Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Maker Faire prep

--Well last night I signed up for the Northern California Maker
Faire. This year I'm planning on displaying an array of homebrew
air-operated contraptions. I'm wondering if you lot can describe stuff you
may have seen that's related to the use of pneumatics or compressed air that
would lend itself to a tabletop display. At present I've got everything from a
pedal-operated benchtop drillpress to a modified nutsert tool and (hopefully)
some TurboNuts so I'm thinking the weirder the better.
--Suggestions welcome!

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Blue Cross socks us
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : $23,000/yr!! ...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

steamer wrote:

--Well last night I signed up for the Northern California Maker
Faire. This year I'm planning on displaying an array of homebrew
air-operated contraptions. I'm wondering if you lot can describe stuff you
may have seen that's related to the use of pneumatics or compressed air that
would lend itself to a tabletop display. At present I've got everything from a
pedal-operated benchtop drillpress to a modified nutsert tool and (hopefully)
some TurboNuts so I'm thinking the weirder the better.
--Suggestions welcome!

Well, I've heard that the Amish have windmills that run air compressors that run water
pumps. Somehow that fits in their framework of not being connected to the outside world
or whatever.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes sez: "Well, I've heard that the Amish have windmills that run air compressors that run water
pumps. Somehow that fits in their framework of not being connected to the outside world
or whatever".

Good crack, Wes. Love it!! Kinda reminds me of what my Dad always said about such things, "If
that's religion, I don't want any."

Bob Swinney

"Wes" wrote in message
steamer wrote:

--Well last night I signed up for the Northern California Maker
Faire. This year I'm planning on displaying an array of homebrew
air-operated contraptions. I'm wondering if you lot can describe stuff you
may have seen that's related to the use of pneumatics or compressed air that
would lend itself to a tabletop display. At present I've got everything from a
pedal-operated benchtop drillpress to a modified nutsert tool and (hopefully)
some TurboNuts so I'm thinking the weirder the better.
--Suggestions welcome!

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

steamer wrote in news:4b8bfc36$0$1640
:

--Suggestions welcome!

How about a pneumatic knife blade honer?

Fit a thin diamond hone to a push-pull device such as a sheet-metal saw
with the hone on edge then simply clamp the knife blade so that it's at the
appropriate angle.

Winter Prep Bob Home Repair 3 October 31st 06 05:31 PM
Painting prep Dan_Musicant Home Repair 3 July 10th 06 09:25 PM
Wood Prep? Art Lindquist Woodworking 3 August 23rd 05 04:31 PM
Paint Prep Steve Home Repair 1 July 26th 05 04:12 PM