Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Brake Pad options

I'm working on a fail safe brake along the lines of an elevator safety
brake -- it will prevent a heavy load from falling if the supporting
roller chain breaks. I need brake pads that can be attached to the
device that will bear on a large rectangular tube column when
activated, 4 pads near the corners of the column. I found some rough
dimensions online of performance auto disc brake pads that are about
2" square, which seems appropriate. The four pads will be required to
support about 3000 pounds total.

Potential problems with automotive pads? Any suggestions other than
auto pads? McMaster has lining material, but I'd rather not design and
fabricate something that can be more easily purchased.

--
Ned Simmons

Brake Cleaner rangerssuck Metalworking 10 December 29th 09 04:25 AM
Box Pan Brake Rob[_14_] Metalworking 1 November 17th 08 05:24 PM
When it comes to purchasing professional clothing or work wear formen, there are numerous options that are both attractive and appealing. A manhas needs when it comes to his work wear, just like a woman. Fashion designerstoday often provide options p [email protected] Woodworking 0 April 21st 08 05:45 AM
Finger brake vs. press brake Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 12 May 28th 06 04:29 PM