DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   The Gunner News Agency (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/298821-gunner-news-agency.html)

Larry Jaques[_2_] February 26th 10 04:09 PM

The Gunner News Agency

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 00:52:41 -0500, the infamous "Buerste"
scrawled the following:

"Burled Frau" wrote in message
Anyone see TMT's mommies lately? Maybe they finally raised enough money to
gas up the Subaru. Looks for TMT soon near the Sunnyside address.
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture...d93f7a950e.jpg

TMT is really one of Gunners sockpuppets.

Gunner wouldn't sully his hand puppeting a TMT.

BTW, he emailed me yesterday and said he was OK but stranded in
HelL.A. for the past 3 weeks. Ailment: lackaducats.

He said "Passs the word along that Im ok, and will be back hammering
Leftwingers before long G"

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong

RangersSuck February 26th 10 04:28 PM

The Gunner News Agency

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture...f18acea9c334e1....

TMT is really one of Gunners sockpuppets.

Gunner wouldn't sully his hand puppeting a TMT.

BTW, he emailed me yesterday and said he was OK but stranded in
HelL.A. for the past 3 weeks. Ailment: lackaducats.

He said "Passs the word along that Im ok, and will be back hammering
Leftwingers before long G"

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong
remedy." * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-- Ernest Benn

Gee, I can't wait. The signal to noise ratio certainly improves when
he's not around.

Buerste February 26th 10 04:43 PM

The Gunner News Agency

"rangerssuck" wrote in message
[...]

**************

But I need to pick his brain about my 1911, I'm at a standstill trying to
figure out some issues.

F. George McDuffee February 26th 10 06:23 PM

The Gunner News Agency

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 08:28:05 -0800 (PST), rangerssuck
wrote:
snip
Gee, I can't wait. The signal to noise ratio certainly improves when
he's not around.

snip
One man's noise is another man's techno-metal rock. Its a lot
like mining for gold -- gotta shovel some dirt for a few nuggets.

Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

John D. February 27th 10 12:57 AM

The Gunner News Agency

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:43:39 -0500, "Buerste"
wrote:

[...]

What's your problem? I used to build accurisized 1911bullseye guns.
Maybe I can help.

John D.
(johndslocombatgmaildotcom)

David R.Birch February 27th 10 04:33 AM

The Gunner News Agency

F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 08:28:05 -0800 (PST), rangerssuck
wrote:
snip
Gee, I can't wait. The signal to noise ratio certainly improves when
he's not around.

snip
One man's noise is another man's techno-metal rock. Its a lot
like mining for gold -- gotta shovel some dirt for a few nuggets.

Unka George (George McDuffee)

Unfortunately, with Gunner, like Cliff, the best of the nuggets are
coprolites.

David

Steve B[_3_] February 27th 10 04:55 AM

The Gunner News Agency

"David R.Birch" wrote in message
F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 08:28:05 -0800 (PST), rangerssuck
wrote:
snip
Gee, I can't wait. The signal to noise ratio certainly improves when
he's not around.

snip
One man's noise is another man's techno-metal rock. Its a lot
like mining for gold -- gotta shovel some dirt for a few nuggets.

Unka George (George McDuffee)

Unfortunately, with Gunner, like Cliff, the best of the nuggets are
coprolites.

David

And some contributors here will be coprolites in a few thousand years.

Steve

Buerste February 27th 10 05:32 AM

The Gunner News Agency

wrote:

[...]

Thanks John. The SA Loaded has very, very few rounds through it. Factory
feedstock functions OK with about 5%+ FTF. I figure the parts need to get
to know each other better. I need to develop loads using 200gr LSWC that I
have cast by the thousands from WW alloy and use Lee Liquid Alox lube. (It
works great in my other calibers.) So, the first issue I had was getting
the dummy rounds to cycle by hand. Almost all stop in a three-point jam.
OK, OAL is the first variable to address.and where to seat the lead at
1.240" to 1.245" and it will cycle about half the time by hand. Close
examination of the extractor looks like somebody attacked it with a hatchet.
So, I have very carefully shaped it according to pictures I found on the web
and in my .45 bible. It seems tensioned and shaped about right and feeds
much better...still by hand. I'm still not confident that the extractor is
right.

