Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Satelite tv remote antenna

Dish network came and installed satelite service. On a few of the back
room tv's there are little antennas for the remote coing out of a
splitter.

All of a sudden, unless the remote is almost touching the little
antenna, the remote wont work the satelite from the back bedrooms.

I looked at the back of the satelite box in the bedroom and where it
has a jack for the antenna is a coax. SO I assume somehow they are
running these remote antennas through the coax.

So, what is my best was to fix this thing?

Also, looking at his installation it is weird. It almost looks as if
he used a three way splitter as a diplexer, with sat and over the air
antenna hooked to the outs on the splitter and the in on the splitter
going to my bedroom tv. Is it possible to use a splitter this way?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 05:38:48 -0800 (PST), stryped
wrote:

Dish network came and installed satelite service. On a few of the back
room tv's there are little antennas for the remote coing out of a
splitter.

All of a sudden, unless the remote is almost touching the little
antenna, the remote wont work the satelite from the back bedrooms.

I looked at the back of the satelite box in the bedroom and where it
has a jack for the antenna is a coax. SO I assume somehow they are
running these remote antennas through the coax.

So, what is my best was to fix this thing?

Also, looking at his installation it is weird. It almost looks as if
he used a three way splitter as a diplexer, with sat and over the air
antenna hooked to the outs on the splitter and the in on the splitter
going to my bedroom tv. Is it possible to use a splitter this way?

The llittle antenna, if it's the same as my Dish box, is a
TRANSMITTING antenna for using a remote tv in another room off of that
box. The remote tv is set to channel 73 or somesuch and you can use
the tuner in the living room, or wherever it is, without having to run
a cable to the other room. I wasn't really happy with that set up so
I went up into the attic and put a splitter in the main line from the
dish and put another box in the front bedroom.

Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

You let them put a TV TRANSMITTER in your bedroom???

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

IF the sat signal is on a channel not used locally, then the splitter used
as a combiner should work
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

"stryped" wrote in message
Dish network came and installed satelite service.

-SNIP-
Also, looking at his installation it is weird. It almost looks as if
he used a three way splitter as a diplexer, with sat and over the air
antenna hooked to the outs on the splitter and the in on the splitter
going to my bedroom tv. Is it possible to use a splitter this way?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

No it's in the living room and is part of the master dvr converter.
It has a range of about 50 feet and is used to send a signal from the
master box to a tv in another room. I don't use it.

Jim