DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Green Eggs and Obam (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/306046-green-eggs-obam.html)

Larry Jaques[_2_] July 7th 10 02:51 AM

Green Eggs and Obam

From email:

I do not like this Uncle Sam, I do not like his health care scam.
I do not like these dirty crooks, or how they lie and cook the books.
I do not like when Congress steals,
I do not like their secret deals.
I do not like this speaker Nan ,
I do not like this 'YES WE CAN'.
I do not like this spending spree,
I'm smart, I know that nothing's free,
I do not like your smug replies, when I complain about your lies.
I do not like this kind of hope.
I do not like it you BIG Dope.
I do not like it NOPE, NOPE, NOPE!

--
When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves,
it is useless to seek it elsewhere.

cavelamb July 7th 10 03:12 AM

Green Eggs and Obam

Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Ignoramus6391 July 7th 10 03:37 AM

Green Eggs and Obam

On 2010-07-07, cavelamb wrote:
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Oddly enough, 34% of visitors of Fox News voted "Yes" to ban the
flag. 56% voted No.

azotic[_4_] July 7th 10 04:06 AM

Green Eggs and Obam

"cavelamb" wrote in message
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Just put every nations flag on display like the UN.

Best Regards
Tom.

Larry Jaques[_2_] July 7th 10 05:48 AM

Green Eggs and Obam

On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 21:37:59 -0500, Ignoramus6391

On 2010-07-07, cavelamb wrote:
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Oddly enough, 34% of visitors of Fox News voted "Yes" to ban the
flag. 56% voted No.

"Oddly enough, 34% of visitors to Fox Newsite were liberals wanting to
skew the data because they're illegal alien apologists."

--
It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's
sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is

Larry Jaques[_2_] July 7th 10 05:55 AM

Green Eggs and Obam

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 20:06:09 -0700, "azotic" wrote
the following:

"cavelamb" wrote in message
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Just put every nations flag on display like the UN.

No, this is the USA. Display the federal and state flags only, damnit.

The US flag is the only one requiring support by any laws.
When immigrants come here, they're supposed to give up fealty to their
old country and vow to uphold our laws and mores, then melt in.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of...ited_States%29
Those who don't can go back to the ******** they're desperately trying
to get away from.

Bill Noble[_2_] July 7th 10 07:34 AM

Green Eggs and Obam

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
No, this is the USA. Display the federal and state flags only, damnit.

The US flag is the only one requiring support by any laws.
When immigrants come here, they're supposed to give up fealty to their
old country and vow to uphold our laws and mores, then melt in.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of...ited_States%29
Those who don't can go back to the ******** they're desperately trying
to get away from.

it is because of the actions of a few that many words and symbols are now
unusable.

It used to be that "Christian" meant someone who followed the teachings of
the new testament - now it means someone who wants to subjugate women, ban
science, and force their way of life upon the rest of us

It used to be that patriot referred to someone who supported the
constitution, was welcoming of those who wished to come to our country, was
generous with his time and informed on the issues. Now it means someone who
opposes all forms of social welfare, does not understand nor support the
constitution and the freedoms it grants when they are exercised by anyone
the "patriot" disagrees with, who favors rendition and torture and the
deportation of children

It used to be that liberal meant someone who favored social welfare and care
for the poor over the unencumbered accumulation of wealth, now it means
someone who is to be reviled by the "new patriots", who wants to confiscate
all private goods and is indifferent to the value of labor or capital

Sadly, the flag is becoming one of these symbols now, there was a time when
it was flown with pride on almost every house, now to display it shows
either that the person is elderly, an anachronism, or just plain crazy

wouldn't it be nice if we had a little tolerance, if we could actually talk
about issues constructively, and find common ground? wouldn't it be nice if
political parties did not feel obliged to engage in deamonization to remain
in power, and if the interest of the party out of power were aligned with
the good of the nation rather than regaining power?

If we cannot achieve some of these "nice" things, the predictions of
deToqueville will come true and there will be no democracy in america.

Oh, and wouldn't it be nice if a metal working newsgroup occasionally
discussed metalworking?

