Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default But I thought tree give off carbon dioxide

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 21:16:30 -0600, the infamous "Alfred Pennyworth"
scrawled the following:

"Lib Loo" wrote in message

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in message
diainc...
Lib Loo wrote:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...culture-chief/

Plan to turn farms into forest worries Obama official

By Edward Felker

[snip]

"That's one of the realities of cap-and-trade legislation. The biggest
bang for your buck for carbon credits is planting trees," she said.

That's an issue with the structure of the credits and regulations, not
the
science.

The problem with trees is that they only soak up carbon until the forrest
reaches maturity. Then they are carbon neutral. If you can go in and cut
the trees down before they get old, the carbon removed from the
environment is equal to the carbon hauled out of the forrest on logging
trucks.

But people become emotionally attached to trees and try to keep them
around
long after they've stopped soaking up CO2.

Hehehe. Sounds like my neighbor's prized cherry tree died. It died 30
years ago but she won't cut it down. All branches but one have rotted
off. It's 9' tall with a 5" max diameter.

What kind of tree do you think Obama is?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_X2Xd1iOmM

Tree? He's less than a shrub, some sort of low growing weed.

Himalayan Blackberry, a type which (theory) promises nice treats but
(reality) ends up growing far beyond its means and ripping you to
shreads every time you deal with it closely.

Typical Demonrat.

--
It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars.
-- Garrison Keillor