Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A Well Regulated Militia

Buerste wrote:

"Hawke" wrote in message

Well thought out! We all know that there are no simple issues
involving
firearms.

Now hold on there just a galdarn minute. How many times have you
claimed that everybody who disagrees with your crackpot ravings is a
leftist receiving "cheese checks"? And didn't you consider Hawke one
of those leftists right up until he said something about guns that you
agreed with? Is he now immune from being called a leftist? Will his
cheese checks now cease? Keeerist.

Except that Hawke is still a leftist and it wasn't even an original
thought. Doubtful that he even read any of Machiavelli's works. A
simple Google search of the term "Machiavelli well regulated
militia" reveals where Hawke plagiarized his "original" thought
from. Besides, anyone ho knows anything about Machiavelli is aware
that he only wrote in Italian.

Hawke is way out there on most things. On firearms, we usually agree.

Just thought you might want to know where I got the Machiavelli quote.
It came from a book I just finished reading titled A History of
Warfare by John Keegan. It's a direct quote from that book. You may
disagree with me on just about everything but do know that what I say
is accurate. I don't just throw **** around for the hell of it like
some people around here. Also, as someone who is financially
conservative, pro guns, and anti immigration, I think the label
"leftist" is not what I am. I have too many disagreements with true
leftists. I know real leftists and I argue with them all the time and
think their views on lots of things are out to lunch. The problem is
that people who are politically far to the right think anyone who
disagrees with them is
a leftist. But when you are way out in right field everyone looks to
be to the left.

One last thing, as a political scientist I had to read Machiavelli,
and to those who are too unaware to know it, his works have been
translated into English.

Hawke

As I have told you many times, I'm NOT a Republican and you usually try
to put me in that box. I'm more liberal in a lot of areas than most
Democrats. The things that irk me the most involve stealing money under
the guise of doing something noble yet in reality it's only to fill the
coffers of some select few. THAT is what I associate with the "Left"
the most. But, the "Right" has the same problem. It's the waste, the
lies and the immorality I can't stand. Those that believe that their
agenda justifies their means.

I find it interesting that some people I disagree with resort to ad
hominem attacks rather than refute what I have to say. Just read from
my "fan club". You'd think they stay awake nights thinking these petty
attacks. But they seem to enjoy it so...

I certainly don't mind spirited disagreement and will read what someone
has to say. (Except for the very few I have blocked.)

Your post leads me to believe that we may have a lot more things we are
in agreement with than people would think. Like I said, I'm a moderate
on many issues, conservative on some, and liberal on others. Like Monty
Python's book was titled, How to argue with anyone, I am a full service
arguer. It's just that this group is so full of right wingers spouting
off far right views that it creates an atmosphere where you have to
argue with them or they will dominate the debate. The other thing is
that now Democrats are in power and are running things it is them that I
will be finding fault with. I always have.

Hawke