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 7th 10 08:28 AM

Green Eggs and Obam

On 2010-07-07, cavelamb wrote:
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Oddly enough, 34% of visitors of Fox News voted "Yes" to ban the
flag. 56% voted No.

From a comment....

"Douglas Carpenter

Moveon.org and Organizing for America, SEIU have been twittering to go
to Fox Poll and vote to ban the Flag. As I write this, they are
overpowering the poll in favor of banning our flag. SHOW THEM WHAT
TRUE PATRIOTS BELIEVE! Let's flip those numbers"

Seems that the 3 most unAmerican organizations have stated how they
think.

Based on trends and so forth..I think that all members of each of those
organizations will be murdered first when the Great Cull takes off.

Works for me.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 7th 10 10:08 AM

Green Eggs and Obam

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 23:34:12 -0700, "Bill Noble"
wrote:

it is because of the actions of a few that many words and symbols are now
unusable.

It used to be that "Christian" meant someone who followed the teachings of
the new testament - now it means someone who wants to subjugate women, ban
science, and force their way of life upon the rest of us

Really?

Now while Im Buddhist..Ive never heard any thing of that
sort..well..sometimes in diatribes from far leftwing extremist fringe
kooks...but...they are afterall...mentally ill.

Got cites on the new definition?

Or are you simply spewing your opinion out your ass again?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Spehro Pefhany July 7th 10 12:19 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

On 2010-07-07, cavelamb wrote:
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Oddly enough, 34% of visitors of Fox News voted "Yes" to ban the
flag. 56% voted No.

"Oddly enough, 34% of visitors to Fox Newsite were liberals wanting to
skew the data because they're illegal alien apologists."

Maybe, although the way they asked it:

"Yes. The safety of students comes first."

... would tend to favor a "Yes" answer, and a lot less work than the
first choice, which involves "teach(ing) the kids". It that really
the job of the schools anyway? ;-)

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Ed Huntress July 7th 10 02:51 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

On 2010-07-07, cavelamb wrote:
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Oddly enough, 34% of visitors of Fox News voted "Yes" to ban the
flag. 56% voted No.

"Oddly enough, 34% of visitors to Fox Newsite were liberals wanting to
skew the data because they're illegal alien apologists."

LOL! It's all a conspiracy, Larry. The liberals got the message through
their secret decoder rings and immediately went to Fox to post their votes.
The conservatives, meantime, were watching Keith Olbermann on MSNBC and
missed it....

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress July 7th 10 02:53 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

"cavelamb" wrote in message
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Just put every nations flag on display like the UN.

No, this is the USA. Display the federal and state flags only, damnit.

For once, we agree.

--
Ed Huntress

Ignoramus12585 July 7th 10 03:05 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

On 2010-07-07, cavelamb wrote:
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Oddly enough, 34% of visitors of Fox News voted "Yes" to ban the
flag. 56% voted No.

"Oddly enough, 34% of visitors to Fox Newsite were liberals wanting to
skew the data because they're illegal alien apologists."

LOL! It's all a conspiracy, Larry. The liberals got the message through
their secret decoder rings and immediately went to Fox to post their votes.
The conservatives, meantime, were watching Keith Olbermann on MSNBC and
missed it....

Could it possibly be, that 34% of Fox News audience would vote YES on
any question asked by Fox News, especially if it says something like
"Vote Yes for public safety".

RangersSuck July 7th 10 03:24 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

On Jul 7, 5:08*am, Gunner Asch wrote:

Now while Im Buddhist..Ive never heard any thing of that
sort..well..sometimes in diatribes from far leftwing extremist fringe
kooks...but...they are afterall...mentally ill.

Please don't start with that Buddhist nonsense again. Just because you
call yourself Buddhist doesn't mean you really are one, and I doubt
that true Buddhists would be particularly happy that you count
yourself in their number. In the same vein, you're pretty quick to
hand out mental health diagnoses. Exactly where did you receive your
medical training? In which state are you licensed?

Ed Huntress July 7th 10 03:32 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

On 2010-07-07, cavelamb wrote:
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Oddly enough, 34% of visitors of Fox News voted "Yes" to ban the
flag. 56% voted No.

