Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Green Eggs and Obam

From email:

I do not like this Uncle Sam, I do not like his health care scam.
I do not like these dirty crooks, or how they lie and cook the books.
I do not like when Congress steals,
I do not like their secret deals.
I do not like this speaker Nan ,
I do not like this 'YES WE CAN'.
I do not like this spending spree,
I'm smart, I know that nothing's free,
I do not like your smug replies, when I complain about your lies.
I do not like this kind of hope.
I do not like it you BIG Dope.
I do not like it NOPE, NOPE, NOPE!

--
When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves,
it is useless to seek it elsewhere.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-07, cavelamb wrote:
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Oddly enough, 34% of visitors of Fox News voted "Yes" to ban the
flag. 56% voted No.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 21:37:59 -0500, Ignoramus6391

On 2010-07-07, cavelamb wrote:
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Oddly enough, 34% of visitors of Fox News voted "Yes" to ban the
flag. 56% voted No.

"Oddly enough, 34% of visitors to Fox Newsite were liberals wanting to
skew the data because they're illegal alien apologists."

--
It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's
sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-07, cavelamb wrote:
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Oddly enough, 34% of visitors of Fox News voted "Yes" to ban the
flag. 56% voted No.

"Oddly enough, 34% of visitors to Fox Newsite were liberals wanting to
skew the data because they're illegal alien apologists."

Maybe, although the way they asked it:

"Yes. The safety of students comes first."

... would tend to favor a "Yes" answer, and a lot less work than the
first choice, which involves "teach(ing) the kids". It that really
the job of the schools anyway? ;-)

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-07, cavelamb wrote:
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Oddly enough, 34% of visitors of Fox News voted "Yes" to ban the
flag. 56% voted No.

"Oddly enough, 34% of visitors to Fox Newsite were liberals wanting to
skew the data because they're illegal alien apologists."

LOL! It's all a conspiracy, Larry. The liberals got the message through
their secret decoder rings and immediately went to Fox to post their votes.
The conservatives, meantime, were watching Keith Olbermann on MSNBC and
missed it....

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-07, cavelamb wrote:
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Oddly enough, 34% of visitors of Fox News voted "Yes" to ban the
flag. 56% voted No.

"Oddly enough, 34% of visitors to Fox Newsite were liberals wanting to
skew the data because they're illegal alien apologists."

LOL! It's all a conspiracy, Larry. The liberals got the message through
their secret decoder rings and immediately went to Fox to post their votes.
The conservatives, meantime, were watching Keith Olbermann on MSNBC and
missed it....

Could it possibly be, that 34% of Fox News audience would vote YES on
any question asked by Fox News, especially if it says something like
"Vote Yes for public safety".

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

The conservatives, meantime, were watching Keith Olbermann on MSNBC and
missed it....

Conservatives watching Doberman? That is as ludicrous as Obama and second term.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-07, cavelamb wrote:
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Oddly enough, 34% of visitors of Fox News voted "Yes" to ban the
flag. 56% voted No.

From a comment....

"Douglas Carpenter

Moveon.org and Organizing for America, SEIU have been twittering to go
to Fox Poll and vote to ban the Flag. As I write this, they are
overpowering the poll in favor of banning our flag. SHOW THEM WHAT
TRUE PATRIOTS BELIEVE! Let's flip those numbers"

Seems that the 3 most unAmerican organizations have stated how they
think.

Based on trends and so forth..I think that all members of each of those
organizations will be murdered first when the Great Cull takes off.

Works for me.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb" wrote in message
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Just put every nations flag on display like the UN.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 20:06:09 -0700, "azotic" wrote
the following:

"cavelamb" wrote in message
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Just put every nations flag on display like the UN.

No, this is the USA. Display the federal and state flags only, damnit.

The US flag is the only one requiring support by any laws.
When immigrants come here, they're supposed to give up fealty to their
old country and vow to uphold our laws and mores, then melt in.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of...ited_States%29
Those who don't can go back to the ******** they're desperately trying
to get away from.

