Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Plot to Wreck America

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 18:30:21 -0600, the infamous Jeff M
scrawled the following:

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Jeff M wrote:
Ed Huntress wrote:
[snip]
But you haven't told us what a "conservative" economic policy would be, if
it's true we haven't had one in recent years.
I think Haiti is one example of a place with minimal regulation, largely
unfettered capitalism, low taxes, and small government. All in all, it
should be a conservative's paradise.

Haiti is a place with *no* government to speak of -- not exactly my idea of a
paradise. I agree with Jefferson: "all men ... are endowed by their Creator
with certain inalienable rights ... that governments are instituted among men
to secure these rights" -- where there is *no* government, there is no
protection of anyone's rights.

Haiti does have a government, a small one, with limited scope and power,
which accords with the conservative's claimed vision for America. Of
course, when the Right speaks of "limited government" they usually just
mean government "limited to Right wingers only." But, with such a
limited government, low taxes, minimal regulation, and wide open
Darwinian capitalism, why isn't Haiti flourishing?

If you had been beaten, raped, taxed, and had most of your life stolen
while watching half your family being killed by the gov't for the past
30 years, I'd like to see you flourish after a few years of decent
gov't, Jeff. First, they have to recover: mentally, physically, and
economically. And you libtards wonder -why- we exclude you? Ha!

'Course, a massive quake doesn't help any of that, either, does it?

I wonder what the temps are in Haiti right now. From an email I
received this morning: "P.S. Did you hear it snowed here in the FL for
the first time since the Ice Age? I had to teach the local residents
not to eat yellow snow."

--
What helps luck is a habit of watching for opportunities, of
having a patient, but restless mind, of sacrificing one's