I am diabetic and my hands are really, really tender and it's hard to get a
good grip on the slide, even after cocking the hammer. I want to work my
loads down in conjunction with reduced springs. The OEM recoil spring is
16# and I'd love to substantially reduce that. I have 16 lbs of IMR 700X
and need to focus on burning that for QUITE a while. How do I find the
balance between recoil spring, main spring and my components so that I get
good accuracy and function while not harming the gun, minimal leading and
making it easy on my hands. I can't seem to do well with gloves on. Also,
I know nothing about recoil buffers or if this is an application for them.
All in all, I prefer revolvers! They are all dialed in to one-hollers.
Then, after the 1911 is where I want it, I will go after 9mm.

John D. February 27th 10 02:30 PM

The Gunner News Agency

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 00:32:06 -0500, "Buerste"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

When I was shooting the "standard" handload was a 185 semi wadcutter
with bullseye powder. The powder is immaterial to the feeding of
course. I loaded all of my practice ammo as the Air Force only
furnished us "Base Team" shooters with match ammo. Given that I shot
three - four days a week I must have loaded thousands of rounds and,
if I do say so myself, with very few malfunctions.

The lead bullet barrels all have a slightly enlarged and polished feed
ramp so that is the first thing to look for. Secondly, some magazines
don't seem to feed SWC very well. I thought it had something to do
with the angle the feed lips had and even made a mandrill to bend them
to the proper angle... Never could tell for sure if my theory was
correct or not. The extractor needs to be smooth and have a bit less
tension then what you can get by with on a hard-ball gun as the slide
is moving quite a bit slower.

You should be able to make up some dummy rounds with different bullet
protrusion and work the slide by hand to see is things are working. Do
this with the recoil spring in the gun. The extractor probably needs
more tension then you think - you can peen it a bit to add or subtract
from the pressure it exerts against the case rim.

Use a fairly heavy crimp. I had a taper crimper and really jammed the
case mouth into the bullet. If you are shooting targets measure case
length as that effects the crimp and pressures some, enough to tell in
a bench rest certainly.

After you get the top end so that it feeds all right you can worry
about the action.

I suggest that you start from the mechanical side of the equation. I'd
work up a load something like 185 gr./3.7 gr bullseye @ around 750-800
FPS and then adjust the length of the spring to eject. Of course, you
can use any load you want but start with a full spring and slowly
reduce tension until the gun doesn't malfunction. If it functions with
the full length spring don't cut it down any as that will cause the
slide to batter itself something fierce.

Assuming a good magazine the feed ramp, cartridge length and extractor
tension have the most effect on feeding. The angle on the ejector
governs the angle the case is ejected. Too flat an angle will
sometimes cause the case to get caught in the slide port.

For 50 yd. practice use a 185 gr. (you have 200 gr. so use it) with
something like 3.5 - 3.7 gr. of bullseye or another powder that gives
about the same velocity. Adjust the spring so the gun doesn't
malfunction. If you want to shoot hardball ammo change the recoil
spring for the full length spring!

You mention "main spring". that has very little to do with the gun's
functioning providing that it fires the primers.

To pull the slide back try it a bit differently. Hold the gun in your
right hand. Rotate your wrist until the gun is laying flat and grab
the slide in front of the ejection port in the palm of your left hand
with the thumb and forefinger toward the rear of the slide. Push with
the right hand and pull with the left. Magic!

By the way, if you have the trigger pull down below about 4 Lbs. hold
the hammer back with your thumb when you let the slide slam down. A
light trigger can jar off from the slam of the slide going closed.

The bullseye boys have been known to set a 1911 triggers to a 2.5 lb.
pull, but it usually causes problems at some point in time.. err,
don't ask me how I learned that :-(

Hopefully all this will get you going. If not let me know and I'll try
again.

John D.
(johnbslocombatgmaildotcom)

Larry Jaques[_2_] February 27th 10 05:01 PM

The Gunner News Agency

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:43:39 -0500, the infamous "Buerste"
scrawled the following:

[...]

Damnit, Tawm. Fix your quoting, will ya? I just called you on a
rangerssuck post. He's in my twit list (gee, wonder why) so I wouldn't
have seen his post had you not quoted it.