"Oddly enough, 34% of visitors to Fox Newsite were liberals wanting to
skew the data because they're illegal alien apologists."

LOL! It's all a conspiracy, Larry. The liberals got the message through
their secret decoder rings and immediately went to Fox to post their
votes.
The conservatives, meantime, were watching Keith Olbermann on MSNBC and
missed it....

Could it possibly be, that 34% of Fox News audience would vote YES on
any question asked by Fox News, especially if it says something like
"Vote Yes for public safety".

g Maybe. There is nothing more absurd than an Internet poll. They give
"sampling bias" a whole new meaning.

--
Ed Huntress

Don Foreman July 7th 10 03:57 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

It appears that your definition of "tolerance" requires agreement
with your views.

The meaning of "Christian" hasn't changed. The acts of a few noisy
zeolots don't represent or define the values of the quietly faithful,
regardless of which flavor of faith they follow and practice.

I and my neighbors on both sides display the American flag. Not all
of us are elderly, anachronisms or just plain crazy.

J. Clarke July 7th 10 04:00 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

On 7/7/2010 9:53 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
"Larry wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 20:06:09 -0700, wrote
the following:

wrote in message
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Just put every nations flag on display like the UN.

No, this is the USA. Display the federal and state flags only, damnit.

For once, we agree.

Any student who becomes "inflamed" by the sight of the American flag in
an American school should be asked what flag he prefers, and then sent
to wherever it is flown.

Geezus, we have _got_ to end this practice of letting a few uneducable
troublemakers disrupt the schools. If the little *******s don't want to
be there, then let them wallow in ignorance and starve.

cavelamb July 7th 10 04:13 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

Could it possibly be, that 34% of Fox News audience would vote YES on
any question asked by Fox News, especially if it says something like
"Vote Yes for public safety".

Oiling spewing into the gulf, ecosystems and economies facing irrevocable harm,
long-term energy systems that must be rethought from the ground up. All of this
was on the table when the president addressed the nation from the Oval Office on
June 17.

What gets reported the next day? Well of course folks on the right hated it for
one reason and folks on the left hated it for another but what hit me hard was a
headline on CNN telling us the speech failed because it was pitched over the
head of the American people. Its level was too high. And what level might that
be? The Tenth grade.

According to one CNN analyst, a Paul J.J. Payback,

Obama's nearly 10th-grade-level rating was the highest of any of his major
speeches and well above the grade 7.4 of his 2008 "Yes, we can" victory speech,
which many consider his best effort, Payack said.

"The scores indicate that this was not Obama at his best, especially when
attempting to make an emotional connection to the American people," he added.

And there in lies the problem, the whole problem, the deep problem that we all
face. We live in a world of staggering complexity, a world poised at a dangerous
turning point with science and technology living at root of both our problems
and our possibilities.

And yet, in this poised world and at this critical moment, our leaders are
expected to speak to us as if we were seventh graders. Anything else is
considered too highhanded, too professorial for the American public. (Do
professors teach tenth grade?)

In an age when the relation between culture and science will only grow deeper
and more involved, a functioning democracy can not afford to dumb its citizens
down. But that is what we see happening everywhere around us.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/

Doug Miller July 7th 10 04:21 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

wrote:

wouldn't it be nice if we had a little tolerance, if we could actually talk
about issues constructively, and find common ground? wouldn't it be nice if
political parties did not feel obliged to engage in deamonization to remain
in power, and if the interest of the party out of power were aligned with
the good of the nation rather than regaining power?

It appears that your definition of "tolerance" requires agreement
with your views.

That's unfortunately very common in contemporary America: most of the time
now, "intolerant" really means "disagrees with me".

cavelamb July 7th 10 04:21 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

THE FIVE PRECEPTS OF BUDDHISM

All religions have some basic rules that define what is good conduct and what
kind of conduct should be avoided. In Buddhism, the most important rules are the
Five Precepts. These have been passed down from the Buddha himself.

