Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is this?

Gunner Asch wrote:
Is this a jig borer..or a small mill?

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/MakinoMill#

Picked it up for $100.....after they turned it over on its face. Busted
one side of the table plumb off.

WIth luck..I can drill and pin the busted side of the table.

Shrug...just another fixemup project.

The previous owner had it on a moving cart..and managed to pull it over
on himself. Busted his leg pretty badly. Had a Sony DRO on it..but they
kept that...sigh again. But..Ive got a replacement I think should fit.

Interesting Makino anyways. Dials are metric only though.

Anyone know where to find a manual?

Gunner

That's a cute little thing.
I'd have been on it for a C-note too.

I agree, worth a shot to pin it, weld, grind.