Buerste February 27th 10 07:26 PM

The Gunner News Agency

"John D." wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 00:32:06 -0500, "Buerste"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Thanks, a good plan to follow. I was a bit back-asswards thinking of tuning
the load to a 10# or so spring rather than the other way around. Wolff has
a low power kit. I know that magazine tuning is black magic that involves
chicken guts and a full moon. I started to make a mandrel and punch like in
the .45 Shop Manual but have high hope that my SA factory mags will step up
to the plate. I have been looking at Chip McCormick Power Mags and waiting
for them to go on sale, can't have too many! I was only considering the
main spring to reduce hammer tension but after reading more about the lower
mass Ti firing pin, I'll just leave it alone. The trigger is at 5# and very
crisp.

Bullseye and 700X are similar, my load range is 4.6gr - 5.3gr for 820-920
fps according to my books. Yet I'd like to get down to 700 or less. I have
yet to run any through the .45 but in .38 with 2.7gr, is no fun to
shoot...as the slugs all go in on hole, I keep wondering if it left the
barrel.

Hawke[_3_] February 27th 10 08:06 PM

The Gunner News Agency

Gee, I can't wait. The signal to noise ratio certainly improves when
he's not around.
**************

But I need to pick his brain about my 1911, I'm at a standstill trying to
figure out some issues.

If your gun is a new one before you do anything else you need to break
it in. That means you have to shoot at least a thousand and preferably
2000 rounds of ball ammo through it. That's hardball ammo. Don't shoot
anything but round nosed ammo until you break it in. After your gun is
good and broken in then you can worry about SWC lead bullets, lower
power recoil springs, and other things. If you haven't shot the gun
enough to get it good and broken in then you're getting way ahead of
yourself. Many times people have all kinds of problems with brand new
1911s. They need to be shot a lot before you even think of going on to
other things. Some 1911s are good to go right out of the box but many
need a break in period. Shoot a thousand rounds or so of ball ammo and
see what happens. Make sure you use Wilson Combat magazines too.

Hawke

Hawke[_3_] February 27th 10 08:10 PM

The Gunner News Agency

BTW, he emailed me yesterday and said he was OK but stranded in
HelL.A. for the past 3 weeks. Ailment: lackaducats.

He said "Passs the word along that Im ok, and will be back hammering
Leftwingers before longG"

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong
remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Gee, I can't wait. The signal to noise ratio certainly improves when
he's not around.
**************

But I need to pick his brain about my 1911, I'm at a standstill trying to
figure out some issues.

Damnit, Tawm. Fix your quoting, will ya? I just called you on a
rangerssuck post. He's in my twit list (gee, wonder why) so I wouldn't
have seen his post had you not quoted it.

Gee, it's a wonder Larry sees anyone's posts. He's got most of the group
killfiled. That's a right winger for you, can't stand to deal with
anyone except people he agrees with. It's truly a small and
undifferentiated world with folks like him. Nobody different ever gets in.

Hawke

[email protected] February 27th 10 09:51 PM

The Gunner News Agency

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 12:10:13 -0800, Hawke
wrote:

[...]

Well, he says he does...

That's a right winger for you, can't stand to deal with
anyone except people he agrees with. It's truly a small and
undifferentiated world with folks like him. Nobody different ever gets in.

And yet he seems to know exactly who to complain about, which is one
of the reasons I don't believe him.

He's always yakking about who he's *not* responding to. I assume
that's his way of getting in licks without any direct feedback. Never
mind the left-right angle, he's just another weasel who grudgingly
learned the limits of his "reasoning" ability. Rather than fix that,
he developed a lame posting style to compensate. Dollars to donuts
he's made a habit of similar strategies on every front, and has the
brokeass lifestyle to show for it.

Wayne

Wes[_2_] February 27th 10 11:38 PM

The Gunner News Agency

Larry Jaques wrote:

Damnit, Tawm. Fix your quoting, will ya? I just called you on a
rangerssuck post. He's in my twit list (gee, wonder why) so I wouldn't
have seen his post had you not quoted it.

After a certain level of filtering, it gets rather hard to tell what was going on.

Wes

Too_Many_Tools February 28th 10 01:26 AM

The Gunner News Agency

On Feb 27, 2:10*pm, Hawke wrote:
[...]

Hawke- Hide quoted text -

In my experience, that is the definition of a conservative.

Besides there is little elbow room in an airport bathroom stall.