1. No killing Respect for life
2. No stealing Respect for others' property
3. No sexual misconduct Respect for our pure nature
4. No lying Respect for honesty
5. No intoxicants Respect for a clear mind

No killing

The Buddha said, "Life is dear to all beings. They have the right to live the
same as we do." We should respect all life and not kill anything. Killing ants
and mosquitoes is also breaking this precept. We should have an attitude of
loving-kindness towards all beings, wishing them to be happy and free from harm.
Taking care of the earth, its rivers and air is included. One way that many
Buddhists follow this precept is by being vegetarian.

No stealing

If we steal from another, we steal from ourselves. Instead, we should learn to
give and take care of things that belong to our family, to the school, or to the
public.

No sexual misconduct

Proper conduct shows respect for oneself and others. Our bodies are gifts from
our parents, so we should protect them from harm. Young people should especially
keep their natures pure and develop their virtue. It is up to them to make the
world a better place to live. In happy families, the husband and wife both
respect each other.

No lying

Being honest brings peace into the world. When there is a misunderstanding, the
best thing is to talk it over. This precept includes no gossip, no back-biting,
no harsh words and no idle speech.

No intoxicants

The fifth precept is based on keeping a clear mind and a healthy body. One day,
when the Buddha was speaking the Dharma for the assembly, a young drunkard
staggered into the room. He tripped over some monks who were sitting on the
floor and started cursing loudly. His breath reeked of alcohol and filled the
air with a sickening stench. Mumbling to himself, he reeled out the door.

Everyone was astonished at his rude behavior, but the Buddha remained calm.
"Great assembly!" he spoke, "Take a look at this man! He will certainly lose his
wealth and good name. His body will grow weak and sickly. Day and night, he will
quarrel with his family and friends until they abandon him. The worst thing is
that he will lose his wisdom and become stupid."

Little by little, one can learn to follow these precepts. If one sometimes
forgets them, one can start all over again. Following the precepts is a lifetime
job. If one kills or hurts someone's feelings by mistake, that is breaking the
precepts, but it was not done on purpose.

Ignoramus12585 July 7th 10 04:29 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

On 2010-07-07, Don Foreman wrote:
It appears that your definition of "tolerance" requires agreement
with your views.

The meaning of "Christian" hasn't changed. The acts of a few noisy
zeolots don't represent or define the values of the quietly faithful,
regardless of which flavor of faith they follow and practice.

I and my neighbors on both sides display the American flag. Not all
of us are elderly, anachronisms or just plain crazy.

I also display the American flag.

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 7th 10 05:58 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 10:29:28 -0500, Ignoramus12585

On 2010-07-07, Don Foreman wrote:
It appears that your definition of "tolerance" requires agreement
with your views.

The meaning of "Christian" hasn't changed. The acts of a few noisy
zeolots don't represent or define the values of the quietly faithful,
regardless of which flavor of faith they follow and practice.

I and my neighbors on both sides display the American flag. Not all
of us are elderly, anachronisms or just plain crazy.

I also display the American flag.

I fly the Flag 365 days a year on a pole I welded and installed 22 yrs
ago.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 7th 10 05:59 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

Well done posting that.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Ignoramus12585 July 7th 10 06:35 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

On 2010-07-07, Don Foreman wrote:
It appears that your definition of "tolerance" requires agreement
with your views.

The meaning of "Christian" hasn't changed. The acts of a few noisy
zeolots don't represent or define the values of the quietly faithful,
regardless of which flavor of faith they follow and practice.

I and my neighbors on both sides display the American flag. Not all
of us are elderly, anachronisms or just plain crazy.

I also display the American flag.

I fly the Flag 365 days a year on a pole I welded and installed 22 yrs
ago.

So, how long does one flag last before needing replacement?

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 7th 10 07:12 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

On 2010-07-07, Don Foreman wrote:
It appears that your definition of "tolerance" requires agreement
with your views.

The meaning of "Christian" hasn't changed. The acts of a few noisy
zeolots don't represent or define the values of the quietly faithful,
regardless of which flavor of faith they follow and practice.

I and my neighbors on both sides display the American flag. Not all
of us are elderly, anachronisms or just plain crazy.

I also display the American flag.

I fly the Flag 365 days a year on a pole I welded and installed 22 yrs
ago.

