Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I predict .......

that if this health care abomination is enacted, and a lot of lower class
Americans start dying, that a lot of higher class Americans will die, too.
Just not of natural causes. We seem to be on the cusp of some serious class
infighting here.

MHO, YMMV, and all that.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 22, 5:07*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
that if this health care abomination is enacted, and a lot of lower class
Americans start dying, that a lot of higher class Americans will die, too..
Just not of natural causes. *We seem to be on the cusp of some serious class
infighting here.

MHO, YMMV, and all that.

I know a lot of so called "higher class" Americans and I have yet to
hear one of them say they want Obamacare. The only ones I hear wanting
it are Union members, social workers or unemployed.

DL
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"TwoGuns" wrote in message
On Dec 22, 5:07 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
that if this health care abomination is enacted, and a lot of lower class
Americans start dying, that a lot of higher class Americans will die, too.
Just not of natural causes. We seem to be on the cusp of some serious
class
infighting here.

MHO, YMMV, and all that.

I know a lot of so called "higher class" Americans and I have yet to
hear one of them say they want Obamacare. The only ones I hear wanting
it are Union members, social workers or unemployed.

DL

I am curious, Do you pay for your own health insurance (as I do) or is it
supplied by your employer or are you on Medicare? Have you ever been denied
health insurance because of a pre existing condition?
Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Up North" wrote in message

"TwoGuns" wrote in message
On Dec 22, 5:07 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
that if this health care abomination is enacted, and a lot of lower class
Americans start dying, that a lot of higher class Americans will die,
too.
Just not of natural causes. We seem to be on the cusp of some serious
class
infighting here.

MHO, YMMV, and all that.

I know a lot of so called "higher class" Americans and I have yet to
hear one of them say they want Obamacare. The only ones I hear wanting
it are Union members, social workers or unemployed.

DL

http://www.crystalair.com/images/bigad-11.jpg

Paper says a lot of blue dogs are turning red.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Up North wrote:

"TwoGuns" wrote in message
On Dec 22, 5:07 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
that if this health care abomination is enacted, and a lot of lower class
Americans start dying, that a lot of higher class Americans will die, too.
Just not of natural causes. We seem to be on the cusp of some serious
class
infighting here.

MHO, YMMV, and all that.

I know a lot of so called "higher class" Americans and I have yet to
hear one of them say they want Obamacare. The only ones I hear wanting
it are Union members, social workers or unemployed.

DL

I am curious, Do you pay for your own health insurance (as I do) or is it
supplied by your employer or are you on Medicare? Have you ever been denied
health insurance because of a pre existing condition?
Steve

Teetering on 6 digit income, I'm probably one of those "higher class"
folks.

I'm quite happy with my current health insurance, however I don't use it
a whole lot, so I haven't had opportunities to run into denied claims or
similar issues. My allergist visits and extract have been covered 100%
($25 office visit co-pay on my quarterly visits), so that has been fine.

I've been getting fed up with a lot of things lately and have been
plotting a non-standard early retirement plan (mostly self sufficient
hermit mode). If I follow this plan I would end up uninsured, so if
ObummerCare happens and provides me with government health care, it will
only further assist me in removing myself from the working and thus
federal tax paying population.

I suspect that if we do get ObummerCare there are a lot of other folks
who would take that government health care as the last removed obstacle
to removing themselves from the workforce as well, making the
ObummerCare that much more expensive for those left working.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Up North wrote:

"TwoGuns" wrote in message
On Dec 22, 5:07 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

Most of those people are already old enough for Medicare and I don't know
that the new health plan will offer that much more. There are also a lot of
Americans that might give up "safe jobs" and take a little more risk in
their own business if they knew they could afford health care for their
family.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:07:09 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

that if this health care abomination is enacted, and a lot of lower class
Americans start dying, that a lot of higher class Americans will die, too.
Just not of natural causes. We seem to be on the cusp of some serious class
infighting here.

MHO, YMMV, and all that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc_-L...layer_embedded

Pay attention to what Ive stated about death of the Leftwing.

Shrug..stock up and keep your eyes open.

When the bodies start hitting the pavement...stike back.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 22, 6:03*pm, "Up North" wrote:
"TwoGuns" wrote in message

On Dec 22, 5:07 pm, "Steve B" wrote:

that if this health care abomination is enacted, and a lot of lower class
Americans start dying, that a lot of higher class Americans will die, too.
Just not of natural causes. We seem to be on the cusp of some serious
class
infighting here.

MHO, YMMV, and all that.

I know a lot of so called "higher class" Americans and I have yet to
hear one of them say they want Obamacare. The only ones I hear wanting
it are Union members, social workers or unemployed.

DL

I am curious, Do you pay for your own health insurance (as I do) or is it
supplied by your employer or are you on Medicare? Have you ever been denied
health insurance because of a pre existing condition?
Steve

Yes to all the above at one time or another.
Your point is?
DL
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

ATP* wrote:
"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...
Up North wrote:
"TwoGuns" wrote in message
On Dec 22, 5:07 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

If things keep going as planned, in 7 years or so, I will have paid off
the mortgages on my rental properties, and can replace my current income
from that source. If there is some decent form of national health
insurance, I will be able to 'retire' into a real estate/rental/rehab
business. Otherwise, I will have to keep my current job for the
insurance it provides. The ability to move out of the workforce also
opens jobs to the rest of the population. And taking a senior employee
out of the shop and replacing him with a new hire will also cut costs
for the employer.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 22, 8:02*pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Up North wrote:

"TwoGuns" wrote in message
On Dec 22, 5:07 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

So that plan is no good because it's too good?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"TwoGuns" wrote in message

On Dec 22, 5:07 pm, "Steve B" wrote:

[...]

I am talking about now, not the past. In the past there were a whole bunch
of folks that had health insurance they could afford and not just the
"higher class". I don't fit into any of the other three groups you mention
but I damn sure don't think the system is working now.
Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

that if this health care abomination is enacted, and a lot of lower class
Americans start dying, that a lot of higher class Americans will die, too.
Just not of natural causes. We seem to be on the cusp of some serious
class
infighting here.

MHO, YMMV, and all that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc_-L...layer_embedded

Pay attention to what Ive stated about death of the Leftwing.

Shrug..stock up and keep your eyes open.

When the bodies start hitting the pavement...stike back.

Gunner

We have seen all manner of lunatics taking their revenge on society,
institutions, and special interest groups. I am saying that when lots of
"little people" start dying from denying of lifesaving and life extending
medicine, that there will be a lot of people out there with scores to
settle. And they will want to settle those scores with people who enacted
that legislation, not wanting to wait years for a ballot box payback. And I
think some of these people who will be diagnosed with terminal conditions,
but not treated may take up arms to do the deed themselves, as what are they
going to do, throw them in jail for the rest of their lives? And that's IF
they live through the trial. Public spectacular public suicides, and
suicide bombings are not out of the question, either. I just personally
think it's going to get ugly, and a few new words will be added to our ever
growing vocabulary ..........

remember when we didn't have:
drive by shooting
going postal

and lots of more new words and phrases to describe new things that pop up
every few years.

I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stuart Wheaton wrote:

ATP* wrote:
"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...
Up North wrote:
"TwoGuns" wrote in message
On Dec 22, 5:07 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

My plan will hopefully have me retired by 45, and taking $30k+/yr of
Fed/SS/Med taxes out of the system. If there is some national health
care I have no doubt that there are quite a few others who will do the
same, and this will represent a big hit to Fed tax revenues.

The ability to move out of the workforce also
opens jobs to the rest of the population.

Not really true, in many cases it's jobs that will be gone for good, or
will be replaced by very low end ones. This is another hit to Fed tax
revenues.

And taking a senior employee
out of the shop and replacing him with a new hire will also cut costs
for the employer.

That cost cut for the employer also represents a tax revenue cut to the
Feds, at the same time they are spending more for this expanded gov
health care.

They can't figure out how to pay for this national health care now,
without accounting for this likely substantial cut in tax revenues as a
side effect of removing the need for a good job to get good health care.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 22:40:50 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

As Ive mentioned before...shrug..take it as you wish..I had Vision # 6
while in the hospital after my stroke..and it involved the massive death
counts of the Leftwingers. Since Visions 1-5 came true, and as a result
Im still alive because I paid attention to them....I will certainly be
paying attention to #6.

Perhaps it wasnt a true Vision,...perhaps it was. Either way..it costs
little to prepare and ponder just in case.

Got a Leftwinger in your AO that needs termination? Shrug...its not a
bad hobby keeping track of a favorite Enemy of the People.

The big names..the DNC party hacks etc etc..are all out of reach for
most of us and have literally thousands of people who have earmarked
them..so look closer to home. After all..nits make lice..so even nits
need taking care of.

Based on my best wild assed guess..there will be 10-15 million armed and
****ed off individuals who will take the plunge when the time comes.
Since there are about 175,000 Leftwingers of note controlling things in
the US....Id say that "saturation" is a given. So pick out a less
notorious Leftwinger in your AO...local government, educator, college
administrator....shrug...some leftwing asshole who has ****ed you or
someone you know off badly.

plan, replan, when appropriate Act, then go home and keep your mouth
shut. Shrug....given the total numbers of Leftwingers that will
suddenly start assuming room temperature...it would be such a drag on
any investigative services that most will simply toss up their hands in
overload.

I will of course, being a harmless lovable fuzzball, be sitting on my
front porch, playing riffs on the banjo as I listen to the increasing
body counts, and maintaining a huge ****ing smile on my face.

Except for that short period of time that I have to deal with a car load
of bad people who stopped out front to rob me. Shrug

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

It appears that you have already been robbed!

Plink

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

LOL Apparently you forgot what you just wrote in a different post:
"I dont think about killing much". Yet here you are fantasizing about
killing as you do pretty much daily. A typical blowhard gun crazy who
hasn't a clue that he's an astonishingly effective advertisement for
gun control. Sheeet, if a gun-control advocate was looking for Usenet
posts to help make his case that there are a lot of loons who are in
need of mental health evaluation, then your posts couldn't be beat.
You're like the hunters who leave a trail of trash, shot-up signs and
open gates wherever they go, and then can't figure out why no-hunting
signs are springing up like mushrooms.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

You seem oblivious to the last few decades. We've gone from life in
Suburbia with 2.3 kids and a dog, and where the husband can provide for all
the family. People went to church. Kids were paddled at school when they
were bad. You could smack your own kid if he said "**** you" and DCS
wouldn't be called. You didn't have to worry about your kid calling 911 and
turning you in for abuse. Drugs were something only rich Bohemians did.

Fast forward to today.

We've already been robbed.

Wish I could say it's been nice talking to you, but I can't. Keep your head
buried and keep waiting for Barry to deliver that hope and change in a UPS
box. And I hope that the company you work for is still in business next
year and your job hasn't been outsourced to Nigeria. I hope that when your
kid gets leukemia that you can give him some real medicine instead of
reading to him out of the Little Red Books that Obama will surely publish
for each komrade.

You haven't been here long, and already you've shown what a closed minded
person you are.

PLONK, and hope your eyes open up soon, little puppy.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I do not normally reply to these kinds of posts, as it should not be a topic in a metalworking newsgroup, but this time I will
make an exception to my rule because the topic is so important. Our country became wealthy and powerful because the ambitious were
not encumbered by the burden of non-producers within our society. So what has changed? The non-producers, the weak, the
disenchanted, the lazy etc. are now a large enough voice to steal away the principals that have allowed our country to become
great by voting for the politicians that advocate the free lunch. We the citizens of this once great nation, have taken our eye
off the ball and allowed this transformation to take place. The consequences will be severe. There will be violence, crime,
decreased national productivity, increased unemployment, less opportunity for achievers, increased poverty and overall less
national competitiveness. Our government, which we elected, will reduce our living standard to match the third world in the name
of equality. Although men may be born equal, it doesn't last long. Through hard work, opportunity and personal discipline the
achievers advance their well being and personal wealth through success in their chosen endeavor and the lesser men fall behind.
This is natural selection. It can be cold and heartless at times I admit. Life is not always fair and everybody deserves a second
chance when they falter, but the utopian free lunch is unaffordable and we the people have allowed this to happen. Can this trend
be reversed? I for one don't think so. Our values have been lost, personal responsibility no longer is a common trait. The only
question is to ask what you, as an individual, are willing to do about it.
Steve

"Steve B" wrote in message ...
that if this health care abomination is enacted, and a lot of lower class Americans start dying, that a lot of higher class
Americans will die, too. Just not of natural causes. We seem to be on the cusp of some serious class infighting here.

MHO, YMMV, and all that.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

As I understand, the two income family is partly based on
keeping up with the Joneses. But mostly account of higher
taxes.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

and where the husband can provide for all
the family.

This has been the direct result of normal economic forces
and is
entirely reversible.

The cost of goods is a direct function of how much the
average consumer
can afford to pay for them. With the shift to dual income
families
becoming the norm, this meant that the household had more
funds
available and thus the suppliers of the goods those
consumers wanted
could charge more for them without a drop in sales volume.
Things looked
good initially since there is always lag time to economic
changes so
initially the dual income families could have an apparent
higher
standard of living.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Anything liberals touch; the price goes way up. Easy bet.
You win the bet, but lose (as a person) account of your
costs go up.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"steamer" wrote in message
--I pay $18,ooo/yr for health insurance now; I predict that,
with
the loss of the 'public option' and the gutting of the
intent of the
legislation, my insurance rates will increase.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Currently broke and
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : looking for a job...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

To make health care better, they would have to repeal a
bunch of harmful laws. Neither party appears willing to
repeal any laws.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Up North" wrote in message

It is too bad both parties
stand on their side of the fence throwing s*it at each other
instead of
working to correct problems with healthcare and other issues
plaguing
America.
Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Shrug..As I stated quite clearly.....I hope Im wrong. And only time
will tell if I am or not.

What most regular folks dont realize..is that the Left/Right conflict is
probably at its most strained point in any period of American history.
And its getting worse as the Great Depression Part Deux evolves.

Now you can sputter and flap your arms in dismay...shrug..makes no
difference one way or another. Neither one of us will have any say in
the matter, one way or another.