--
It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's
sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is
exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive.
-- Pema Chodron
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
No, this is the USA. Display the federal and state flags only, damnit.

The US flag is the only one requiring support by any laws.
When immigrants come here, they're supposed to give up fealty to their
old country and vow to uphold our laws and mores, then melt in.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of...ited_States%29
Those who don't can go back to the ******** they're desperately trying
to get away from.

it is because of the actions of a few that many words and symbols are now
unusable.

It used to be that "Christian" meant someone who followed the teachings of
the new testament - now it means someone who wants to subjugate women, ban
science, and force their way of life upon the rest of us

It used to be that patriot referred to someone who supported the
constitution, was welcoming of those who wished to come to our country, was
generous with his time and informed on the issues. Now it means someone who
opposes all forms of social welfare, does not understand nor support the
constitution and the freedoms it grants when they are exercised by anyone
the "patriot" disagrees with, who favors rendition and torture and the
deportation of children

It used to be that liberal meant someone who favored social welfare and care
for the poor over the unencumbered accumulation of wealth, now it means
someone who is to be reviled by the "new patriots", who wants to confiscate
all private goods and is indifferent to the value of labor or capital

Sadly, the flag is becoming one of these symbols now, there was a time when
it was flown with pride on almost every house, now to display it shows
either that the person is elderly, an anachronism, or just plain crazy

wouldn't it be nice if we had a little tolerance, if we could actually talk
about issues constructively, and find common ground? wouldn't it be nice if
political parties did not feel obliged to engage in deamonization to remain
in power, and if the interest of the party out of power were aligned with
the good of the nation rather than regaining power?

If we cannot achieve some of these "nice" things, the predictions of
deToqueville will come true and there will be no democracy in america.

Oh, and wouldn't it be nice if a metal working newsgroup occasionally
discussed metalworking?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 23:34:12 -0700, "Bill Noble"
wrote:

it is because of the actions of a few that many words and symbols are now
unusable.

It used to be that "Christian" meant someone who followed the teachings of
the new testament - now it means someone who wants to subjugate women, ban
science, and force their way of life upon the rest of us

Really?

Now while Im Buddhist..Ive never heard any thing of that
sort..well..sometimes in diatribes from far leftwing extremist fringe
kooks...but...they are afterall...mentally ill.

Got cites on the new definition?

Or are you simply spewing your opinion out your ass again?

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

It appears that your definition of "tolerance" requires agreement
with your views.

The meaning of "Christian" hasn't changed. The acts of a few noisy
zeolots don't represent or define the values of the quietly faithful,
regardless of which flavor of faith they follow and practice.

I and my neighbors on both sides display the American flag. Not all
of us are elderly, anachronisms or just plain crazy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb" wrote in message
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Just put every nations flag on display like the UN.

No, this is the USA. Display the federal and state flags only, damnit.

For once, we agree.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/7/2010 9:53 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
"Larry wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 20:06:09 -0700, wrote
the following:

wrote in message
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Just put every nations flag on display like the UN.

No, this is the USA. Display the federal and state flags only, damnit.

For once, we agree.

Any student who becomes "inflamed" by the sight of the American flag in
an American school should be asked what flag he prefers, and then sent
to wherever it is flown.

Geezus, we have _got_ to end this practice of letting a few uneducable
troublemakers disrupt the schools. If the little *******s don't want to
be there, then let them wallow in ignorance and starve.

The Constitutional right to bear eggs.... Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 2 April 18th 09 05:19 PM
The Constitutional right to bear eggs.... Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 0 April 18th 09 04:41 AM
The Constitutional right to bear eggs.... Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 0 April 18th 09 04:40 AM
Carving eggs OT Kevin Woodturning 0 September 5th 08 07:26 PM
What cost 1,000,000 pcs 5' foam eggs? [email protected] UK diy 150 July 7th 05 06:02 PM