Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default "Cash for Cloture" under scrutiny!

Stuart Wheaton wrote:

From the beginning, the GOP had one plan. Kill it. period, no
negotiation, just try to peel off one vote. They will grudgingly
acknowledge that there were some troubles, but they never even attempted
a small cure while they held power, and I will not trust that they might
do so later if this Bill fails.

That's just not true.
Republicans have offered, at last count, 17 alternative proposals,
several of which actually made sense and appeared constitutional.

All we really need is to remove most of the territorial protections we
give to the pharmas and the insurance companies, and let competitive
markets work.