Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Visio 2000, other low-end CAD fer a laptop....

"Existential Angst" wrote:

Yeah, it does have to be a laptop.

According to Ned, Alibre runs on a "not too fancy laptop" -- hopefully that
means 2 GB, with whatever video cards the laptops have.

I run Alibre on a Dell Volstro, a low end laptop. It runs fine, laptop is xp pro and has
4G shared memory.

My 6 year old desktop computer with dedicated graphics kicks the laptops tail.

One thing to consider with laptops with serious graphics, the battery life tends to be
short. Oh, Alibre will let you install it on 3 machines w/o issues. I only have it on
two so far.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller