Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lie of the Year

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Yes but big difference is that you can sue the insurance company.
With the government, you're SOL.

Yeah? Try it. They're pretty well covered. They'll occassionally give in
when they get a lot of bad press, but they're always weighing it against
costs.

(R) Tom Colburn Sen OK was sued once. He prevailed but it still cost him.

He mentioned yesterday that a small percentage of malpractice cases prevail but it still
is very expensive for all involved.

The government can decline to be sued.

Most of their self-protection is locked into the contracts. If a procedure
or drug isn't covered, that's all she wrote. The only time it comes up is
when doctors argue over whether a treatment is "experimental." The insurance
companies usually win those cases.

I've never been presented a contract on what is covered. I'm paying my 'share' for health
insurance. Seems like I should get a legally binding document that is non perisiable each
time I renew my insurance. Blurbs on websites doesn't count.

There are so many things that should be fully disclosed and it doesn't sound like that is
being addressed.

Do you know in advance if a procedure or medication you might need is covered? I assume
by now you are on Medicare or Medicare Advantage (for those who have a financial
advantage) ;(

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Yes but big difference is that you can sue the insurance company.
With the government, you're SOL.

Yeah? Try it. They're pretty well covered. They'll occassionally give in
when they get a lot of bad press, but they're always weighing it against
costs.

(R) Tom Colburn Sen OK was sued once. He prevailed but it still cost him.

He mentioned yesterday that a small percentage of malpractice cases
prevail but it still
is very expensive for all involved.

The government can decline to be sued.

The government's incentive will be much different. The Chief Medical
Officers of insurance companies are partially compensated by how many
expensive treatments they can deny. And that's a fact.

Most of their self-protection is locked into the contracts. If a procedure
or drug isn't covered, that's all she wrote. The only time it comes up is
when doctors argue over whether a treatment is "experimental." The
insurance
companies usually win those cases.

I've never been presented a contract on what is covered.

Yes you have, if you have any kind of insurance. If your company doesn't
provide it for you, ask for the terms at your HR department.

I'm paying my 'share' for health
insurance. Seems like I should get a legally binding document that is non
perisiable each
time I renew my insurance. Blurbs on websites doesn't count.

Ask HR.

There are so many things that should be fully disclosed and it doesn't
sound like that is
being addressed.

Do you know in advance if a procedure or medication you might need is
covered? I assume
by now you are on Medicare or Medicare Advantage (for those who have a
financial
advantage) ;(

I'm 61. I'm on Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Sheesh, don't age me faster than I'm
already aging. g

Yes, you can call the insurance company in advance and find out if a
procedure is covered. Or maybe your HR department will do it for you.

Be skeptical about what they say. The people on the phone usually don't
understand the full details of the agreements. I have to call at least once
a month, for one of the three of us. My son just had his fifth MRI, for
example. Soccer player. g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I'm 61. I'm on Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Sheesh, don't age me faster than I'm
already aging. g

Good news! I thought you were older.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I'm 61. I'm on Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Sheesh, don't age me faster than
I'm
already aging. g

Good news! I thought you were older.

Wes

Sheesh. I'm a lot older than I was before I got into arguments with the
paleos here. g

--
Ed Huntress

Lie of the Year Wes[_2_] Metalworking 18 December 21st 09 04:23 PM
O/T: Next Year Uh- Oh! Lew Hodgett[_4_] Woodworking 9 May 29th 09 02:31 AM
SOFIANE BAHRI 0021275831620 new year 2007 new year 2007 new year 2007 Sofiane Le King Of Internet UK diy 0 January 1st 07 11:50 AM
OEF: Sgt. Anton Hiett of Mount Airy, a 25-year-old Army reservist who volunteered to go to Afghanistan a medic, leaves behind a wife, Misty, and a 2-year-old daughter, Kyra. Woodworking 0 March 16th 06 11:16 AM
DVD of the year? Mr.Ed Woodworking 1 December 31st 04 02:14 AM