject ; )

Newb