TMT

John D. February 28th 10 01:33 AM

The Gunner News Agency

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 14:26:40 -0500, "Buerste"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

much snipped

[...]

Certainly some magazines feed well and some don't; and some that feed
"hardball" loads won't feed wadcutter loads. I used to tinker around
bending the feed lips and sometimes it worked... and sometimes it
didn't. Being a bullseye shooter I acquired four magazines that fed
wadcutter's and kept them in the gun box - problem solved :-)

You have to remember that when I was shooting you could buy 1911 parts
practically for the shipping costs, or is you were in the A.F. you
could make friends with the armory section and get 'em free.

I'm not too sure how much difference the mainspring, hammer and firing
pin really make. I once trimmed a hammer until it looked like a
straight bar; no possibility of thumbing it at all;. couldn't see a
point's difference in the scores.

Trigger pull - For a wadcutter gun - 3 lbs is minimum. For a hardball
gun it is 4 lbs. I suggest that you get a competent gunsmith to do a
trigger job and also install a trigger with a stop screw in it if you
don't have one. It does make a difference.

Note: A "hardball" gun is one set up to shoot in "Leg" matches, to
qualify for the Distinguished Marksman Medal, which is shot with
service issue ammunition and probably equates, in ammo, to most of the
action shooting that seems to be so popular.

As far as light loads go, they seem to range from a bit more then 700
fps to a bit over 800fps., and to be frank they are basically about as
low as you want to go. Some shooters make up 25 yd. and 50 yd. loads
and vary the powder by a tenth of a grain or so. J. Clark jr. even
makes up loads for using an optical sight mounted on the slide which
indicates that these loads are just about as light as you can get and
still have the action work reliable.

It isn't that heavy loads are less accurate, although they may be, it
is that when you are practicing and concentrating on sight alignment
and trigger squeeze having someone hit you in the hand with a baseball
bat every shot is disconcerting. And, if you can keep 'em all in the
black with light loads you can do just about as well with heavy loads.

John D. February 28th 10 01:43 AM

The Gunner News Agency

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 12:06:26 -0800, Hawke
wrote:

[...]

Question: Is this correct? I read various articles in gun magazines
about "breaking-in" guns but in my own experience, which stopped
abruptly in 1972, one bought a gun and it worked right out of the box
and if it didn't you took it back.

Certainly I never saw a 1911 that wouldn't function right out of the
box. Of course, the only 1911's in those days were either war-surplus
or made by Colt so I wonder; has manufacturing quality fallen that
far?

You break in your gun but not your automobile? Used to be 'tother way
round.

Buerste February 28th 10 05:17 AM

The Gunner News Agency

"John D." wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 14:26:40 -0500, "Buerste"
wrote:

"John D." wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 00:32:06 -0500, "Buerste"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

[...]

I always found the 1911 recoil comfortable with factory ball. My SA XD-9
9mm kicks like a mule!

Buerste February 28th 10 05:21 AM

The Gunner News Agency

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
[...]

Okey-dokey! I don't plonk often but today I killed Cliff, Curley, TMT and a
couple of others. I won't add to the noise anymore, it's senseless to feel
the libtard trolls, they'll never get it anyway.

Don Foreman February 28th 10 05:21 AM

The Gunner News Agency

wrote:

[...]

I have several semiautos. One of them, a Browning Buckmark .22LR, was
fussy about ammo at first. It's still a bit fussy after maybe 1500
rounds, but less so. Another that is slightly fussy about ammo is a
Colt 1911 Officer's which I got used. It appeared to have been carried
a lot but seldom fired. It had a bit of holster wear but the action
was and is tight as a tick. It's OK with factory ammo or handloads
that aren't too mild. 5.6 grains of W231 behind 200-grain lead SWC's
works well. That's a little lighter than Winchester White Box 230
grain but not a lot. I have chrony data, too lazy to get my range
notebook out.

The rest of them, including the SA 1911 "loaded", are quite unfussy
about ammo for reliable operation.

