Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

From: "Steve B"
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: bucky wire feed
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:39:14 -0700

I seem to have a stalker writing into newsgroups claming to be me and
posting profane things. Hope you can do something about this.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve Ackman" wrote in message
rg...
In , on Sat, 20 Mar 2010 18:04:04
-0700, Steve B, wrote:

snip headers

In complaints to news admins, you have to include
the headers of the violater... not your own.
See
http://aioe.org/25.html

I seem to have a stalker writing into newsgroups claming to be me and
posting profane things. Hope you can do something about this.

They can't.

There's no policy in any AUP I've ever seen that
precludes "using a similar nym." Most AUPs do have
provisions against "forgery," (though aioe.org doesn't
seem to explicity forbid it) but that would need to
have your name and e-mail address identical anyway.

See #5 at http://aioe.org/03.html if you think any
of his content is in violation... though even that is
a bit on the vague side.

Most capable newsreaders can show the
NNTP-Posting-Host so everyone using a decent
newsreader knows which one is you anyway.

--
??

Brain fart. That was not meant for the newsgroup. Do I have to copy
"message source" part of properties to do that? I have never sent one of
these in, and don't know how to read these things. I did print two of the
properties readouts, one from a post of mine, and one from the cowardly
stalker, and there are lots of differences that make it obvious he is not
me.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:

I seem to have a stalker writing into newsgroups claming to be me and
posting profane things. Hope you can do something about this.

They won't do anything. AIOE exists for trolls and kooks to abuse
Usenet. I went through the same thing a while back, and all I got was
smartassed replies from the owner. They will kill an account for using
your screen name & email address, but allow the offender to create a new
one, seconds later.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

They won't do anything. AIOE exists for trolls and kooks to abuse
Usenet. I went through the same thing a while back, and all I got was
smartassed replies from the owner. They will kill an account for using
your screen name & email address, but allow the offender to create a new
one, seconds later.

If the user has a dynamic ip from their ISP, it would be impossible for AIOE to black list
that person. Unless you are posting from inside a company or pay for a static public ip
like I do, there is no way to tie a user to an ip.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

They won't do anything. AIOE exists for trolls and kooks to abuse
Usenet. I went through the same thing a while back, and all I got was
smartassed replies from the owner. They will kill an account for using
your screen name & email address, but allow the offender to create a new
one, seconds later.

If the user has a dynamic ip from their ISP, it would be impossible for AIOE to black list
that person. Unless you are posting from inside a company or pay for a static public ip
like I do, there is no way to tie a user to an ip.

My IP address is dynamic, yet it has only changed three times in over
five years.

You notice that AIOE hides the NNTP IP Posting Host address in their
headers?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

From: "Steve B"
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:39:14 -0700

I seem to have a stalker writing into newsgroups claming to be me and
posting profane things. *Hope you can do something about this.

One way that does get results is when a poster posts threats...forward
the info to the FBI/SS/TSA/DHS.

More than one poster has disappeared after the Government has been
alerted to their threats.

And others are being monitored...and I assume ever increasing case
files are being built of thier activities.

And individuals are being held accountable for their postings...a
local smartass conservative is serving time for Internet harrassment
and from what I have heard a civil suit is likely to be filed to
recover damages.

The truth is that most idiot posters are not worth noting...and when
they leave this Earth their absence will not be missed.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 13:13:18 -0600, Steve Ackman
wrote:

* Likewise, racism, sexism and homophobia are not welcome.

Steve B/newton smith, is an admitted and blatant racist who uses
alternate IDs whenever he feels like it.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...8?dmode=source
His complaints about being "stalked" ought to peg the irony meter of
any sensible reader. All I'd like to know is how the aioe poster
decided which of the racist tards in RCM deserved special treatment.
Steve/newt is hardly the worst of them, although he's for sure in the
top 10. He may be the dumbest though... posting a complaint to aioe on
Usenet, and including his phony name and email? Too funny.

Wayne