Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dos and Donts

--Many moons ago I remember something my old boss said about things
he refused to work on. They included rotorcraft and some other stuff that
were just too liability-prone for a small shop to attempt. There was maybe a
'big four' to be avoided. Can any of you lot remember the other three?
--Reason for asking: insurance company wants it displayed on my
website, sigh...

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Blue Cross socks us
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : $23,000/yr!! ...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
steamer wrote:

--Many moons ago I remember something my old boss said about things
he refused to work on. They included rotorcraft and some other stuff that
were just too liability-prone for a small shop to attempt. There was maybe a
'big four' to be avoided. Can any of you lot remember the other three?
--Reason for asking: insurance company wants it displayed on my
website, sigh...

Well, the insurance company should know what bothers THEM, shouldn't
they? Make them tell you...of course they might start with boilers and
kinda run your boating.

Perhaps:

Medical devices.

Submarines with people in them. Killing cameras is OK.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ecnerwal wrote in
:

snip
Well, the insurance company should know what bothers THEM, shouldn't
they? Make them tell you...of course they might start with boilers and
kinda run your boating.

Perhaps:

Medical devices.

Submarines with people in them. Killing cameras is OK.

A friend of mine worked on subs for the Navy in New London, CT. He said
there were two rules:

1) Keep the water out of the people tank.

2) What goes down must come up.

Doug White
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"steamer" wrote in message
--Many moons ago I remember something my old boss said about things
he refused to work on. They included rotorcraft and some other stuff that
were just too liability-prone for a small shop to attempt. There was maybe
'big four' to be avoided. Can any of you lot remember the other three?
--Reason for asking: insurance company wants it displayed on my
website

I had a guy show up one day with a part from a medium size Ferris wheel
(about 20' he said "kiddy size"). It was a previously welded cast aluminum
hub assembly that had fractured again. I said no, he offered to make it
worth my time, I said no again, he got upset, I said no again and chased him
away. I think about this every time I go to the fair and see the carney run
rides.

I don't know if amusement rides or roller coasters is on the list but I
would add them.

Andrew

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 20 Apr 2010 20:52:12 GMT, steamer wrote:

--Memory partly jogged. I've got aircraft and pressure vessels.
Anyone recall the other two?

Soliciting legal advice on usenet. g

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

What's that Lassie? You say that steamer fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by 20 Apr 2010 20:52:12 GMT:

--Memory partly jogged. I've got aircraft and pressure vessels.
Anyone recall the other two?

Elevators?
--

Dan H.