A recoil-operated semiauto (which is about all of them) needs some
"push back" from the shooter's grip to operate reliably. The inertial
mass of the frame isn't enough to get that done in the heavier
calibers. I've found .40S&W and .45ACP to be a bit more demanding
about that than 9mmp and smaller. Tom, you mention that you have
tender hands. Your problem might be that you're limpwristing your
..45. Please ignore anyone who tries to spin that comment as an
insult, it's merely a note from a fellow shooter. It matters
considerably less with your XD 9mmp and not at all with a revolver but
..40S&W and .45ACP require some starch in the shooter's grip. I had
that problem early on with my first handgun after a hiatus of 40
years, an XD .40. Figured it out after a couple hundred rounds,
stiffened up a bit to fix it.

I agree with Hawke about the Wilson Combat magazines I've had no
issue with the Springfield mags but I've had better experience with
Wilson than with the Colt mags for the 1911 Officer's.

Don Foreman February 28th 10 07:20 AM

The Gunner News Agency

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 00:17:40 -0500, "Buerste"
wrote:

It isn't that heavy loads are less accurate, although they may be, it
is that when you are practicing and concentrating on sight alignment
and trigger squeeze having someone hit you in the hand with a baseball
bat every shot is disconcerting. And, if you can keep 'em all in the
black with light loads you can do just about as well with heavy loads.

John D.
(johnbslocombatgmaildotcom)

I always found the 1911 recoil comfortable with factory ball. My SA XD-9
9mm kicks like a mule!

Perception of recoil is highly individual and personal. Ya gotta go
with what works for you. I find the recoil of an XD-9 to be
insignificant and the XD .40 not noticably different but I've found
the Kahr PM9 to be unacceptably harsh. I wouldn't own one if it was a
gift but I know that some petite women like it as a carry and have no
problem shooting it frequently for practice.

Fitch purely loves his 9mmp Glock and had no problem with the Kahr PM9
but regards any .40 as unacceptable -- but he purely enjoyed shooting
my 1911's. I found his .45 long colt revolver to be about on the edge
of my tolerance level but he seems to like it.

Funny how things work some days.

Buerste February 28th 10 09:23 AM

The Gunner News Agency

wrote:

[...]

Even with a Hogue rubber grip, my hand is numb and stings after 100 rds. in
the XD-9. I can shoot the 1911 all day. Even my .357 is comfortable. My
9mm P08 doesn't bother me. I know, it doesn't make sense. And, my .22
isn't too bad.

Buerste February 28th 10 09:37 AM

The Gunner News Agency

wrote:

[...]

I don't have an issue with factory rounds. I just got it to hand cycle
LSWCs after some extractor work. I have yet to fire my reloads through it.
I DO understand the wrist issue. I am just starting to make my first
batches of 20 each of 5 different loads. I have settled on an OAL at 1.170"
and they cycle like butter by hand. I'll hit the range Monday, they are too
crowded with yahoos on Sunday.

I always watch the shooters from the showroom window. Sometimes I'll wait
until some shooters are done and leave. I watch their muzzles, fingers and
etiquette. Any range that has holes in the celing and walls behind the line
deserves caution.

cavelamb February 28th 10 10:29 AM

The Gunner News Agency

Buerste wrote:
[...]

Maybe that's why I like my .380 so much.
It doesn't feel like a jack hammer

--

Richard Lamb

Wes[_2_] February 28th 10 01:02 PM

The Gunner News Agency

Hawke wrote:

[...]

What kind of 1911 are we discussing, a 1911 you can drop in the mud and do all the nasty
things to that were done to the M9 and other candidates to replace it or are we talking a
1911 that you shoot IDPA or PPC with? Those are two totally different firearms as far
tolerances, fit, and cleaning requirements.

Total agreement on having good mazazines. One should number theirs and keep track of
misfeeds, if any, to tie the problem to a potentially bad magazine.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

John D. February 28th 10 03:26 PM

The Gunner News Agency

wrote:

[...]

Interesting. I bought one of the long barrel S&W model 41's when they
first came out. Shot it for a while and later cut the barrel off (just
before S&W did :-) and shot it for ten years or more. It worked right
out of the box and never missed a lick in all the time I was shooting
it. to the best of my recollection I never has a malfunction with it.

Your comment about the firm grip is very topical. Most beginning
shooters, shooting centerfire guns, have a lot of wrist movement. If
you watch an experienced shooter you can see that there is almost no
wrist movement. the shoulder moves back a bit and the arm moves up but
the wrist stays straight.

John D. February 28th 10 03:31 PM

The Gunner News Agency

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 08:02:31 -0500, Wes wrote:

Hawke wrote:

[...]

Actually, there are probably three kinds of 1911. The issue guns that
in many cases were loose enough to rattle if you shook them; the Colt
or other civilian guns and are pretty loose but don't rattle and the
accurcized one from a gunsmith. But if I paid the money and had
someone build me a PPC or IDPA gun and they told me that it needed
breaking in I believe that I'd find a better gunsmith.

Larry Jaques[_2_] February 28th 10 05:14 PM

The Gunner News Agency

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 00:21:35 -0500, the infamous "Buerste"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

Damnit, Tawm. Fix your quoting, will ya? I just called you on a
rangerssuck post. He's in my twit list (gee, wonder why) so I wouldn't
have seen his post had you not quoted it.

Okey-dokey! I don't plonk often but today I killed Cliff, Curley, TMT and a
couple of others. I won't add to the noise anymore, it's senseless to feel
the libtard trolls, they'll never get it anyway.

We'll try to hold you to this more tightly than we did the first
couple time you said it. ;)

Thanks, BTW.

--
Pessimist: One who, when he has the choice of two evils, chooses both.
--Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Buerste February 28th 10 09:10 PM

The Gunner News Agency

[...]

Relapses from recovery. Besides, too many things going on, work is busy,
jobs around the house, guns to tune and ammo to make. I still have the
catalog/webpage pix and copy to do, etc, etc,... Political bantering will
have to take a back seat and spanking the libfarts is getting old. They're
on their way back into obscurity anyway now that the public is hurting and
blaming the libtards who aren't even trying to mask their Socialist/Marxist
agenda anymore. Arrogant ****s!

Buerste February 28th 10 09:24 PM

The Gunner News Agency

wrote:

[...]

It's how quickly can you get the sight picture back by distributing the
recoil over more muscle and bone and have the muscle memory to compensate.
Shooting follow-up shots with closed eyes tells a lot about grip issues.

Buerste February 28th 10 09:40 PM

The Gunner News Agency

Hawke wrote:

[...]

Mine is a SA Loaded and I don't believe it needs breaking in either. I
bought it from a guy with money problems and he said he only ran 100 rounds
through it. Upon inspection, I believed him. The only time I had any
problems were with Wolf ammo and it was dirty and Wolf ammo gets it filthy
very quickly. The extractor had some bad file marks on it and it was quite
bent and was really, really tight on the hook. I could see how the rim
groove wouldn't slide under it and thus the three-point jam. I just followed
the instructions in Jerry Kuhnhausen's "The Colt .45 Automatic - A shop
Manual"

Too_Many_Tools March 1st 10 02:38 AM

The Gunner News Agency

On Feb 28, 11:14*am, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 00:21:35 -0500, the infamous "Buerste"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
Damnit, Tawm. Fix your quoting, will ya? *I just called you on a
rangerssuck post. He's in my twit list (gee, wonder why) so I wouldn't
have seen his post had you not quoted it.

Okey-dokey! *I don't plonk often but today I killed Cliff, Curley, TMT and a
couple of others. *I won't add to the noise anymore, it's senseless to feel
the libtard trolls, they'll never get it anyway.

We'll try to hold you to this more tightly than we did the first
couple time you said it. *;)

Thanks, BTW.

--
Pessimist: One who, when he has the choice of two evils, chooses both.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * --Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

*Snicker*

Of course he lies about the filtering...that is what a winger does.

It also gives us an unique view into his ethics...which tells us that
one should not trust him in a business transaction.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools March 1st 10 02:40 AM

The Gunner News Agency

On Feb 28, 3:10*pm, "Buerste" wrote:
[...]

agenda anymore. *Arrogant ****s!- Hide quoted text -

LOL...so it is starting to sink in that your actions here affect your
bottom line.

And they say that you can't teach old wingers new tricks.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools March 1st 10 02:44 AM

The Gunner News Agency

wrote:

[...]

Shooting follow-up shots with closed eyes tells a lot about grip issues.- Hide quoted text -

As a diabetic slowly goes blind, be able to shoot blind would be a
plus.

Of course it also means that your shooting days are quickly coming to
an end.

Better use of your time is to stop wasting time on Usenet and to start
studying Braille.

TMT

Hawke[_3_] March 1st 10 03:14 AM

The Gunner News Agency

[...]

