Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mind if I hijack this thread for a moment?

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
Lee Michaels wrote:
I just saw this thread. It is definitely a tomato slicer. I have owned
several over the years. It probably started with my grandmother's
famous lettuce and tomato sandwiches. The lettuce and tomato were fresh
from her extraordinary garden. And the bread was home baked and BIG.

I fell in love with tomatoes way back then and have consumed tons of
them since.

I bet you about puke when you get one at a restaurant.

My wife loves to grow cherry tomatos.

We munch on those for three months of the year.

I am a big beefsteak tomato kinda guy nyself.

And yes, standard tomatos compare badly with the real thing.

"tomato shaped vegetative product" "simulato"

b.w.