I foresee a mixture of all the Days of Rage from the 60s, the Black
Riots of the 60s-90s etc etc all writ large all across the nation.

Hope Im wrong. Hope you are right.

But..Im stocking up on food, med supplies and so on and so forth.

I live in a very small town in a very Red area of California, way the
**** out in the middle of the desert...so with luck...if Im right...we
wont have much problems when the fecal material hit the impeller.

If Im right..and you are wrong...gonna suck to be you. If you are right
and Im wrong...Ill have plenty of food and whatnot laid away and life
will simply go on.

Shrug. Im not here to force you do do ****. Each man makes his own
plans, and has to live with them come what may.

I just hope you are right. Because if you arent..you are likely to be in
deep deep ****.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 12:03:38 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

I predict some message in this thread will exceed 200 lines!

Did you "see" this in a vision? Or it simply a matter of logic?
:-)
Regards,

J.B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Anything liberals touch; the price goes way up. Easy bet.
You win the bet, but lose (as a person) account of your
costs go up.

Conservatives controlled the whole federal government for the last eight
out of nine years. They could have passed any laws they wanted to change
health care. They left it completely alone. Prices for insurance during
that period skyrocketed. So what do you say about conservatives when the
prices went up under their control, the number of uninsured went up,
and no improvements were made in our health care system? You can't do
worse than that.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Anything liberals touch; the price goes way up. Easy bet. You win the
bet, but lose (as a person) account of your costs go up.

Conservatives controlled the whole federal government for the last eight
out of nine years. They could have passed any laws they wanted to change
health care. They left it completely alone. Prices for insurance during
that period skyrocketed. So what do you say about conservatives when the
prices went up under their control, the number of uninsured went up, and
no improvements were made in our health care system? You can't do worse
than that.

Hawke

Actually you need to do a little learning. They only controlled for 6 of
the 9 years. And under a Democrat controlled Congress for the last 2 years
we had a real meltdown.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Up North" wrote

snipped

Morphed already, you slimy sucker?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 21:03:18 -0800, "Bill McKee"
wrote:
snip
Conservatives controlled the whole federal government for the last eight
out of nine years. They could have passed any laws they wanted to change
health care. They left it completely alone. Prices for insurance during
that period skyrocketed. So what do you say about conservatives when the
prices went up under their control, the number of uninsured went up, and
no improvements were made in our health care system? You can't do worse
than that.

snip
Don't confuse "conservatives" with kleptomaniac plutocrats and
sociopathic oligarchs. If Bob Taft or Barry Goldwater were alive
today they would be organizing lynching parties, starting with
the egomaniacal RINO politicians that hijacked the terms
"conservative" and "republican," and then spent the country into
disaster.

Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 00:36:34 -0600, F. George McDuffee
wrote:

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 21:03:18 -0800, "Bill McKee"
wrote:
snip
Conservatives controlled the whole federal government for the last eight
out of nine years. They could have passed any laws they wanted to change
health care. They left it completely alone. Prices for insurance during
that period skyrocketed. So what do you say about conservatives when the
prices went up under their control, the number of uninsured went up, and
no improvements were made in our health care system? You can't do worse
than that.

snip
Don't confuse "conservatives" with kleptomaniac plutocrats and
sociopathic oligarchs. If Bob Taft or Barry Goldwater were alive
today they would be organizing lynching parties, starting with
the egomaniacal RINO politicians that hijacked the terms
"conservative" and "republican," and then spent the country into
disaster.

Hear Hear!! Very well said!!! Bravo!!!

Gunner

Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Does the party approve of that line of thought, Comrade? One
moment while I check my little red book.

Hmm. I do not find that approved. Please report to the hope
and change retraining center, tomorrow morning. They will be
glad to see you. Do not be afraid.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

m...

"Steve B" wrote in message
that if this health care abomination is enacted, and a lot
of lower class
Americans start dying, that a lot of higher class
Americans will die, too.
Just not of natural causes. We seem to be on the cusp of
some serious
class infighting here.

MHO, YMMV, and all that.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 20:43:59 -0800, Hawke
wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Anything liberals touch; the price goes way up. Easy bet.
You win the bet, but lose (as a person) account of your
costs go up.

Conservatives controlled the whole federal government for the last eight
out of nine years. They could have passed any laws they wanted to change
health care. They left it completely alone. Prices for insurance during
that period skyrocketed. So what do you say about conservatives when the
prices went up under their control, the number of uninsured went up,
and no improvements were made in our health care system? You can't do
worse than that.

Hawke

I wonder whether you are looking at the problem backwards? Perhaps the
question is not "how will we pay for medical care", but is "why is
medical care so expensive?"

Is medical care in the U.S. that much better then it is in other
places where costs are less? For example, compare the price of a
medicine in Canada and the U.S....

Regards,

J.B.