Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default An open letter to conservatives

Actually that's not true, I read this much of your letter:

Dear Conservative Americans,

The years have not been kind to you. I grew up in a profoundly
Republican home, so I can remember when you wore a very different face
than the one we see now. You've lost me and you've lost most of America.
Because I believe having responsible choices is important to democracy,
I'd like to give you some advice and an invitation.

First, the invitation: Come back to us.

Now the advice. You're going to have to come up with a platform that
isn't built on a foundation of cowardice: fear of people with colors,
religions, cultures and sex lives that differ from your own; fear of
reform in banking, health care, energy; fantasy fears of America being
transformed into an Islamic nation, into social/commun/fasc-ism, into a
disarmed populace put in internment camps; and more. But you have work
to do even before you take on that task.

And then I stopped. That's because the last thing I need in my life
right now is some self-satisfied, sanctimonious **** of a liberal
telling what I need to be doing right now. And based on the above,
that's exactly what you a A self-satisfied, sanctimonious liberal
****" ........................

You're right about not needing a liberal to tell you what you ought to
be doing. You already have a gang of right wing operatives and
propagandists and outright loudmouths telling you exactly what to say
and think and you are following them like the good little lemming you
are. As a conservative the one thing you need the most is a leader
because you are like a Chinese fire drill without one to tell you what
to do and what to think. So keep following the likes of Sara Palin, Rush
Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and all the other members of the right wing gang
of fools you willingly follow like a puppy. You don't need anything. You
have exactly what you need except maybe more teabags. How was it in
Searchlight, Nevada this weekend at the rally?

Hawke