Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Decimal to Drill Size Conversion - now with RPM calculation

Hi all -

Thanks to more feedback from a couple of newsgroup regulars we updated
the decimal to fraction converter yet again to make the display a bit
more intuitive and useful in the shop.

In addition to showing the next larger fractional, letter/number and
metric size drill bits corresponding to a decimal value input, plus the
next two larger and smaller drills - and the clearance, it now also
displays target RPM for a particular drill size,

It defaults to 60 SFPM (a good start for mild steel) and you can tweak
the value depending on the material being cut or drilled.

The executable is compressed in "Fractions.zip" and downloadable from
http://www.carlafongphotography.com/utilities/ Shareware, so if it is
helpful to you, send us a couple of bucks.

Eventually I should upload it to the dropbox, but as long as I'm
updating occasionally it seems best to keep it on my site.

Still Windows only... additional comments appreciated.

Help yourselves!

Carla

If you were a normal human sitting at home having a beer and watching
national politics peripherally, as normal people do until they focus on
an election, chances are pretty good you came to see the two major
parties not as the Dems versus the Reps, or the blue versus the red, but
as the Nuts versus the Creeps. The Nuts were for high spending and
taxing and the expansion of government no matter what. The Creeps were
hypocrites who talked one thing and did another, who went along on the
spending spree while lecturing on fiscal solvency. ~ Peggy Noonan