Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default compressed-air drills

On Sun, 23 May 2010 15:06:31 -0500, Ignoramus32683

On 2010-05-23, RogerN wrote:
Just curious, why can't you build a deck with a battery powered drill? I
twisted lag bolts in two with my Dewalt 18V XRP but I can't remember if it
was with the drill or the impact (the impact is bad about breaking screws if
you don't stop on time!).

Roger, my answer to you (and others) was that batteries do not last
when the job is to just drive a screw after screw.

My 14.4v Bosch Impactor runs about 150 screws in half an hour before
the nicad dies and I swap 'em out. By the time that one's dead, the
first is charged and waiting for me. By the time that's done, I am,
too.

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/bimpactorrvu.html
I can't find the review which showed how many screws were driven by
each model they tested on a single battery charge, but it was a good
one. Do look for it if you want real info, Ig.

Apparently, others' experience may be different, and, if so, I will
retract my comment about cordless drills.

The new lithium batteries, like the Makita 3Ah jobbers, are good for
about twice what I was getting.

http://www.consumersearch.com/cordle...impact-drivers
Still not the one I looked for.

--
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when
they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

compressed-air drills Doug Miller Woodworking 176 May 28th 10 07:37 PM
compressed-air drills Larry Jaques[_2_] Metalworking 0 May 24th 10 02:47 AM
compressed-air drills dan Metalworking 0 May 23rd 10 11:38 PM
compressed-air drills Sunworshipper[_3_] Metalworking 0 May 23rd 10 05:10 PM
compressed-air drills Larry Jaques[_2_] Metalworking 0 May 23rd 10 02:24 PM