So, how long does one flag last before needing replacement?

About every 10- 18 months, here in the desert. Summer Temps are well
over 100F, which simply fades the decent rayon type flags. The
occasional 30mph-50mph winds are what damage them

The better the flag maker..the longer they last. I generally fly a 3x5
foot flag.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

[email protected] July 7th 10 07:53 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

wrote:

THE FIVE PRECEPTS OF BUDDHISM

All religions have some basic rules that define what is good conduct and what
kind of conduct should be avoided. In Buddhism, the most important rules are the
Five Precepts. These have been passed down from the Buddha himself.

1. No killing Respect for life
2. No stealing Respect for others' property
3. No sexual misconduct Respect for our pure nature
4. No lying Respect for honesty
5. No intoxicants Respect for a clear mind

Well done posting that.

Why, did you enjoy verifying that you couldn't possibly be a real
Buddhist? You're here daily advocating the killing of millions,
bragging about stealing from your doctors, lying your ass off, and
generally displaying the unclearest of minds. You're a Buddhist in the
same way that priests who abuse alter boys are Catholics.

Wayne

RangersSuck July 7th 10 09:41 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

On Jul 7, 11:13*am, cavelamb wrote:
[...]

You have hit at least one of the nails directly on the head. Without
going into the ideologies of the candidates or any of the platform
issues, the thing that infuriated me most about the 2000 presidential
election campaign was the notion that Gore was "too smart" and that
Bush seemed like "someone you could have a beer with." What kind of
people are we, who don't want to have the smartest person available in
the White House?

RangersSuck July 7th 10 09:50 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

wrote:

[...]

Did it ring ANY bells for you? Do you have enough self-awareness to
realize how completely wrong you are to call yourself a Buddhist? How
disrespectful it is to the rest of the world?

Probably not.

Ed Huntress July 7th 10 10:15 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

"rangerssuck" wrote in message
[...]

Remember, fully 50% of us finished in the bottom half of our class. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

cavelamb July 7th 10 10:52 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

rangerssuck wrote:

In an age when the relation between culture and science will only grow deeper
and more involved, a functioning democracy can not afford to dumb its citizens
down. But that is what we see happening everywhere around us.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/

You have hit at least one of the nails directly on the head. Without
going into the ideologies of the candidates or any of the platform
issues, the thing that infuriated me most about the 2000 presidential
election campaign was the notion that Gore was "too smart" and that
Bush seemed like "someone you could have a beer with." What kind of
people are we, who don't want to have the smartest person available in
the White House?

Ever play liars poker?

--

Richard Lamb

RangersSuck July 7th 10 11:00 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

On Jul 7, 5:52*pm, cavelamb wrote:
rangerssuck wrote:

In an age when the relation between culture and science will only grow deeper
and more involved, a functioning democracy can not afford to dumb its citizens
down. *But that is what we see happening everywhere around us.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/

You have hit at least one of the nails directly on the head. Without
going into the ideologies of the candidates or any of the platform
issues, the thing that infuriated me most about the 2000 presidential
election campaign was the notion that Gore was "too smart" and that
Bush seemed like "someone you could have a beer with." What kind of
people are we, who don't want to have the smartest person available in
the White House?

Ever play liars poker?

--

Richard Lamb

nope. Please enlighten me.

ATP July 8th 10 01:56 AM

Green Eggs and Obam

wrote in message
Fox is running a poll about whether the flag
should be banned in schools in order not to
inflame Hispanic students.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

Just put every nations flag on display like the UN.

No, this is the USA. Display the federal and state flags only, damnit.

For once, we agree.

Any student who becomes "inflamed" by the sight of the American flag in an
American school should be asked what flag he prefers, and then sent to
wherever it is flown.

Geezus, we have _got_ to end this practice of letting a few uneducable
troublemakers disrupt the schools. If the little *******s don't want to
be there, then let them wallow in ignorance and starve.

I don't think any students have been inflamed by the sight of an American
flag. I live in a district with a significant ESL population and never even
heard of this bull****. I think it's Fox News riling up the yahoos.

