Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Where it all began.....

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Jeff R." wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

racism
1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and
capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of
a particular race

Hmmm...
Does that mean that if I made the innocent observation that African
Americans tend to dominate in, say, basketball and track & field, yet not
in swimming events, would that be a racist observation?

--
Jeff R.
(just wondering)

It would if you summed it up by saying that they're a superior or inferior
race. That's what racism is.

Very good Ed. EXCEPT that isn't the way it has been used
by the (what ever term you wish for the current political
leaders).
Every time someone objects to a proposal by the leader
they are called a "racist".
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lewis Hartswick" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Jeff R." wrote in message
[...]

Dunno, Lew. I didn't believe it much at first, but when I listen to the
really vehement and vicious antagonism toward Obama, and compare it with
that directed against a couple of presidents who had much lower approval
ratings (Reagan and Carter), it's becoming clear that racism is a big
component of it. I expected some, but this is getting serious.

--
Ed Huntress