Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shots fired as Supt. holds news conference on shootings in Gun Ban Land

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 14:29:59 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:18:41 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

On Apr 5, 12:45*pm, Jim Chandler wrote:
That's impossible. *Must be a media lie. *After all, Chicago has a ban
on handguns in place. *It IS working, isn't it? *:-)

Jim

Have they considered banning the drugs that cause the violence?

Or maybe more would be smuggled in from surrounding areas where they
are legal.

But Gun Bans Always work!!

Yes...

New Hampshire has probably the fewest and most lenient gun laws in the
U.S. -- and about the lowest number of deaths due to gunshot. Perhaps
the Lawmakers should take a look at that state and try to figure out
how they do it? 'Cause whatever it is it works.

Cheers,

John D.
(jdslocombatgmail)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 6, 9:58*am, John wrote:
New Hampshire has probably the fewest and most lenient gun laws in the
U.S. -- and about the lowest number of deaths due to gunshot. *Perhaps
the Lawmakers should take a look at that state and try to figure out
how they do it? 'Cause whatever it is it works.

Cheers,

John D.
(jdslocombatgmail)-

We do have violent inner city neighborhoods which are small enough not
to affect the totals much. In rural parts you hear a lot of practice
gunshots from the woods but there's little serious crime.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John wrote:

But Gun Bans Always work!!

Yes...

New Hampshire has probably the fewest and most lenient gun laws in the
U.S. -- and about the lowest number of deaths due to gunshot. Perhaps
the Lawmakers should take a look at that state and try to figure out
how they do it? 'Cause whatever it is it works.

Cheers,

John D.
(jdslocombatgmail)

New Hampshire is better than Vermont? Interesting info, always wondered how the state
next door worked it's gun laws.

Compare Illinois to Indiana and that is night and day. I'm up in Michigan, not as nice as
Indiana but I'm pretty thrilled on the progress since the dark days.

In a culture where firearms are prevalent, the chances that the understanding of how they
work and the potential dangers is well understood. I wonder if there is a study of us
hicks vs city slickers on accidental deaths?

I grew up with parents w/o guns but the grandparents had them along with my uncle, their
son. I knew how guns worked and what guns could do.

Now being raised with a good set of values on what is right and what is wrong is essential
to stay on the proper path so the knowledge of arms isn't used for a wrongful purpose.

It isn't what you have, it is what you do with it. Based on how gun control has gone,
anyone with a 185 MPH Corvette should loose their license based on what it *could* do.

I'd rather be judged on what I've done. So far, I've just felt secure with one of my
PDW's near by. No one near by had a clue that I was carrying. No one has been harmed.

I was listening to the proarms podcast today, where a lady found herself in a dark parking
lot with multiple potential assalients coming her way. She was composed as she loaded her
vehical with groceries. She looked at all of them, one at a time, as in getting a mental
image of each. They broke off and walked away. Obviously, she carried and her response
in the flight or fight category made them decide to try for something easier.

Guns save lifes with out a shot every day.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
John wrote:

[...]

Funny how Michigan and Wisconsin will trust a fellow from Illinois to walk
down their streets with a gun on his hip, without any permits or permissions
needed. His own home state would make him a criminal if he tried.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Myself, and most Americans agree with you. Sadly, we're not
the ones writing the laws. I'm not sure what the answer is.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Wes"
wrote in message

Now being raised with a good set of values on what is right
and what is wrong is essential
to stay on the proper path so the knowledge of arms isn't
used for a wrongful purpose.

It isn't what you have, it is what you do with it. Based on
how gun control has gone,
anyone with a 185 MPH Corvette should loose their license
based on what it *could* do.

I'd rather be judged on what I've done. So far, I've just
felt secure with one of my
PDW's near by. No one near by had a clue that I was
carrying. No one has been harmed.

Guns save lifes with out a shot every day.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 7, 1:46Â*pm, Steve Ackman
wrote:
In , on Tue, 06 Apr
2010 18:55:22 -0400, Wes, wrote:

New Hampshire is better than Vermont?

Â* Not really.

Â* Interesting info, always wondered how the state next door worked it's
Â* gun laws.

Â* The heading of the page says its neutrality is disputed,
but...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_law...tes_%28by_stat...

--
˜¯˜¯
Unlimited webspace - Unlimited bandwidthhttp://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?74713

As a person who lives in Illinois, too near Chicago; the local news
has been inundated with "Gun related deaths" lately. It almost feels
as though "Da Mayor" has told the local news to advertise all of these
gun deaths to help their F.o.S. case in front of the Supreme Court.
Maybe I'm just paranoid.
_kevin
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

karchiba wrote:

Unlimited webspace - Unlimited bandwidthhttp://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?74713

As a person who lives in Illinois, too near Chicago; the local news
has been inundated with "Gun related deaths" lately. It almost feels
as though "Da Mayor" has told the local news to advertise all of these
gun deaths to help their F.o.S. case in front of the Supreme Court.
Maybe I'm just paranoid.

If da mayor really believes in gun control, have him dismiss his personal security detail
(they have guns).

The elites don't carry firearms, they have servants to do that for them. I can't afford a
proxy for my defense, I have to do it myself when allowed by said elites.

Wes