RangersSuck July 8th 10 09:58 PM

Green Eggs and Obam

wrote:

[...]

Probably not.- Hide quoted text -

As expected, nothing but crickets chirping on Ranco del Gunner..

Wes[_5_] July 9th 10 02:12 AM

Green Eggs and Obam

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

The conservatives, meantime, were watching Keith Olbermann on MSNBC and
missed it....

Conservatives watching Doberman? That is as ludicrous as Obama and second term.

Wes

Ed Huntress July 9th 10 02:31 AM

Green Eggs and Obam

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

The conservatives, meantime, were watching Keith Olbermann on MSNBC and
missed it....

Conservatives watching Doberman? That is as ludicrous as Obama and second
term.

Wes

Almost as ludicrous as the original claim that I was responding to, with my
equally ludicrous claim. It's a shallow sort of irony. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Wes[_5_] July 9th 10 02:59 AM

Green Eggs and Obam

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

The conservatives, meantime, were watching Keith Olbermann on MSNBC and
missed it....

Conservatives watching Doberman? That is as ludicrous as Obama and second
term.

Wes

Almost as ludicrous as the original claim that I was responding to, with my
equally ludicrous claim. It's a shallow sort of irony. d8-)

I knew there was an attempt at wit in there somewhere. I hope tomorrow isn't hot like the
last few days.

Wes

Ed Huntress July 9th 10 03:03 AM

Green Eggs and Obam

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

The conservatives, meantime, were watching Keith Olbermann on MSNBC and
missed it....

Conservatives watching Doberman? That is as ludicrous as Obama and
second
term.

Wes

Almost as ludicrous as the original claim that I was responding to, with
my
equally ludicrous claim. It's a shallow sort of irony. d8-)

I knew there was an attempt at wit in there somewhere. I hope tomorrow
isn't hot like the
last few days.

Wes

I hear you're heating up in parts of the Midwest, too.

Yesterday it cooled off a bit -- to 100 deg. F. It was 102 the day before.
The sun was in most of today, and it was only around 95. But it was really
humid. Ugh.

--
Ed Huntress

Wes[_5_] July 9th 10 03:27 AM

Green Eggs and Obam

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I hope tomorrow
isn't hot like the
last few days.

Wes

I hear you're heating up in parts of the Midwest, too.

Yesterday it cooled off a bit -- to 100 deg. F. It was 102 the day before.
The sun was in most of today, and it was only around 95. But it was really
humid. Ugh.

I take a water pill for bp and the last few days, well, let me say the water works have
dried up from sweating too much.

I noticed that parts of the east coast hit triple digits. As a former resident of Indiana
that experienced a lot of hot muggy summers you have my sympathy. When the humidity
defeats evaporative cooling, aka, sweating, life is miserable and often dangerous
depending on age and health.

Wes

Ed Huntress July 9th 10 03:49 AM

Green Eggs and Obam

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

[...]

I've just been working indoors with air conditioning. Some people are really
suffering.

--
Ed Huntress

Hawke[_3_] July 9th 10 06:16 AM

Green Eggs and Obam

On 7/7/2010 2:15 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
wrote in message
On Jul 7, 11:13 am, wrote:
[...]

Not only that, if you remember your American history (are you listening
Glenn Beck) one of the biggest fears of the founding fathers was of the
mob, or the rabble taking control of the republic. That's why when they
created the country they put in so many obstructions to having the
people actually deciding anything. Over the years the country has become
a lot more democratic but when the country was young very little was
left to the public to decide and that was because the people who created
the country had little faith in the decision making ability of the
common folk. Even today we have the same problem, which is that the
common man is pretty darn ignorant.

Considering the ignorance and apathy of the average citizen why would
you want the average person's judgment be what we use in this country
for making important decisions? I'm for letting the people who know the
most decide most things. Letting big decisions be made by the most
ordinary people seems like something only an idiot would do. Like this
one, hey doctor, do I need heart surgery? Let me take a poll of the
public and then I'll know what to do, okay. Nope, when it comes to
deciding anything important leave the public out of it. Just look at
what they did in 2000 and 2004. Do you need any more proof of the
stupidity of the average American?

Hawke