Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What next?

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
Now my spelcheckr is stuck on French, and it won't change to any other
language. The dropdown has only French. I think someone's messing with
me. Guess it's time to take it to the shop.

It's always something.

Steve

Buy a bottle of pouilly fuisse, grab a slice of quiche Lorraine, put your
feet up on the hamac, and forgetaboutit.

Nobody pays attention to spelling here, anyway.

--
Ed Huntress

I suspected something wrong when words like "from" and "there" came up as
misspelled. You know how when you get old that VERY common words look
funny? That's right, I thought. Then I started digging.

As for trying things French, I'd rather put up with this aggravation.

Steve

I've got a quiche Lorraine recipe to kill for. Half heavy cream, half light
cream, eggs, Swiss cheese, and bacon. Tell me that real men won't eat
*that*.

However, make sure you take your Lipitor before eating. It's a heart attack
on a pie plate. g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:00:20 -0800, Steve B wrote:

Now my spelcheckr is stuck on French, and it won't change to any other
language. The dropdown has only French. I think someone's messing with
me. Guess it's time to take it to the shop.

It's always something.

Steve

Find a French-language metalworking group?

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I've got a quiche Lorraine recipe to kill for. Half heavy cream, half light
cream, eggs, Swiss cheese, and bacon. Tell me that real men won't eat
*that*.

However, make sure you take your Lipitor before eating. It's a heart attack
on a pie plate. g

--
Ed Huntress- Hide quoted text -

Care to share that recipe, Ed? I'll admit I eat sh"t like that. Bill

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
Now my spelcheckr is stuck on French, and it won't change to any other
language. The dropdown has only French. I think someone's messing with
me. Guess it's time to take it to the shop.

It's always something.

Steve

Did you install Microsoft office 2007 by any chance?

It installs a new dictionary that outlook express can't read.

Robert

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Robert" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
Now my spelcheckr is stuck on French, and it won't change to any other
language. The dropdown has only French. I think someone's messing with
me. Guess it's time to take it to the shop.

It's always something.

Steve

Did you install Microsoft office 2007 by any chance?

It installs a new dictionary that outlook express can't read.

Robert

forgot the link to free spellchecker that will fix the problem.

info about problem

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...a-c42b5f547d2d

Robert

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
[...]

Al Gore and Bill Clinton go in to a restaurant. Bill looks at the menu and
says to the pretty waitress, I'll have the quickie. Al leans over and says
that is quiche. Bad, the devil made me do it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Now my spelcheckr is stuck on French, and it won't change to any other
language. The dropdown has only French. ==I think someone's messing with me.==
Guess it's time to take it to the shop.

It's always something.

Steve

========
I don't know your situation, but if more than one person has
physical access to your computer be sure to implement password
protection on the administrator account and your personal user
account, if you use one.

Activation of the "boot lock" available on many ROM bios can also
be helpful to avoid tampering as well as providing some data
security if the computer is stolen. [If any data is critical, be
sure and encrypt the files.]

If more than one person [you] needs to use the computer, set them
up with their own (or a guest) account with limited privileges.

If you do not have a firewall and antivirus installed and connect
to the internet [which you must be doing to post to the NGs] get
these installed ASAP. I suggest the IOLO system mechanic pro as
it also includes a "system guard" feature to monitor/prevent
changes to your settings along with several useful utilities.
You can install the entire package on up to 3 computers. You can
see more on their site at
http://www.iolo.com/?b=9DB8570D-FAB0...0&id=39465&r=0

If this looks interesting, email me and I will send you a
discount email offer that I got for friends and family when I
renewed my subscription.

Good luck. FWIW -- "hot boot" does not mean kicking the computer
across the room while it is still on.

Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill McKee wrote:
Al Gore and Bill Clinton go in to a restaurant. Bill looks at the menu and
says to the pretty waitress, I'll have the quickie. Al leans over and says
that is quiche. Bad, the devil made me do it.

Thats pretty good, a mix of politics and spelling jokes. :-)
...lew...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
[...]

As my Uncle Bob, an ex-pro wrestler, once said: "Real men eat whatever
they damn well please."

However, make sure you take your Lipitor before eating. It's a heart attack
on a pie plate. g

Oh, yeah, but whatta way to go!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John Husvar" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
[...]

I'm working on getting the recipe down on paper, and I'll post it later
tonight if I can. This one will turn your arteries into steel tubing. g

It's one of the few things I can make for guests and count on them flipping
over it.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill" wrote in message

I've got a quiche Lorraine recipe to kill for. Half heavy cream, half
light
cream, eggs, Swiss cheese, and bacon. Tell me that real men won't eat
*that*.

However, make sure you take your Lipitor before eating. It's a heart
attack
on a pie plate. g

--
Ed Huntress- Hide quoted text -

Care to share that recipe, Ed? I'll admit I eat sh"t like that. Bill

OK, Bill, I'm working on it. The basic recipe comes from Sheila Elion, who
used to run a cooking show on WGBH Boston called "The Everyday Gourmet." But
I've made a few modifications, which I've never put down on paper. I'll get
it done.

It's really about the same as Julia Childs' old recipe. But...oh, well, I'll
just get it down and let it explain itself.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

Al Gore and Bill Clinton go in to a restaurant. Bill looks at the menu
and says to the pretty waitress, I'll have the quickie. Al leans over and
says that is quiche. Bad, the devil made me do it.

Honi soit qui mal y pense!
--
Michael Koblic
Campbell River, BC

- in any case, that is a David Beckham joke.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Besides, you would have to find someone to surrender to.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

"Steve B" wrote in message
Now my spelcheckr is stuck on French, and it won't change to any other
language. The dropdown has only French. I think someone's messing with
me. Guess it's time to take it to the shop.

It's always something.

Steve

Buy a bottle of pouilly fuisse, grab a slice of quiche Lorraine, put your
feet up on the hamac, and forgetaboutit.

Nobody pays attention to spelling here, anyway.

--
Ed Huntress

I suspected something wrong when words like "from" and "there" came up as
misspelled. You know how when you get old that VERY common words look
funny? That's right, I thought. Then I started digging.

As for trying things French, I'd rather put up with this aggravation.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Robert" wrote

Did you install Microsoft office 2007 by any chance?

It installs a new dictionary that outlook express can't read.

Robert

Yes, and I'm about to uninstall it.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
[...]

Years ago, in Salt Lake City, there was a restaurant (Don Quixote) that
served quiche as an appetizer. Never in all my years had I eaten anything
so damned good. It got to the point where I'd go in just for quiche.

You willing to share that recipe, Ed? By chance, do you top it with a
chicken flavored sauce?

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
[...]

Yup, a real quiche Lorraine is one of my four favorite foods in the world,
the others being pecan pie; my mother's Crab Louie (she had a crab pot
working off of her dock, full time); and barbecued mullet from Fast Eddie's
south of Sarasota, Fla.

Most people never get to eat a real quiche. The stuff they sell in
restaurants and supermarkets usually is made with milk and some damned
chemical gum that thickens it up. It's OK, but it's nothing like the real
thing. The real ingredients are too expensive for ordinary restaurants. If
you use Gruyere cheese, it's ridiculous.

You willing to share that recipe, Ed? By chance, do you top it with a
chicken flavored sauce?

Harold

You'll see that I posted the recipe last night, Harold. No, I never tried it
with chicken sauce g, but quiche is a very flexible thing. I don't doubt
that it would be good.

There are many other versions of quiche besides Lorraine, and many of them
are good. But there's nothing like the original, IMO.

--
Ed Huntress