DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Is this overkill? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/292918-overkill.html)

stryped[_3_] November 30th 09 01:18 PM

Is this overkill?

I finally got my wire ran from building to building. Unfortunately, I
think one or two of my joints (conduit to conduit) may not have fully
seated when installing them. (PVC) I had trouble when installign the
conduit of pulling one piece fully inot the other matting piece in the
ditch . It is on and glued but I am not sure each pipe "bottomed out"
into the other pipe if that makes sense.

Would putting concrete over the joint make it more water/moisture
proof or am I worrying for nothing?

Stormin Mormon November 30th 09 03:43 PM

Is this overkill?

Yes, that makes total sense, to me. I'm not sure about the
concrete. I'd be tempted to blob on generous ammounts of PVC
glue, and let that dry. Hope that does the job.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Bob La Londe November 30th 09 04:12 PM

Is this overkill?

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Yes, that makes total sense, to me. I'm not sure about the
concrete. I'd be tempted to blob on generous ammounts of PVC
glue, and let that dry. Hope that does the job.

As long as it is a non traffic area maybe, but PVC cement softens the
plastic. Globbing massive amounts on the outside could cause excessive
softening and result in damage.

Stormin Mormon November 30th 09 04:55 PM

Is this overkill?

Thanks for the field report. Didn't know that.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message