Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Watch out for this "premier" vendor

I bought and paid for a Brown and Sharp surface grinder from:

kingswingtool

on Ebay.

He offered it with a low shipping cost that said to me he had "dead-
head" trucking available. A lot of heavy machinery equipment dealers are
offering free shipping, so I figured his under-$20 fee was for
palletizing and loading.

So, after it was paid, he sent me an email to the effect that I would
have to arrange shipping on my own -- at $800 minimum through
FreightQuote.com.

I got my money back, but I _really_ wanted that grinder, and he reneged.

Watch this guy.

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-04-17, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
I bought and paid for a Brown and Sharp surface grinder from:

kingswingtool

on Ebay.

He offered it with a low shipping cost that said to me he had "dead-
head" trucking available. A lot of heavy machinery equipment dealers are
offering free shipping, so I figured his under-$20 fee was for
palletizing and loading.

So, after it was paid, he sent me an email to the effect that I would
have to arrange shipping on my own -- at $800 minimum through
FreightQuote.com.

I got my money back, but I _really_ wanted that grinder, and he reneged.

Lloyd, I looked at the auction and it is clear to me that you are 100%
right. His terms were unambiguously in favor of your interpretation.

I may have a similar story of my own.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

I bought and paid for a Brown and Sharp surface grinder from:

kingswingtool

on Ebay.

He offered it with a low shipping cost that said to me he had "dead-
head" trucking available. A lot of heavy machinery equipment dealers are
offering free shipping, so I figured his under-$20 fee was for
palletizing and loading.

That is how I read it. You arrange shipping. I always get a reply on the who and how
details before bidding.

So, after it was paid, he sent me an email to the effect that I would
have to arrange shipping on my own -- at $800 minimum through
FreightQuote.com.

Does FreightQuote have a kick back system?

I got my money back, but I _really_ wanted that grinder, and he reneged.

That must have been quick. I was looking at ebay's ended listings for the seller and now
they only show 15 days worth. WTF.

Watch this guy.

I'll ignore him. Sorry you got screwed. How does he manage to have 100% positive
feedback? You sure sound like a neg for feedback.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes fired this volley in news:kUMyn.50127
:

That is how I read it.

You can read it again. The guy has re-listed the item at $150 less than I
paid for it, and the same fraudulent shipping terms.

I'm half-tempted to tell him I'll take it for ZERO, if he doesn't want to
get kicked off Ebay.

(yeah... I know... but it felt good)

LLoyd