The thing about argument, and by that I don't mean bickering or a fight,
but an intellectual argument, is that it's a real learning tool if you
use it properly. Say that you make an argument about something. You
believe in what you said and you think you gave good reasons for why you
believe what you do. But then you hear some responses from other people
with different points of view on what you believe. Suppose out of these
other arguments you hear one of them convinces you that what you
believed was in error and so you change your mind. The introduction of
new and different ideas made you change your view to something
different. That's how argument is supposed to work because it allows you
to grow. You either find your argument is a decisive one and the others
are inferior or you find yours is inferior and so you change it.

But here is where the problem comes in for the right winger. He doesn't
even want to hear anyone's argument that he doesn't like. So he cuts out
everyone's arguments except those he agrees with. By doing this he's
never able to learn anything new and he's never able to learn that what
he thinks is untrue. In the real world that is a real handicap because
it holds you back and keeps you from leaning new ideas. You take that
handicap and the one where no matter what anyone else argues you never
accept it as valid and you have two reasons why right wingers are not
considered to be very intelligent. That behavior pattern contributes to
their inability to learn new things, add that to their lower levels of
intelligence, and education and you can see why they have trouble
learning. Knowing that you can see why right wingers never want to
change anything.

Hawke

Hawke[_3_] March 1st 10 03:31 AM

The Gunner News Agency

On 2/28/2010 2:29 AM, cavelamb wrote:
Buerste wrote:
[...]

The thing about recoil is that the perception of it is very personal.
Everybody feels it differently. You shoot a gun and think it has very
little recoil and your friend tries it and says it's a beast. So what
gives? I think a lot of it is ergonomics. The way a gun fits you is
individual and so is how the recoil seems to you. Other things factor in
too. The lighter the gun the more the recoil. The heaver bullets produce
more recoil too. The kind of grip material and the shape matter. The way
it operates mechanically matters too. There are a lot of factors but it
all boils down to how it feels to you. If it hurts you then the recoil
is bad, period. If it doesn't then the recoil is soft. It's hard to
explain. Take your .380. Almost all .380s kick hard. But they do because
of the way they operate. They are "blowback" operated semi autos.
Because of their operation they kick hard even though they are a small
caliber weapon. You think yours is easy. It's all in how it feels to
you. But there is a way to measure recoil too by its power factor. A
factory .45 ACP has a power factor of over 200. Most guns are less than
that and most folks find that too much to handle. That's the reason most
people are better off with a .38 Spl or a 9mm. The power factor is more
like 135 or 150 and people can shoot them more accurately and faster.
Which is always a good thing.

Hawke

Hawke[_3_] March 1st 10 03:36 AM

The Gunner News Agency

Relapses from recovery. Besides, too many things going on, work is busy,
jobs around the house, guns to tune and ammo to make. I still have the
catalog/webpage pix and copy to do, etc, etc,... Political bantering will
have to take a back seat and spanking the libfarts is getting old. They're
on their way back into obscurity anyway now that the public is hurting and
blaming the libtards who aren't even trying to mask their Socialist/Marxist
agenda anymore. Arrogant ****s!- Hide quoted text -

LOL...so it is starting to sink in that your actions here affect your
bottom line.

And they say that you can't teach old wingers new tricks.

You mean that's not right? I thought it was just common knowledge that
you can't teach wingers anything. They think they already know
everything so how are you going to teach one of them anything new? You
can't. I thought everyone knew that.

Hawke

Don Foreman March 1st 10 05:22 AM

The Gunner News Agency

Buerste wrote:
[...]

"Power factor" is just another name for momentum. It is the product
of muzzle velocity (in ft/sec) and bullet mass (weight)in grains
divided by 1000. Impulse (force * time) is equal to momentum, though
getting recognizable units would require a constant. Peak force is
what is felt as recoil. The mass of the pistol affects peak force
because it accelerates less and more slowly for given force so a
heavier piece will have less perceived recoil for the same "power
factor". So a 12-oz .380 can be quite "snappy" and a 14.5-oz
airweight .38 special downright painful, while a 40-oz .45ACP or a
44-oz .357 Magnum can be quite pleasant to shoot.

Too_Many_Tools March 1st 10 07:35 AM

The Gunner News Agency

On Feb 28, 9:14*pm, Hawke wrote:
[...]

Well said Hawke.