Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Time to get tougher

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 15:55:32 -0800, Hawke
wrote:

Most people don't get a college degree in anything. I think the figure
is something like 26% of adults that graduate from college. Only 4% get
an advanced degree. I'm sure most people in this newsgroup don't have
one.

I do.

I commend your pursuit of education, but you're a bit short of midway
on your journey.

An educated man will try to understand viewpoints he initially
disagrees with based on his understanding at that point.

An educated man never knows all of the answers nor even all of the
questions. Education is not an accomplishment, a checked box; it is a
a process that continues throughout the life of a scholar.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Most people don't get a college degree in anything. I think the figure
is something like 26% of adults that graduate from college. Only 4% get
an advanced degree. I'm sure most people in this newsgroup don't have
one.

I do.

I commend your pursuit of education, but you're a bit short of midway
on your journey.

An educated man will try to understand viewpoints he initially
disagrees with based on his understanding at that point.

An educated man never knows all of the answers nor even all of the
questions. Education is not an accomplishment, a checked box; it is a
a process that continues throughout the life of a scholar.

I can't find anything you said that I would disagree with.

Hawke