Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shock Absorbers

I use these things daily... It really depends on how much you want to spend.

Most hydraulic shocks damp when the piston is pushed in, but though
I've never used them, I think I have run across reverse acting units.

Here are the mfrs I'm most familiar with:
http://www.enidine.com/Industrial/DAMain.html

Not robust enough. The innards will blow apart in his application.

However, I stock 2" through 8" models if you want to try one...

They come in forward, reverse or forward and reverse control models.

http://www.deschner.com/products/kinechek.html

Deschner is the best out there in the small item field. ...but they don't
make a "pull style" unit. They only make plunger style units. However, if
you can figure out how to use them, they have both "feed control" types as
well as cushionair-type that act as a shock absorber.

I've got a bunch of sizes ranging from 1/2" to 6" in stock if you want to
try one.

http://www.acecontrols.com/

Semi-decent product... But I'm not sure they make a "pull style."

http://www.efdyn.com/products.html
http://www.enertrols.com/

Never run across them in my field. Must be shock asbsorber-type only I
guess just from a quick look at their site.

A search for "hydraulic shocks" or "hydraulic dampers" on
thomasnet.com will no doubt turn up more.

The best, and highest quality device I've run across is Control Line.

http://www.control-line.com/motioncontrol.asp

Costly, but they will make them totally custom for you to a degree. If you
want, send me specs and I'll grab you one at my cost as an OEM that uses
them often.

I'm guessing you probably don't want to spend too much on teh fix though.
What's the budget for this part?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 08:27:19 -0500, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

Deschner is the best out there in the small item field. ...but they don't
make a "pull style" unit. They only make plunger style units. However, if
you can figure out how to use them, they have both "feed control" types as
well as cushionair-type that act as a shock absorber.

Btw...Deschner used to be one of my best customers. I built all the
machines in their shop....Their OmniTurns that is.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton